What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Joseph Addai - Questionable (1 Viewer)

Anyone have a good sense for what this means (Addai not starting but active)? In the case of a QB, if the normal starter suited up but didn't start, I would assume he was not healthy, but would play in a desperate, or emergency situation. Can we read the same thing into this, or is Dungy being principled in stating that he wont start a player who hasn't practiced all week, but plans to give him (Addai) close to a full load

mcnabbmcnow said:
I have Chris Johnson at Houston or Rhodes vs. the Lions, but Rhodes seems too risky with Addai suiting up.
Take that report with a grain of salt, as it is by John Czarnecki (The Czar) who is wrong more often then he is right. Local writers have been thinking Addai sits.That being said, it would be hard to bench Johnson vs the Texans anyway.

I think it means that Addai is suiting up because they don't have any other options should Rhodes get banged up. This should be an easy game but make no mistake, the Colts need to win! So suiting up Addai as a precautionary measure should Rhodes get banged up makes perfect sense to me.

The way I see it, the Colts go up big early and if Rhodes is playing well (which I fully expect) and he stays injury free, Addai might not see the field. Just standing there with his uniform on in case of emergency. They would be smart to do this and save him for the playoffs. Did somebody say playoffs!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it means that Addai is suiting up because they don't have any other options should Rhodes get banged up. This should be an easy game but make no mistake, the Colts need to win! So suiting up Addai as a precautionary measure should Rhodes get banged up makes perfect sense to me.

The way I see it, the Colts go up big early and if Rhodes is playing well (which I fully expect) and he stays injury free, Addai might not see the field. Just standing there with his uniform on in case of emergency. They would be smart to do this and save him for the playoffs. Did somebody say playoffs!
That is a great point. All they have is dooky who has been cramming the playbook all week. The biggest thing is he needs to know the blocking schemes to keep Manning upright. Addai, might be available to do some blocking for Manning without toting the rock all that much....

I think it means that Addai is suiting up because they don't have any other options should Rhodes get banged up. This should be an easy game but make no mistake, the Colts need to win! So suiting up Addai as a precautionary measure should Rhodes get banged up makes perfect sense to me. The way I see it, the Colts go up big early and if Rhodes is playing well (which I fully expect) and he stays injury free, Addai might not see the field. Just standing there with his uniform on in case of emergency. They would be smart to do this and save him for the playoffs. Did somebody say playoffs!
The signing of Davenport this week would allow the Colts to sit Addai and still have another viable option. My guess would be if he suits up, it is to see the field. If they don't want to use him at all, I doubt he suits up. They know they can win this week without him. Same goes for Bob Sanders.

my GUESS is that the colts don't want to play adaii and he'll only play if rhodes gets hurt and it is still a close game.

i'm almost definitely starting rhodes, and he could be a great play this week, but it wouldn't shock me if they didn't give him a real heavy load to reduce the risk of injury since adaii is already banged up unless it is a close game, but it is the lions we're talking about.

I think it means that Addai is suiting up because they don't have any other options should Rhodes get banged up. This should be an easy game but make no mistake, the Colts need to win! So suiting up Addai as a precautionary measure should Rhodes get banged up makes perfect sense to me. The way I see it, the Colts go up big early and if Rhodes is playing well (which I fully expect) and he stays injury free, Addai might not see the field. Just standing there with his uniform on in case of emergency. They would be smart to do this and save him for the playoffs. Did somebody say playoffs!
The signing of Davenport this week would allow the Colts to sit Addai and still have another viable option. My guess would be if he suits up, it is to see the field. If they don't want to use him at all, I doubt he suits up. They know they can win this week without him. Same goes for Bob Sanders.
Teams suit up players all the time and don't play them. Look at what Baltimore did 2 weeks ago. McGahee was suited up and ready to go but sat on the ssidelines and didn't see the field once. Just b/c a player is suiting up doessn't mean they are playing.

Ok, doing it. Putting in Rhodes over Derrick Ward in a TD heavy league :crossesfingers:

I think the poster who mentioned keeping Addai active in case something happens to Rhodes is spot on. They don't want to have to play Addai, but Manning's health is a concern too if you have a bunch of guys who don't know the blocking schemes. My guess is Rhodes goes for 20/88 yds/1 Td today.

Teams suit up players all the time and don't play them. Look at what Baltimore did 2 weeks ago. McGahee was suited up and ready to go but sat on the ssidelines and didn't see the field once. Just b/c a player is suiting up doessn't mean they are playing.
I don't disagree. But were the Ravens as heavily favored to beat a winless team as the Colts are this week? The Colts don't need Addai this week, and I don't think they'll activate him. As I said though, that's just my guess. We'll know for sure soon.

just heard on ESPN that Davenport is the teams number 2 back for the game. I think this means we won't see Addai. Plus, if he's hurt at all they'd be idiots to play him against the lions.

just heard on ESPN that Davenport is the teams number 2 back for the game. I think this means we won't see Addai. Plus, if he's hurt at all they'd be idiots to play him against the lions.
you may be right, but the "number two" reference was a Berman joke about Davenport's dumping history... nothing official yet

you may be right, but the "number two" reference was a Berman joke about Davenport's dumping history... nothing official yet
I saw Berman say that about Davenport, but it took your post for me to "get it." lol. Thanks for opening my eyes.

I saw Berman say that about Davenport, but it took your post for me to "get it." lol. Thanks for opening my eyes.
a few weeks ago berman said something like this, "the steelers made a roster move this week........they dumped najeh davenport." i chuckled.

I assume Chad Simpson is healthy enough to be #2? There's no doubt in my mind that the #2 RB in Indy will get a lot of carries today. Maybe as many as 15. The game will probably be a blowout by halftime, and the #2 will dominate the carries in the 2nd half.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread