What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jeremy Chinn (1 Viewer)

J Giles Band

Footballguy
Anyone know why Football Guys has moved Jeremy Chinn to LB in their rankings this week?

I know there has been debate about his position, especially at the beginning of the season. And there was some chatter (I think from Gary Davenport) he might be switched to LB next year by Fantasy Sharks (and thus MFL). Not sure of his snap counts this year but do know the Panthers have moved him all over the field.

Either way, he has been listed at S all season until week 15 and now suddenly he is switched to LB in the FBG's rankings. I found the timing odd.

Would be interested to hear from John Norton or any of the regulars here thoughts as to why?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sigmund Bloom has said FootballGuys will be following others' leads on position designations, so this may be a reaction to Davenport's comments on his podcast.

I don't think it really matters much if your league website didn't change his designation.  You are starting him no matter what so the rankings by FBG's is fairly irrelevant.  
Agreed. Not worried about a position switch on MFL right now. Just thought the timing for the FBG's rankings is odd.

Seems more like a change to be made in the offseason. Not prior to week 15 of the fantasy playoffs.

Checked the Fantasy Sharks website since MFL now uses their depth charts for IDP. They still have Chinn listed at DB (SS to be specific).

Makes the timing of the FBG's switch even more perplexing.

I'd always like it if FBG would double-list tweeners.  I have leagues where scoring is different by position, so for their automated Dominator tools, I'd much rather have Chinn listed as a recommended start at both LB and S than at just one position.  It's a lot easier to ignore him in the LB rankings than it is to translate his points projection at LB to a points projection at S.

Brent Sobleski@brentsobleski

Interesting.

The Panthers plan to move Jeremy Chinn back to safety after playing LB as a rookie.
With the linebackers the Panthers have, there will still be plenty of tackle opportunities.  Plus he's (possibly) only one injury away from being there again.

Realize this is yet another year later... but just another reason why you don't change a player's position in the rankings midseason (or worse, in the fantasy playoffs in 2020 as they did with Chinn). Chinn never made the anticipated full time move to LB that Gary Davenport and others expected (although he certainly saw a lot of snaps there as a rookie).

This is why you don't make changes based on speculation or what you think may happen in the future. Allow actual snap counts, then OTA, minicamp and training camp usage to guide position fits. Then adjust them PRIOR to the season, if necessary.

Thankfully MFL doesn't change positions midseason.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread