What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jeopardy Baby, Ooooh-ooh-oooooh (1 Viewer)

So, how do you imagine she thought a road connected Albany and Boston, but went thru Denver between them?? Or that a city on the coast was somehow the 1st or 2nd highest in elevation??
Numbering system starts on West coast
How does that explain how she thought a road can start in either Albany or Boston, and go thru Denver before it reaches the other one?? IF the clue was that it passed thru A and B before going to D then maybe, but since odd numbered highways are N-S, kind of hard to connect those 3 cities.

3 out of 5 Beatles songs missed, and one of the correct was Ken giving credit to someone who identified “Something” as “Something in the Way She Moves”? Oof.
Legit. As long as the added part is correct and it doesn't violate the category or the clue, it is legal. That's why Ken paused. He had to be sure that was the lyric.

3 out of 5 Beatles songs missed, and one of the correct was Ken giving credit to someone who identified “Something” as “Something in the Way She Moves”? Oof.
That’s the 4th time this month that someone misspoke and the judges let it slide. I still swear someone said Castner instead of Costner last week

I'm still shocked that they all missed the TV Final yesterday. 4 of my friends and I all got that one immediately, including one guy that rarely gets the Final correct.

Legit. As long as the added part is correct and it doesn't violate the category or the clue, it is legal. That's why Ken paused. He had to be sure that was the lyric.
I figured. But it’s another indicator that these people knew nothing about the Beatles.

I'm still shocked that they all missed the TV Final yesterday. 4 of my friends and I all got that one immediately, including one guy that rarely gets the Final correct.
and 2 of them thought MASH was a drama.
The answer was obvious if you knew that Magnum PI was filmed in Hawaii. Which apparently they didn’t.

What's funny is it happened twice, when cbs rebooted Hawaii 50 a few years ago, then canceled it, the Magnum PI reboot reused their sets and crew again

Looks like pre-empted by the draft for me.

Was in our area as well but we watch (commercial free) on YouYube each day. Episodes usually pop up around 5pm. They don’t stay up as they presumptively remove after 6-8 hours.

YT we’re currently using is

444 WEEKLY UPDATES! (@20TriviaQandA)

After the episode they have 20 questions of trivia which is fun.

We are, once again, Kenless.

Does the rhythm of the game always feels a bit off with Mayim?

The contestant gets a DD right and it feels like she's a half beat slow to say "that's correct!"

(usually a half beat slow triggers disappointment bc it is followed by "no I'm worry we were looking for....")

4-day champ up to $124K

Does the rhythm of the game always feels a bit off with Mayim?

The contestant gets a DD right and it feels like she's a half beat slow to say "that's correct!"

(usually a half beat slow triggers disappointment bc it is followed by "no I'm worry we were looking for....")

4-day champ up to $124K
I ended up yelling at the screen again during final. Where do they find these idiots?

The Masters thing was fun.

Thoughts on the Daily Double reveal?

I like that they announce ahead before they do it, hope that continues. I don't want to know so I can just look away/shield my eyes whilst they do it.

I like that they announce ahead before they do it, hope that continues. I don't want to know so I can just look away/shield my eyes whilst they do it.
For some reason my TV is playing assisted audio description with Jeopardy Masters, so looking away does not help as I hear a voiceover with it.

I can’t figure out why it is doing that — it is just Jeopardy Masters and not other TV shows, and when I go into my TV settings, it shows assisted audio description as off.

I thought today's Final was way easier than usual.

from Monday night? yeah that was an instaget, you would think in a Masters FJ they’d go for something more obscure.
No, I was just jumping the gun on tonight's regular show. But yeah to that also.

Yes, that was super easy as well.

And @Mrs. Rannous will be screaming at the tv again when she sees the wagers.

:lmao:
You could probably hear me from wherever you are. What possible reason could she have had for doing that?

For some reason my TV is playing assisted audio description with Jeopardy Masters, so looking away does not help as I hear a voiceover with it.

I can’t figure out why it is doing that — it is just Jeopardy Masters and not other TV shows, and when I go into my TV settings, it shows assisted audio description as off.
Might be something to do with how you are getting the signal.

I thought today's Final was way easier than usual.

from Monday night? yeah that was an instaget, you would think in a Masters FJ they’d go for something more obscure.
No, I was just jumping the gun on tonight's regular show. But yeah to that also.

Yes, that was super easy as well.

And @Mrs. Rannous will be screaming at the tv again when she sees the wagers.

:lmao:
You could probably hear me from wherever you are. What possible reason could she have had for doing that?

It's baffling. We see it so often, someone plays well enough to beat a ToC bound champion and then flatlines the wager.

Scores going into Final:​

Hannah $26,000
Raquel $14,400
Joe $5,800

Hannah: Standard cover bet over Raquel is $2,801. (Actual bet: $3,000)
Raquel: You must bet at least $8,801 to have any chance of winning. (Actual bet: $8,000)

It. Keeps. Happening.

Jeopardy! Masters Standings:​

1st: Andrew He (4 points, 1 win, 41 correct, 31,400 Coryat)
2nd: James Holzhauer (3 points, 1 win, 49 correct, 38,400 Coryat)
3rd: Mattea Roach (3 points, 1 win, 32 correct, 22,400 Coryat)
4th: Matt Amodio (3 points, 1 win, 29 correct, 22,000 Coryat)
5th: Amy Schneider (2 points, 0 wins, 31 correct, 24,000 Coryat)
6th: Sam Buttrey (1 point, 0 wins, 38 correct, 24,600 Coryat)

Tomorrow’s match-ups:​

Game 1: James Holzhauer, Amy Schneider, Sam Buttrey
Game 2: Andrew He, Mattea Roach, Matt Amodio

That reminds me, OH was oh-so-proud to get one of the triple-stumpers right in the second Masters game. Now I don't remember what it was. We both whiffed on the Final Jeopardy that they all missed, though.

Surprised tonight's regular show final was a triple stumper.

Clue: In 1901 6 colonies joined together to form this nation, today the sixth largest in area

Answer: Australia

They were struggling, 10 triple stumpers (4 in one category - Better Tomes & Gardens) is not a well played game, Combined Coryat of 24,800 is the lowest I can remember in awhile? Hannah is a solid player, averaging 20,000 Coryat through 6 games, but she breezed through last night; 14 correct with no misses in the Jeopardy round.

Great news! Mayim Bialik has walked off the set "in solidarity" with the writers on strike, and won't be returning this season! Ken Jennings will fill in and replace her for the remaining episodes (this season finishes filming next Friday).

Please be true

I might get tomatoes thrown at my head for this, but I don't care. Ken is a better host of Jeopardy! than Alex Trebek was. The way he responds to the player anecdotes, knows when to inject a touch of humor into correct response confirmations, and his history on their side of the lecterns means he has a relatability to the players that Trebek could never have. He knows how to treat the players with respect when they've earned it, empathy if they're struggling, and admiration for a tough answer or a winning streak, and his banter with the players is miles and miles better than Trebek's was. Unlike Alex, he doesn't throw on a haughty accent for every European related category, he doesn't deride the players with snark or sarcasm for a wrong response, and he doesn't give the "Bless your heart" smirk and a verbal "aww good for you" response to the players anecdotes. My biggest complaint of Trebek was always how he kept this air of superiority over the players. I'll give you that Ken doesn't have the most perfect speaking voice, and he's got a slight lisp, but he just embodies everything about Jeopardy! and he should be THE singular host of ALL things Jeopardy! for the foreseeable future IMO.

Whoever wins today will face off with 3-day champion Ben Chan on Monday. If it's the current champ that will create a very interesting matchup. Woe to the unfortunate person who gets to play 3rd fiddle. 🎻🎻🎻

Users who are viewing this thread