What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Joseph Addai Owners (1 Viewer)

packersfan

Footballguy
Addai has been producing better of late but this looks like a nightmare matchup for him in Week 6. The Ravens have the No. 1 run defense in the league, allowing only 64 yards per game. They have not allowed a rushing touchdown so far this season. The most yards an opposing RB has gained against them so far this season is 56 by Jamal Lewis in Week 2. In every other game this season, they have held the opposing starting RB to under 45 yards rushing.

Meanwhile, Addai hasn't had a 100-yard game since Week 9 of last season and he's yet to top 80 yards rushing in a game this season. He's been a complete non-factor in the passing game with only five receptions. The good news is he's scoring TDs on a regular basis of late with four in his last three games.

This is shaping up to be a game which sees the Colts come out throwing and throwing and throwing. In years past, Addai would still be a very viable starter because of his role in the passing game. But given his lack of involvement there this season, there's no realistic reason to believe he'll be involved this week in that regard.

This appears to be a game which could see Addai rush for 40-45 yards and catch one pass and not score. Put those numbers on any RB not named Joseph Addai and you'd be laughed at for starting him most weeks. But since this is Joseph Addai and he was a first-round pick, his owners are forced to evaluate him differently.

Or will they? Are there any Addai owners sitting him this week? And if so, for who?

Started him with confidence against the toughest run D in the league (Minny), rewarded with 2 TDs.

Will do likewise on Sunday at home against the beatup Ravens D.

Forget 100, the guy hasnt even hit 80 yards in his last 13 games. The Ravens havnt allowed a 100 yard rusher in 22 games. The only way he sees duble digit FF points is if he scores a TD, and that is highly unlikely. I wouldnt start him unless i had absolutely no other options.

Forget 100, the guy hasnt even hit 80 yards in his last 13 games. The Ravens havnt allowed a 100 yard rusher in 22 games. The only way he sees duble digit FF points is if he scores a TD, and that is highly unlikely. I wouldnt start him unless i had absolutely no other options.
That's where I'm at. I don't have any other options this week with Johnson on a bye. I'll start him and hope for the best though I fear the worst (40 rushing yards/1 catch/0 TDs). I wish I was seeing some indication he was involved in the passing game. At least that way, there would be a chance he could get 4-5 receptions and put up some quality receiving numbers. But Manning isn't bothering to throw to him and there's no reason to believe that's going to change this week - unfortunately for Addai owners.

Yes I am benching him, but I also own Reggie Bush, Matt Forte, Chris Johnson, and Steve Slaton in the one PPR league in which I own him. It's really all about who else you have.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I am benching him, but I also own Reggie Bush, Matt Forte, Chris Johnson, and Steve Slaton in the one PPR league in which I own him.
I'm surprised Addai gets off your bench most weeks given all of that talent. That's an impressive collection of RBs. Nicely done.

I'm starting him but I don't like it. He has been a bust IMO. Doesn't run for yardage. Doesn't get Receptions. But his schedule does soften later in the year so his numbers will look decent but I've stuggled with him. If I had better options(I have Run DMC or Deangelo) I'd sit him this week.

I'm sitting him this week. My other options are Turner, Portis, & T. Jones. Right now I'm leaning toward Portis & Jones due to matchups.

I'm probably sitting him but I also have Ronnie Brown, McGahee, and Grant. I'm sure I will make the wrong choice.

starting him this week.. i have no expecations of him rushing for 100 yards in this game (or any other for that matter) but i think he always has a good shot at scoring

Even if I had more depth at RB, I would still start Addai over a great handful of players, week in and week out.

Look at what Adrian Peterson did on Monday Night against New Orleans defense. How about Larry Johnson against the Panthers? What happened to Earnest Graham against the awesome Broncos run defense? What happened to Matt Forte against the pitiful Lions? Marion Barber only averaged 3.6 ypc against the Bengals and he was given the ball 23 times this week! Ryan Grant has yet to crack 100 yards this year, also, and he has not even scored a touchdown yet. Maurice Jones Drew? Please. He has had one game over 35 yards.

