What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jeopardy Baby, Ooooh-ooh-oooooh (3 Viewers)

James!

ETA: Heard him Boo! the GB Packers on Jeopardy tonite. Makes him a hero! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ken got most all the daily doubles in both games.  Brad got a couple but missed them.  Despite not landing on a daily double, James almost pulled out the first match.  

Not many questions missed and, I think, only one that no one buzzed in on. Maybe two. 

Rutter relaxed and looked like he might be competitive after he realized he'd tanked the first match.

Jennings with the W and honestly looked like he might throw up a couple times.

James is a machine.  That he got that close to winning without hitting ANY of the six DDs is impressive.  I'd probably make him a slight favorite even down 1-0 at this point.

Also, these guys are all unreal.  The triple rhyming thing was... who can do that?

LOVE the format.  Two games, combined score = 1 win.  3 wins to take the title down.  Minimum of 6 games and could be as many as 14.

Rutter relaxed and looked like he might be competitive after he realized he'd tanked the first match.

James is a machine.  That he got that close to winning without hitting ANY of the six DDs is impressive.  I'd probably make him a slight favorite even down 1-0 at this point.

Also, these guys are all unreal.  The triple rhyming thing was... who can do that?

LOVE the format.  Two games, combined score = 1 win.  3 wins to take the title down.  Minimum of 6 games and could be as many as 14.
:goodposting:

Wait...there could be upwards of 7 days of this?! I figured it was 3 and done...?

So this is an open ended tournament.  Anywhere from 3 to 7 nights.

Ok, so are they taping this the day of airing?  That's the only way I can think that they wouldn't already know how many episodes there are going to be.

Ok, so are they taping this the day of airing?  That's the only way I can think that they wouldn't already know how many episodes there are going to be.
They know. They're just doing everything they can to keep the rest of the world from knowing.

Since it is only 3 nights this week that this airs does that mean Ken wins all the matches?  or is it scheduled to pick up again next week?  

They know. They're just doing everything they can to keep the rest of the world from knowing.
My on-screen guide for Xfinity has this listed every night for 7 nights (Tue-Thu this week, Mon-Thu next week), so it may really go the full 7 nights, but they're at least trying to not give it away (e.g. if it was only running 4 nights and on night 3 one of them had 2 wins already, we would know they clinch that night.) I imagine they'll pre-empt the time slots for any unnecessary nights. 

James needs to start finding daily doubles.  The other guys are guessing correctly right off the bat.  Course Brad hasn't had that much money to wager on his. 

James needs to start finding daily doubles.  The other guys are guessing correctly right off the bat.  Course Brad hasn't had that much money to wager on his. 
Only one night in, but my gut reaction is that the producers have upped the ante on daily doubles--they seemed extra difficult, as Brad discovered.

He did pretty good despite that problem, bodes well for James.  Brad needs to up his game quickly.

It feels like James is going to run off 3 straight and take this thing from here. I have to believe he won't have another match where all 6 DJs elude him.

Dinsy Ejotuz said:
Jayrok said:
Since it is only 3 nights this week that this airs does that mean Ken wins all the matches?  or is it scheduled to pick up again next week?  
Picks up again next week if someone else wins at least one match.
Saw an ad for a new episode of the Goldbergs that mentioned that the episode wouldn't be shown if the tourney was still running.

Good game.  James finally got a DD.  I honestly think Ken's only chance is to continue to get the DDs instead of James.  Let him get one or both and it's usually lights out. 

Kens is doing great and it's funny how he knows he has to essentially go all in on DDs.  Can tell he is uncomfortable doing that.  Not sure what' wrong with Brad.  Nerves maybe.

Brad has taken himself out of 3 of the 4 games so far by immediately hitting the DD in the first selection of the DJ round, going all in, and missing it. He’s basically starting the game in a $12k hole with only one round to play. Gotta figure if he gets one of those and the confidence comes with it. Definitely did not predict that we’d see someone negative heading into FJ in any game. 

James is in their heads too. Ken and Brad know they have to go all in every chance they can, and Ken is visibly uncomfortable doing so. Brad just hasn’t had the money to make it competitive yet.  If Ken can hit the DD’s and get them right he’ll give James all he can handle, as evidenced in the first match. 

I’m rooting for Ken. Remember watching his entire 74 game run, he’s the classic champion in my book. 

After watching the All Time Team Tournament, I watched the regular show, which had 1 average and 2 clearly below average contestants.

Boy did they seem clueless after watching James/Ken/Brad! 

Poor Brad. Hard to believe how much money he made in previous times.

" the biggest all-time money winner on Jeopardy! and briefly held the record for biggest cumulative game show winnings for any U.S. game show with  $4,255,102  and a pair of Chevrolet Camaros. "

So what is James doing when Alex is introducing the categories for each round? It looks like he's looking down and checking his phone or something below and to the right of the podium?

So what is James doing when Alex is introducing the categories for each round? It looks like he's looking down and checking his phone or something below and to the right of the podium?
No chance he has a phone there. Probably just mentally clearing his head. 

Poor Brad. Hard to believe how much money he made in previous times.

" the biggest all-time money winner on Jeopardy! and briefly held the record for biggest cumulative game show winnings for any U.S. game show with  $4,255,102  and a pair of Chevrolet Camaros. "
He played during the era where you could only win 5 games in a row so he didn't have the long streaks that Ken and James had.  So most of his winnings are from the big tournaments.  IIRC he won $2M in just one of them, unless I heard that wrong.  

No chance he has a phone there. Probably just mentally clearing his head. 
Pretty strange motion for clearing his head: turn body 90 degrees to the right, both hands down around his waist, head down and looking at hands. Doesn't strike me as the type to pray before each round.

Brad seems way out of his depth here 
This is hard to watch. Local guy, so has a lot of backers in this area, and this reminds me of watching Steve Carlton's time with the Indians and Twins (as a Phillies fan who debated Ryan vs. Carlton as best ever during most of the 80's) while Nolan Ryan was still throwing no-hitters.

He played during the era where you could only win 5 games in a row so he didn't have the long streaks that Ken and James had.  So most of his winnings are from the big tournaments.  IIRC he won $2M in just one of them, unless I heard that wrong.  
Well he does get 250k just for showing up. Might still have the total money record after this.

This is hard to watch. Local guy, so has a lot of backers in this area, and this reminds me of watching Steve Carlton's time with the Indians and Twins (as a Phillies fan who debated Ryan vs. Carlton as best ever during most of the 80's) while Nolan Ryan was still throwing no-hitters.
Yea I said to a friend last night it’s like watching a team from the 70s play a current day team. Not suited for it. 

Kind of reminds me of the recent Mike Postle poker cheating scandal.

My wife, high school teacher for 20 years and never saw James until this tournament, mentioned last night she sees signs of ASD, just going by her experience with special education students. Obviously on the high-functioning side. 

It's interesting that James has forced Ken and Brad to bet their entire sum on the Daily Doubles.  It's clear they're uncomfortable doing it, even if it's for like 3,800 or 7,400 dollars, but they know that James is a maniac and, if they don't?  He's going to double down on a question with like 14,000 in the bank already.

She does seem to be quite attractive.  I wonder if she'll be involved with the show going forward.
Yeah, Sajak's daughter fits the part very well and would be a nice replacement.  I assume when Pat goes, Vanna goes as well.  Bringing in Sajak's daughter would be a nice nod to the history of show. 

Users who are viewing this thread