What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jonathan Sanchez (1 Viewer)

9 IP, 0 hits allowed, 0 BB, 11 K's. Although he's surely happy throwing a no hitter, he's got to be pissed off at Uribe for blowing a perfect game.

Unforgiveable.

9 IP, 0 hits allowed, 0 BB, 11 K's. Although he's surely happy throwing a no hitter, he's got to be pissed off at Uribe for blowing a perfect game. Unforgiveable.
a no hitter is still pretty impressive considering he hasn't ever pitched a complete game as a professional. He was probably luckier that Kouzmanoff struck out on a ball that hit him than he was unlucky on the short hop on the grounder to Uribe.

His curveball was amazing. He set up a lot of batters with a good fastball, too. The shot to the wall with 1 out in the 9th was the closest call, but that kind of play happens in every no-hitter.

I had seats behind home at Busch last year and got to see this kid up close. He's legit. Obviously he's completely inconsistent, but the stuff is real.

randy johnson said in spring training he had the potential to be the best SP in the game. i can't believe i dropped him when he got booted from the rotation.

and from a worse standpoint, he was rumored to be traded to the pirates. guess that will not be happening now.

The Ghost of Common said:
How about Evreth Cabrera who tries to lay down a bunt with 2 outs in the 9th inning.Absolutely ridiculous
Looked like that was a decoy to draw the corner in. He was ready to swing away the rest of the AB.

Sanchez has a similar profile to Randy Johnson and Nolan Ryan early in their careers. Amazing, overpowering stuff, tons of K's, but no idea how to harness it. When he finally figures it out, watch out.

Users who are viewing this thread