The Colts will move the ball against the Ravens because Peyton Manning is much different than Kerry Collins, and I am pretty sure Reggie Wayne and Dallas Clark are a step up from Justin Gage and Bo Scaife. Indy's run game will be more productive against the Ravens because Peyton will make the pass game work.

I traded away a McFadden after Week 3 to a desparate 0-3 Addai owner.

I'm starting Addai, regardless.

I dont care if he hits the century mark on the ground. Against a team like BAL, IND will beat them through the air, part of that being Addai out of the backfield. Last year he had 32/2 + 49/1 against them. 81 yds and 3 TDs? I'll take that ANY day of the week from my RB1, and laugh my way to the fantasy bank.

I believe IND will start hitting stride sooner than later. They have shown flashes of it so far - the consistency will come.

I believe IND will start hitting stride sooner than later. They have shown flashes of it so far - the consistency will come.
I agree. It is Indy we are talking about and they still have Peyton Manning under center. Things will come together.

Benching him in all (2-3) leagues but I have decent options with good matchups. I hope he does well even on my bench as he has not lived up to my expectations. I thought he would be a 60-30 man on a bad week making him golden when he scored a TD.

I think benching him in ppr is a mistake, I could see a lot of check downs coming his way via the Rat Birds violent pass rush. NonPPR? If you have a good alternative, go for it. I'm starting J Stew over him in my nonPPR but that league accounts for return yardage too.

Last year Addai has 3 TD's vs Balt

He also only had 13 carries for 32 yards and 3 catches for 49 yards. The Colts won 44-20 so they moved the ball through the air, and Addai got some TD's because of it. If the Indy passing offense struggles though you may very well end up with 5-6 points from him

Will bench him for week 6..but hoping a trade I'm working on will go through by Saturday.

Addai and Antonio Bryant- for - Slanton and Desean Jackson.

I don't think Indy OL too good this year.

Will bench him for week 6..but hoping a trade I'm working on will go through by Saturday.Addai and Antonio Bryant- for - Slanton and Desean Jackson.I don't think Indy OL too good this year.
oof
Saw your replies in a lot of threads, do you ever reply to the OP's question besides other posters in a thread andoof ?
Obviously you didnt look hard enough. Exhibit A: Check this thread.

Will bench him for week 6..but hoping a trade I'm working on will go through by Saturday.Addai and Antonio Bryant- for - Slanton and Desean Jackson.I don't think Indy OL too good this year.
oof
Saw your replies in a lot of threads, do you ever reply to the OP's question besides other posters in a thread andoof ?
Yes I did miss it..my bad.Besides I said I'm benching Addai for week six..I did put what I was going to do with him..nobody knowns my record or who is on my team..so the oof is not needed.But your oof replies should stop..saw them quite a bit..some topic's need input not just smart butt replies to another poster.

Will bench him for week 6..but hoping a trade I'm working on will go through by Saturday.

oof
Yes I did miss it..my bad.Besides I said I'm benching Addai for week six..I did put what I was going to do with him..nobody knowns my record or who is on my team..so the oof is not needed.

But your oof replies should stop..saw them quite a bit..some topic's need input not just smart butt replies to another poster.
:confused: I really doubt I did this more than twice since posting

blackjack23 said:
hellz_fireflies said:
blackjack23 said:
hellz_fireflies said:

oof
Yes I did miss it..my bad.Besides I said I'm benching Addai for week six..I did put what I was going to do with him..nobody knowns my record or who is on my team..so the oof is not needed.

But your oof replies should stop..saw them quite a bit..some topic's need input not just smart butt replies to another poster.
:goodposting: I really doubt I did this more than twice since posting this week
I just happened to be the other one :thumbup: As for me, I'm either starting him or trading him for Jamal Lewis and Desean Jackson. I really don't like Jamal and feel like Desean is on the way down with Curtis coming back so I'm probably going to end up starting him.

The one thing that will be key to Addai's production will be receiving the ball out of the backfield which he hasn't really been a part of. My thoughts are that Indy takes a real good look at what worked for them previously and get him the ball via the air as an extended hand off.

He may not score, but I still expect around 90 yards in total offense. I am starting him with confidence.

Users who are viewing this thread