What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jeopardy Baby, Ooooh-ooh-oooooh (3 Viewers)

My wife and I both answered "Tinkerbell" to last night's Final.
That's about as close as you can get and still get it wrong. :wall:

My teenage kids started getting into watching Jeopardy a couple months ago so now we watch it every night together. The rule of Final Jeopardy is DON'T YELL OUT THE ANSWER. Last night, Ken Jennings hadn't even finished reading the clue yet when my wife blurts out "PETERPAN!" as fast as she could. Rest of the family absolutely shamed her.
That's the rule in my house, too!

I normally fast forward the "get to know the nerds" portion, but catching that she was the 1995 baby of the year winner for some regional contest made me want her to lose for a few minutes. Made me rethink my life.

Loved that Terry Bradshaw was a triple stumper.

I normally fast forward the "get to know the nerds" portion, but catching that she was the 1995 baby of the year winner for some regional contest made me want her to lose for a few minutes. Made me rethink my life.

There were a lot of easy stumpers tonight (I'm looking at you, Chrissy Hynde/Joan Jett/Pat Benatar). But then she got some I wouldn't have (including the FJ). I can see why some guys here "like" her a bit, but those gums are too much for me. She seems sweet, and I was happy she won, though.

Love the lilt in her voice at the end of her sentences..

So glad she will be around for another day...

Love the lilt in her voice at the end of her sentences..

So glad she will be around for another day...
Yes, she's kind of the Amy Adams of Jeopardy contestants.

There were a lot of easy stumpers tonight (I'm looking at you, Chrissy Hynde/Joan Jett/Pat Benatar). But then she got some I wouldn't have (including the FJ). I can see why some guys here "like" her a bit, but those gums are too much for me. She seems sweet, and I was happy she won, though.
I couldn’t believe they all also missed Miles Davis in the Miami Vice category. They were too young, I guess, as with the Benatar question.

I couldn’t believe they all also missed Miles Davis in the Miami Vice category. They were too young, I guess, as with the Benatar question.
I'm not too young. I just didn't watch that show. Too many pastels, I guess.

I'm not too young. I just didn't watch that show. Too many pastels, I guess.
I didn't watch it either. But the "Birth of Cool" part of the clue was a dead giveaway.

I often complain when contestants bet poorly on the Final but last night the returning champ Kendra made an excellent wager.
It didn't pay off as the leader got the Final correct. But if he had missed it, she would have went from 3rd to winning by $2.
The Megan Wachspress betting strategy. Others have definitely taken notice.

I prefer Ken over Miyam. Seems clear a majority agree with me. Why do they persist in splitting the duties? Pick a lane.
It does give Ken vacation time.
That's a big reason why things are the way they are. I remember an interview with Ken shortly after the co-hosting arrangement was finalized, where he said that Alex was so busy with Jeopardy that he rarely ever had time away from it, and he didn't want that to be the case for him, so having a rotation helps him have the time to do other things he wants to do.

Her hesitancy to call an answer correct is getting to me (in addition to all the other stupid stuff she does). Earlier this week was a BYU question. They answered BYU, she waited a few seconds then said "Correct, Brigham Young". Everyone should know BYU is Brigham Young University, yet it seems like she needs to either look down at the answer, or wait for the judges to tell her they gave the correct answer.

Her hesitancy to call an answer correct is getting to me (in addition to all the other stupid stuff she does). Earlier this week was a BYU question. They answered BYU, she waited a few seconds then said "Correct, Brigham Young". Everyone should know BYU is Brigham Young University, yet it seems like she needs to either look down at the answer, or wait for the judges to tell her they gave the correct answer.
It does show how much Ken really knows. I suspect he's ruled some answers correct even though that's not what is on his answer sheet.

On yesterday's show, she laughed at the picture of people curling because she always laughs at curling.

She's a tool and needs to go ASAP.

Just catching up on a few episodes (for some weird reason, we haven't been as motivated as usual to watch this week).

All I could think at that moment was to wonder how Alex would have reacted.

On yesterday's show, she laughed at the picture of people curling because she always laughs at curling.

Just catching up on a few episodes (for some weird reason, we haven't been as motivated as usual to watch this week).

I suspect that since he was Canadian, curling was SERIOUS BUSINESS to Alex.

I suspect that since he was Canadian, curling was SERIOUS BUSINESS to Alex.
Exactly. He always seemed proud of all things Canadian. He sometimes got visibly annoyed when contestants got Canadian geography wrong. I can only imagine what he'd think of her laughing at the sport.

Especially when Ken is a BYU alum.

I think she does the pause thing just to be an ay-hole not to look down or get acknowledgement.

Last edited:
I think she does the pause thing just to be an ay-hole not to look down or get acknowledgment.
I doubt it.

I think she does the pause thing just to be an ay-hole not to look down or get acknowledgment.
I doubt it.
How’s that saying go? “Never attribute to malice or conspiracy that which can be easily attributed to incompetence.”

I doubt it.
How’s that saying go? “Never attribute to malice or conspiracy that which can be easily attributed to incompetence.”
I don't know. I think she does the dramatic pause for effect. She's a brilliant woman and I don't think it's incompetence. But it is what it is with her - we just have to slog through another few weeks.

I doubt it.
I don't know. I think she does the dramatic pause for effect. She's a brilliant woman and I don't think it's incompetence. But it is what it is with her - we just have to slog through another few weeks.

She's not brilliant to me.

I doubt it.

She's not brilliant to me.
Nor me. Too flaky to be all that smart.

I like the 3 finalists in the tournament.
I was surprised that only one got the geography Final last night as it seemed easy.
I also noticed that lack of Movie categories in this tournament compared to normal games.

Why does the crowd need to react with surprise and over the top cheering when someone goes all in on a daily double, on the 4th question of the game? So glad Ken will be back tomorrow, the giggling at answers was getting to me.

Why does the crowd need to react with surprise and over the top cheering when someone goes all in on a daily double, on the 4th question of the game? So glad Ken will be back tomorrow, the giggling at answers was getting to me.
Not a clue. Why do the contestants have to make stupid hand gestures when they are being introduced? What nun in 1956 is missing her outfit?

Users who are viewing this thread