What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jon Bostic - Bears (1 Viewer)

definitely looked good in the preseason but he won't be playing nickel snaps as long as Briggs and Anderson are healthy. Don't expect a lot right away as it's not like DJ Williams was putting up great numbers in the same role.

I can't believe Williams who sat out the whole preseason beat him out, after he performed with big plays in the preseason, could he outperform Briggs or Anderson and get in the subpackage, definitely looks like he has the range, does he have the instincts?

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't believe Williams who sat out the whole preseason beat him out, after he performed with big plays in the preseason, could he outperform Briggs or Anderson and get in the subpackage, definitely looks like he has the range, does he have the instincts?
According to PFF, Briggs hasn't been great in pass coverage this year but he's played every single snap and probably isn't going to lose snaps to Bostic unless he's injured.

Anderson's strength is in coverage so I think Bostic would have to improve dramatically to earn the trust of the coaches to beat him out for nickel snaps.

I think the reason Bostic lost out to Williams was because he was more prone to making a big mistake while Williams was going to be more reliable even if he didn't make as many plays.

Last edited by a moderator:
he had some great plays in the pre-season along w/ some forgetable ones. I thought Bostic showed enough to make Williams expendable but I guess the coaching staff wanted the Vets out there while Bostic waited. Might only be a 2 downer but a lot of teams are going to try and run all over them like the Giants did last night.

So now that DJ is done for the year is he getting the start? Also I want to snag him but the only player I can waive is either DQ Jackson who hasnt done much or B. Pierce/K. Hunter but I hate to waive a RB for an IDP.

But like others have said once he gets playing he will be snagged quick

Briggs out 4-6 weeks

Is Bostic going to be a 3 down LBer?

To bad Bears are a Bye this week ... I need a pickup for Smith but don't have room for 2 guys on a bye

He should be the 3-down LB now. Big play ability is there. Forget what they say about not being able to cover very well.....he is adequate and will not surrender the MLB position for CHI for he next couple of years. He will showcase himself now for his 3-down status. Get now before he plays just 1 game!

Yeah, I'm pumped for this week's performance....I'm definitely thinking 9-10 solos, with either a sack, int, ff, or a couple PD....he's too fast not to make a big play week in and week out....with Briggs out, the show is his and only adds to his growth and experience.

Had this guy pegged to be the starter this season. Was met with a touch of resistance. He has a big opportunity here to seize the job for good with three down implications if he gains the necessary experince. So long DJ Williams. Hello Bostic!

he was never around the ball carrier :( , hopefully he'll review some tape and get it fixed. On the plus side teams are going to run at them all year long

Yeah, he got hung up on almost every run by first downfield blocker...definitely disappointed....I think not having Briggs out there to guide him had him shook

Another mediocre performance. What gives? This was supposed to be his coming out party. He has looked pedestrian. Does this kid have any upside? I'm finding myself less and less inclined to hold. The opportunity is there but he doesn't seem to be capitalizing. What are you seeing out there? Once Briggs returns, he will see fewer opportunities.

Users who are viewing this thread