What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Joe Bryant's email update this morning (1 Viewer)

Irish3

Footballguy
Howdy,
Welcome in and buckle up. Thank you to the many folks who've emailed about the storms in Florida and now Georgia and the Carolinas. Several folks have asked how they can help. Legacy Collective is an organization I recommend. They focus on more of the at-risk folks who're especially vulnerable in times like these.
We've got NFL News and Notes for you as we head toward another full slate of games this weekend.
Let's Go.
J

Anyone else see this little contraction, which I've never seen used, snuck in there?

First time I've seen it.

Kudos to anyone who's typed thousands, perhaps millions, of words with very few errors.
Sure, I just thought it was hysterical or he was trying to send us an embedded message. Either way, well done J!

Howdy,
Welcome in and buckle up. Thank you to the many folks who've emailed about the storms in Florida and now Georgia and the Carolinas. Several folks have asked how they can help. Legacy Collective is an organization I recommend. They focus on more of the at-risk folks who're especially vulnerable in times like these.
We've got NFL News and Notes for you as we head toward another full slate of games this weekend.
Let's Go.
J

Anyone else see this little contraction, which I've never seen used, snuck in there?
I've always thought that the use of contractions in writing is sort of weird in that it doesn't often reduce the number of characters (my present use of "I've" being an exception).

Sorry, dude. It's legit.

Is it just because it's written instead of spoken that you found it odd?

I read right over it without really catching where the OP was going at first. Seemed normal. Possibly regional (TN)?

Sorry, dude. It's legit.
Oh, I know it is, just so funny to read.

All good brother, gave me a good laugh when I read the update today!

Is it just because it's written instead of spoken that you found it odd?

I read right over it without really catching where the OP was going at first. Seemed normal. Possibly regional (TN)?

How do you read who're and not hear whore?! Followed by your own laughing.

Btw, not that Joe isn't busy enough, but I think it'd be great if he hid or included something in every email for us, like a treasure hunt, just with words. 🤪

Users who are viewing this thread