What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Joey Galloway (1 Viewer)

Long in the tooth, and there were rumors they might go after T.O.

He's a value in the 16th round.

Better to draft a proven consistent performer vs. a risky young butt-nugget.

drafted in the 16th round in one of my leagues......am I missing something?
a good deal? (unless you were the one who drafted him)

16th round is kinda late.

I see no real change in his situation for the Bucs. The only real fluke about last year was the fact he played 16 games healthy.

Muhsin Muhammad changed teams to the BEARS last year and still was a 6th-7th rounder.

They're certainly not going after TO- he's now a Cowboy.Galloway is a great pick for next year. I think top-10 is a little bit high, but you know there's going to be a Tampa WR in the top-20. The only thing that might scare me off of Galloway is the prospect of Clayton returning to his rookie-year form. Either way, though, I think Galloway is a great value pick if you can get him as late as even the 16th or 18th WR off the board.

There were rumors every team would go after TO except for Philadelphia.That TB rumor was absolutely fictitious with no spine.

I think any WR2 is value in the 16th round, but to expect or even hope that his numbers will be the same next year is being extremely optimistic.

Galloway benefited greatly from Clayton being injured nearly all of last year (just as Clayton did the year before of Galloway), and also Cadillac's lingering injuries, which left him as the only playmaking threat on the field.

Next year a healthy Clayton, plus a more involved Cadillac Williams in the receiving game (we are talking in the neighborhood of 50 catches) will significantly reduce his numbers.

Not to mention the Bucs are looking to find his heir through the draft or FA this year.

Drafting him anywhere really is a high risk because of his age, and when his speed begins to dwindle even slightly, his value will decrease dramatically.

But for the 16th round, even for a few game stretch for a receiver to get hot and have a few very solid games garners enough value to be drafted maybe even a little higher.

Clayton will be the more dominant receiver next year, and although I expect Galloway to be a home run threat next year, I also don't think you can bank your fantasy team on a guy who will either catch a 50 yard TD or lay an egg, which is likely to be his outlook for 2006.

If you saw Galloway play last season you wouldnt be worried. He is a playmaker. He is extreamy fast. Looked faster than ever. Most of his catches were short passes that he turned into long TD....Like a guy named TO...IMO he can be a legit #2 in ANY league size. Clayton or not, galloway will break plays and if he played like last season,clayton will not be close.

Your FA WR is familiar ...

Buccaneers | Team re-signs Hilliard

Mon, 20 Mar 2006 13:57:31 -0800

ESPN.com's John Clayton reports the Tampa Bay Buccaneers have re-signed WR Ike Hilliard to a four-year contract. Financial terms were not disclosed.

It certainly depends upon where you can pick him up and what your expectations are for him.

It was a REALLY, REALLY LONG DROUGHT since 1998 the last time he was in the Top 10 WR.

I personally would not expect the same from him next year. The combination of Simms, Williams and Clayton not to mention Alex Smith ...

Galloway was on my Fantasy Super Bowl team last year as my third WR. He was a great value pick. If it does not cost you too much to keep then by all means do so. At best I would expect #2 WR numbers and at worst if he is injury free then a good #3 WR.

Galloway was on my Fantasy Super Bowl team last year as my third WR. He was a great value pick. If it does not cost you too much to keep then by all means do so. At best I would expect #2 WR numbers and at worst if he is injury free then a good #3 WR.
Thanks for the follow up guys......he's not MY keeper, but I'm thinking about trading for him while he's a 16th rounder......I love the VALUE! We all know what goes in the 16th round, the beauty is, in my league if I include my 16th round pick, I get him even later!

Users who are viewing this thread