What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Joseph Randle cut and suspended for four games (1 Viewer)

Waived this bozo just now for another defense, and I'm a Murray owner. Writing is on the wall. He gone.

EDIT:

Once Randle is out of the picture, I would envision the Dallas RB situation would become an RBBC if Murray is out for any length of time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dropping guys for being stupid, is in itself, stupid. Particularly in dynasty. Keep thinking your team is real though. I'm sure dropping his ### will teach him never to steal underwear again. Dallas has thought highly of Randle for awhile and stating Ryan Williams looked good is hyperbole. If they wanted Randle gone he could easily be gone right now. He's on a 5th round rookie contract. I can't believe how fickle the public outcry becomes when players do something stupid. Michael Irvin did hills of blow like he was Scrooge McDuck in the 90's, Jerry being the disciplinarian he is, cut him pretty quickly.

Dropping guys for being stupid, is in itself, stupid. Particularly in dynasty. Keep thinking your team is real though. I'm sure dropping his ### will teach him never to steal underwear again. Dallas has thought highly of Randle for awhile and stating Ryan Williams looked good is hyperbole. If they wanted Randle gone he could easily be gone right now. He's on a 5th round rookie contract. I can't believe how fickle the public outcry becomes when players do something stupid. Michael Irvin did hills of blow like he was Scrooge McDuck in the 90's, Jerry being the disciplinarian he is, cut him pretty quickly.
From what Ive read of the situation, most of the talk is coming from the locker room and not the public. I dont care about him calling out his fellow players in the jail house but it sure sounds like his teammates do.

From what Ive read of the situation, most of the talk is coming from the locker room and not the public. I dont care about him calling out his fellow players in the jail house but it sure sounds like his teammates do.
Of course his teammates are pissed and with good reason. He went full #######. If the FO or staff thought it was something that would dismantle them he would be gone. They have a quality, albeit situational, guy already in Dunbar and they have the formerly high potential Williams on the PS. I'm convinced he would be on the street already if they didn't think he was important in some way. His contract isn't fat and he is at a replaceable position at RB. Sometimes you have to look past the situation into what the team is doing and respond from there. The smart guys are going to go offer lowball deals for a guy who becomes instant top 12 if Murray goes down or walks next year.

Rotoworld:

DeMarco Murray - RB - Cowboys

The Dallas Morning News' Jon Machota believes Joseph Randle will be the Cowboys' starting running back in 2015.

The obvious implication of Machota's comments is he believes impending free agent DeMarco Murray will not be back with the team next season. Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said it would be a "challenge" to re-sign both Murray and Dez Bryant on Thursday, and given the choice Dallas will almost certainly pick Bryant. An aging running back with a long list of injuries, Murray should be after as much guaranteed money as possible this offseason.

Related: Joseph Randle

Source: Dallas Morning News

Jan 17 - 10:12 AM

Rotoworld:

Bryan Broaddus of the Cowboys' official website does not believe the team's 2015 starting running back is on the roster right now.

In other words, Broaddus believes that DeMarco Murray will walk in free agency and Joseph Randle/Lance Dunbar won't be handed the gig. Perhaps that's because of a strong 2015 running back draft class, headed by Melvin Gordon and Todd Gurley. Or maybe Jerry Jones will make a play for Texas native Adrian Peterson. Murray's 2015 landing spot is obviously one of the biggest dominoes fantasy owners should be tracking come March.

Jan 13 - 9:42 AM

Source: Bryan Broaddus on Twitter

Rotoworld:

Joseph Randle - RB - Cowboys

According to ESPN Dallas, there are people within the Cowboys who believe Joseph Randle can be a 1,400-yard rusher.

Those people are likely sharing a drink with Jerry Jones, who always looks at his players with rose-colored glasses. Randle is a decent back who averaged a whopping 6.73 YPC on his 51 carries in 2014, but he's nowhere near DeMarco Murray's skill level. There are also questions about Randle as a receiver and in pass pro. Still, he's a name to monitor closely (along with Ryan Williams and Lance Dunbar) as we wait to see if DeMarco bolts in free agency.

Source: ESPN.com

Jan 27 - 12:39 PM

Rotoworld:

The Dallas Morning News' Jon Machota believes Joseph Randle will be the Cowboys' starting running back in 2015.

The obvious implication of Machota's comments is he believes impending free agent DeMarco Murray will not be back with the team next season. Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said it would be a "challenge" to re-sign both Murray and Dez Bryant on Thursday, and given the choice Dallas will almost certainly pick Bryant. An aging running back with a long list of injuries, Murray should be after as much guaranteed money as possible this offseason.

Randle would have to beat out some quality competition to start week 1 (and wouldn't get the 3rd down work). He got more than 5 carries once (in a blowout) despite Murray's fumbling and injury issues. No chance they trust him to start today.

ETA: 2 games with 5+ carries: IND, JAX

Rotoworld:

Randle would have to beat out some quality competition to start week 1 (and wouldn't get the 3rd down work). He got more than 5 carries once (in a blowout) despite Murray's fumbling and injury issues. No chance they trust him to start today.

ETA: 2 games with 5+ carries: IND, JAX
What quality competition? You are assuming Dallas allocates significant $ or high draft pick to RB.

What quality competition? You are assuming Dallas allocates significant $ or high draft pick to RB.
Certainly. They're going to go into the season with a guy they trust to start--Murray, a FA like Ingram or AP, or a top 90 draft pick.

Certainly. They're going to go into the season with a guy they trust to start--Murray, a FA like Ingram or AP, or a top 90 draft pick.
Since I have Randle as a handcuff to Murray, I'd love to get two starting RBs out of Murray leaving in free agency, but I don't see that happening.

Since I have Randle as a handcuff to Murray, I'd love to get two starting RBs out of Murray leaving in free agency, but I don't see that happening.
Agree. They're not going from Murray to a former 5th round pick with 105 career carries, off the field concerns, and locker room issues, whom they didn't trust on 3rd down.

Yes, it's hard for me to believe they go with Randle as the clear #1 guy. But in order for that not to happen one of two things have to happen.

1) They have to spend significant money on the position...which due to their seeming reluctance is why we are talking about this to begin with. So are Murray, AP, Ingram really options? Or Matthews, Ridley type of options, which are guys that Randle can possibly beat.

2) Draft pick. This seems more likely, but a big difference if it is a 3rd round guy vs Gurley/Gordon.

He's going to have competition, but I think there is a good chance, call it 50/50, that it is a player that he can actually compete against.

Jerry just witnessed a team that by all accounts could have and should have been playing Seattle for a shot to go to the SB. A very good shot too. There is no doubt in my mind he keeps the Offense intact and bolsters the defense in the draft. That means Murray tagged and Dez signed to a long term deal. All the key players will be resigned. There is no chance, NO CHANCE, Randle is the starter come week one. Garrett only plays the guys he can trust and it takes some time for him to see what he needs to. Jerry sees a SB run next year with the guys he's got. With Lee coming back and a good draft for depth, the Cowboys are set to make a real go at it. Playing a 1st place schedule means he will need all hands on deck to insure a good run. He's not about to make changes from what worked. Like I have said many times before, Jerry finds a way to keep guys he wants and prove to be solid Cowboys. Sometimes to a fault. Murray is a Cowboy. Randle is a question mark with serious character issues, which is one thing you can't have and be a dependable starting RB in this league. No chance Randle is put in that situation next year.

Why mess with a good thing. If it ain't broke! The defense could certainly use the help but the offense is one of the best in the league and Jerry has seen what a good running game can do. In order to beat Seattle you need a beast mode of your own. We have that and if it's not Murray it will be AP. One or the other. You can bet the house on that.

Jerry just witnessed a team that by all accounts could have and should have been playing Seattle for a shot to go to the SB. A very good shot too. There is no doubt in my mind he keeps the Offense in tacked and bolsters the defense in the draft. That means Murray tagged and Dez signed to a long term deal. All the key players will be resigned. There is no chance, NO CHANCE, Randle is the starter come week one. Garrett only plays the guys he can trust and it takes some time for him to see what he needs to. Jerry sees a SB run next year with the guys he's got. With Lee coming back and a good draft for depth, the Cowboys are set to make a real go at it. Playing a 1st place schedule means he will need all hands on deck to insure a good run. He's not about to make changes from what worked. Like I have said many times before, Jerry finds a way to keep guys he wants and prove to be solid Cowboys. Sometimes to a fault. Murray is a Cowboy. Randle is a question mark with serious character issues, which is one thing you can't have and be a dependable starting RB in this league. No chance Randle is put in that situation next year.

