What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Joseph Addai - Questionable (1 Viewer)

I wish this guy would sit today and rest for his matchup next week. This playing while you're dinged, getting pulled in the 2nd quarter crap is getting old!

No news here. I am sitting Addai and starting Rhodes instead. I think that even if Addai starts, Rhodes will get the majority of the workload as the Colts should win this game handily and not need to play Addai, especially in the 2nd half. I see Rhoades rushing 16-18/85/1 & receiving 3-4/35/1.

If the above happens which I think it will, Rhoades makes a very solid RB 1 today. We shall see.

Islander

I've got Rhodes starting over Portis ... I may change my mind in the last minute a make the wrong decision (as usual). Hoping for Addai sitting out as well and resting up for next week.

CBS Sportsline no longer lists him as injured. They posted:

Addai missed a few games earlier this season with a hamstring ailment, but has managed to suit up for the last five games and this injury shouldn't affect his numbers. He passes as a viable No. 1 Fantasy RB against a suspect Bengals defense.

What does that mean though? Is he going to get the workload? I wish they would tell me how well he is feeling or how much he intends to play.

man it's difficult to put him on the pine for this cake match-up. I'm considering starting him in one and benching him in another to kind of cover my ***....

MisfitBlondes said:
What does that mean though? Is he going to get the workload? I wish they would tell me how well he is feeling or how much he intends to play.
I'm pretty sure he's aloof after a good night's sleep. He said he felt gassy after breakfast but that he should be fine by game time. He apologizes for not having someone tell you how he felt this morning but he'll make it up to you next week.
How much protein intake did he have with breakfast. Is he a sausage and eggs guy or a belgian waffle man?

Im not starting him but please stay healthy for the next 2 weeks Joseph. His 2 matchups after this week are even juicier. Cincy's defense isnt as horrible as in the past.

ESPN has him upgraded to Probable

I have to decide between Addai and Rhodes. Not sure which way to go.

ESPN has him upgraded to ProbableI have to decide between Addai and Rhodes. Not sure which way to go.
playing both here and hoping for a blowout.
Choosing between Lendale, Hightower and Rhodes. I've got White and Hightower in now, with pretty decent matchups. Going to keep it that way, I think.If Addai hadn't been upgraded, it would have been a tougher choice.

ESPN has him upgraded to ProbableI have to decide between Addai and Rhodes. Not sure which way to go.
playing both here and hoping for a blowout.
Choosing between Lendale, Hightower and Rhodes. I've got White and Hightower in now, with pretty decent matchups. Going to keep it that way, I think.If Addai hadn't been upgraded, it would have been a tougher choice.
My decision is tougher... Rhodes or Bryant at flex. Despite Addai's upgrade, I'm still leaning Rhodes.

You play the guy whos starting no question.
I agree, which is why I'm starting Addai over Rhodes ... well, that and the fact that Rhodes hasn't scored a TD since week 7 and Addai is averaging nearly 4.5 ypc carry the last three weeks. Had Addai stayed at questionable I'd probably go with Rhodes or Pierre Thomas.

You play the guy whos starting no question.
I agree, which is why I'm starting Addai over Rhodes ... well, that and the fact that Rhodes hasn't scored a TD since week 7 and Addai is averaging nearly 4.5 ypc carry the last three weeks. Had Addai stayed at questionable I'd probably go with Rhodes or Pierre Thomas.
Actually Rhodes scored acouple weeks ago on a reception when they had him in inside the 10 for 4 straight plays.That said, I'm starting Addai, not Rhodes.

At this point with all the facts v. rumor/speculation/panic, I'm just going to start Vinatieri as a K2 with my boy Garrett and forsake both Addai and Rhodes and my RB2 position this week. It's just too hard a decision, and my mental state is compromised. This Colt, my friends, represents the best shot at points this week vs. all of them. done :football:

Last edited by a moderator:
what was the injury? Sportsline said it was a knee, but does anyone know more details?

I have a capable replacement for Addai in Bush (non ppr league), but had my mind set on Addai all week. I hate to second guess this close to the wire, but am concerned he starts and then doesn't finish. Any info on what was wrong with the knee?

what was the injury? Sportsline said it was a knee, but does anyone know more details?
Please find a different thread for injury discussion. This thread is only for Addai/Rhodes owners to update us on their fascinating roster decisions.

wow, I think Addai is already injured. Just made a catch, ran to the sideline and took his helmet off with bad body language

glad I benched him 1 league, but went with him in another in case something like this happened.

Last edited by a moderator:
i wonder if he'll even play against the lie-downs... The colts don't need him - might as well sit his #### and get completely healthy.

Users who are viewing this thread