Why mess with a good thing. If it ain't broke! The defense could certainly use to help but the offense is one of the best in the league and Jerry has seen what a good running game can do. In order to beat Seattle you need a beast mode of your own. We have that and if it's not Murray it will be AP. One or the other. You can bet the house on that.
tact

Like I have said many times before, Jerry finds a way to keep guys he wants and prove to be solid Cowboys. Sometimes to a fault.
I disagree with this. Ware, Ratliff, Spears, Canty, Flozell, Davis, Columbo, Gurode, Burnett, Barber....etc.

If they do keep Murray, I hope you're right and that they tag him, rather than sign him to a long-term deal.

Like I have said many times before, Jerry finds a way to keep guys he wants and prove to be solid Cowboys. Sometimes to a fault.
I disagree with this. Ware, Ratliff, Spears, Canty, Flozell, Davis, Columbo, Gurode, Burnett, Barber....etc.

If they do keep Murray, I hope you're right and that they tag him, rather than sign him to a long-term deal.
None of those other then Ware fit the criteria. Ware left to chase a ring, but hindsight being 20/20, he may have had a better shot if he stayed. Dallas is desperate for a pass rush and IMHO, is the only sever weakness this team has.

Ware=tired, Ratliff=Problems not a Cowboy, Spear=Just Ok, Canty= LOL, Flozell=tired, Davis=LOL, Columbo=Knee broken down, still on staff now, Gurode=Average, Burnett=Average, Barber=done.

All good moves IMO. Some of these guys were kept to a fault, Barber for example. So you made my point for me.

I seriously doubt they sign Murray to a long term deal because of his work load this season and would like to see if that was a fluke. Tagging him would be the best thing to do here because they get another year to get someone else ready and they get to run him again for another year.

Ware=tired, Ratliff=Problems not a Cowboy, Spear=Just Ok, Canty= LOL, Flozell=tired, Davis=LOL, Columbo=Knee broken down, still on staff now, Gurode=Average, Burnett=Average, Barber=done.
Who is he keeping, then? The roster has been completely turned over--save Tony and Jason.

loose circuits said:
That should do it for this moron.

This is the same guy that got busted for shoplifting. "I'm just trying to take full responsibility and really just move on from it," he said. "It's the biggest mistake I've ever made in my life. ... I've never been in any kind of trouble in my whole life. This is just something I have to learn from and move forward.''

Guess what, loser. You topped yourself.

loose circuits said:
:lmao: OP: please change "underrated" in the thread title to "unintelligent". Kthx.

I bet Murray's agent popped a bottle of Dom last night when he heard this news.
Why? Why would Murray's agent care about Joseph Randle? The Cowboys feel they can't sign both Bryant and Murray for what they will be asking for and in a RB rich draft, I'm pretty sure they don't care that much about Joseph Randle. Not to mention they are sweet on Ryan Williams, or so they say.

I always believe that if the Boys let DeMarco walk it will cost them at least three wins. What Murray provided last year was a toughness that had been lacking. He was amazing.

I thought it would be a big mistake to let Murray walk and go with Randle. The stat guys went gaa-gaa but what Murray brings is something special.

Now this Joe Randle guy is being a flake off the field and the Boys are STILL contemplating letting Murray walk?

Seriously?

How do Cowboy fans feel about this subject?

This moron doesn't think it makes any difference and that the Boys should just let Murray walk.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas-cowboys/post/_/id/4740312/why-randles-arrest-wont-affect-demarco-murray-talks?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Why Randle's arrest won't affect DeMarco Murray talks

IRVING, Texas -- Among the fallout from Joseph Randle’s arrest on Tuesday in Wichita, Kansas, was how it affected the DeMarco Murray negotiations.

According to some Twitter posts and comments in the story, Randle’s transgression certainly gives Murray a lot more leverage in his talks for a mega-contract.

To me, Randle’s arrest does not affect the team’s negotiations with Murray.

The Cowboys have been pretty clear with their financial planning within the last year. They will not over-extend themselves contractually like they may have done with certain players in the past. The exception to the rule is the quarterback and will always be the quarterback. Teams have to pay a premium for a quarterback.

Aside from Tony Romo’s deal, the Cowboys have done nothing but “team friendly” deals in the last few years. Even Tyron Smith’s $100 million extension was deemed “team friendly” because it included “only” $40 million in guaranteed money. And, yes, only is in quotations because how can anybody sniff at $40 million.

I might be proven wrong in March when the market opens, but I think the days of the Cowboys ponying up $50 million in free agency to a player they don’t know, like Brandon Carr, are over.

The Cowboys will have a certain threshold they will not go above to retain Murray, who led the NFL in rushing with 1,845 yards in 2014 and was named the Offensive Player of the Year.

What that threshold is is anybody's guess at this point. The most important number will be the guaranteed money over the first three years. Any team can stretch out a contract for whatever length they want to make a deal look a lot better than it really is. Do the Cowboys go to $18 million guaranteed in the first three years, $20 million, $22 million?

The fact that Randle was arrested won’t change the Cowboys’ plan with Murray. They have shown more of a willingness to stand strong in negotiations. There is a reason why Dez Bryant doesn’t have a deal yet and will in all likelihood be given the franchise tag in March.

So let’s say Murray signs elsewhere. The Cowboys wouldn’t go into the season with just Randle, Lance Dunbar and Ryan Williams as their top runners. As nice a job as Randle did in 51 carries last season, he’s never been a full-time back. Neither has Dunbar. And for what they think Williams could be, he’s still had 164 yards on 58 carries for his career.

Either through the draft or through free agency, the Cowboys would find a running back to replace Murray. They have plenty of options either way. In free agency, that player would be cheaper than whatever threshold they will set with Murray. In the draft, they will have him for the next four, five or six years at a cheaper price.

I always believe that if the Boys let DeMarco walk it will cost them at least three wins. What Murray provided last year was a toughness that had been lacking. He was amazing.

I thought it would be a big mistake to let Murray walk and go with Randle. The stat guys went gaa-gaa but what Murray brings is something special.

Now this Joe Randle guy is being a flake off the field and the Boys are STILL contemplating letting Murray walk?

Seriously?

How do Cowboy fans feel about this subject?

This moron doesn't think it makes any difference and that the Boys should just let Murray walk.
DeMarco is 27 in a week, probably coming into his prime. He just made it through his first 16 game season in his career and still broke his hand and was still in danger of missing time.

The Cowboys running success this year was as much about their offensive line as DeMarco... I believe even more. Watching that GB playoff game the Boys just had their way at the line of scrimmage. With that said, I don't think DeMarco is going to have as much leverage in these talks as he thinks because of his amazing year. He may be signed a lot cheaper than most people think.

Most mocks have some serious talent falling in the late first round, at least Gurley or Gordon fall past the 20th... and when you look at the last few years of drafts, great RB prospects are falling to the second? 2013: Gio Bernard goes early 2nd, Le'Veon goes mid 2nd, M.Ball goes late 2nd, Lacy goes late 2nd... 2014: Sankey, Hill, Hyde go late 2nd... Crowell isn't even drafted?

Then there's the market. Chris Johnson got (roughly) $4MM per year last year to move to NYJ. Ben Tate got $3MM to become Cleveland's new starter last year. Granted neither of them had a Murray-esque FA-to-be season. The Saints essentially told Ingram "we're gonna let you walk after this year." Who is going to step up and give Murray a big contract?

I mean in the last two years the only meaningful RB move was Indy sacrificing a 1st rounder to trade for Trent Richardson, something they regret.

I'm not an expert on Dallas cap situation but I know the owner is always up against the wall with it. If they do lose three more games next year it won't be because of Murray. It will be because of Tony Romo getting hurt. If I were the Boys I'd be a lot more concerned with a viable backup QB than Murray.

:lmao: OP: please change "underrated" in the thread title to "unintelligent". Kthx.

Why? Why would Murray's agent care about Joseph Randle? The Cowboys feel they can't sign both Bryant and Murray for what they will be asking for and in a RB rich draft, I'm pretty sure they don't care that much about Joseph Randle. Not to mention they are sweet on Ryan Williams, or so they say.
If the Boys have to choose between retaining Dez and Murray, and they opt for Dez ... you've got to think that part of the reason why is that they'd believe Randle could pick up the slack.

If the guy you want to plug in can't make it one month into the offseason without getting busted for being a moron ... again ... well, it kinda knocks a leg off the stool of that premise, wouldn't you say?

If the Boys have to choose between retaining Dez and Murray, and they opt for Dez ... you've got to think that part of the reason why is that they'd believe Randle could pick up the slack.

If the guy you want to plug in can't make it one month into the offseason without getting busted for being a moron ... again ... well, it kinda knocks a leg off the stool of that premise, wouldn't you say?

Definitely not. You can replace backs, you can't replace top 5 wrs. Randle has nothing to do with it.

voiceofunreason said:
Definitely not. You can replace backs, you can't replace top 5 wrs. Randle has nothing to do with it.
If the decision is as cut-and-dried as you suggest ... why haven't the Boys given Dez that fat contract extension already?

I don't think it was a coincidence that Dallas won its first divisional title the same year that RB DeMarco Murray broke the franchise rushing record and walked off with numerous NFL awards.

His coach even says he established the identity of the team. A team that many felt would have the worst defense in the league due to many injuries.

Having a solid ground attack really helps out a defense. A dependable and tough ground attack helps a coach manage the clock and field position. Don't forget how close this team came to reaching the Super Bowl.

I honestly feel DeMarco Murray was the key to why the entire team played so well this past year.

It would be a mistake to let him walk just to save some cap. IMHO the biggest bang for the Cowboy's cap dollar this offseason would be to resign DeMarco Murray.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dallas-cowboys/headlines/20150205-sabin-joseph-randle-s-latest-troubles-underscore-demarco-murray-s-value-to-cowboys.ece

Sabin: Joseph Randle's latest troubles underscore DeMarco Murray's value to Cowboys

...On Saturday, Murray, an unrestricted free agent, was named The Associated Press’ NFL Offensive Player of the Year, the latest accolade the free agent running back garnered after winning the league’s rushing title and being selected first-team All-Pro.

The award was tantamount to a clarion call demanding others to recognize Murray’s value to his own team. After all, he was honored instead of Tony Romo, the quarterback who played better than he ever had during a season when Dallas far exceeded expectations by claiming its first NFC East title since 2009.

Although Romo performed at an elite level, it was Murray who embodied the spirit of the Cowboys.

“In many ways, he established the identity of our football team,” Cowboys coach Jason Garrett. “I think that idea of his mind-set , his mentality, his demeanor, his toughness, I think that really, really helped.”

On the way to setting a franchise record with 1,845 rushing yards, Murray flashed those characteristics while never succumbing to the pitfalls of stardom. He bought his teammates gifts on several occasions to show his appreciation for the help they provided him and was nominated by the organization for the Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year Award back in December.

Murray’s status as a solid citizen contrasts sharply with the tainted reputation of his potential replacement — Joseph Randle. On Tuesday, Randle was arrested for unlawful possession of a controlled substance after police responded to a domestic violence call from his hotel room in Wichita, Kan.

It’s the latest episode to raise doubts about the dependability of Randle, Murray’s backup. In October, Randle was charged with misdemeanor theft after he allegedly shoplifted a bottle of cologne and a pack of underwear at a Dillard’s store in Frisco.

In the process of being booked then, Randle curiously mentioned the previous arrests of two teammates, Dez Bryant and Josh Brent, while openly wondering what consequences he would face in a rambling stream-of-consciousness monologue.

Shortly after Randle’s comments were aired on multiple local newscasts, Bryant was seen shouting at Randle in practice, causing tight end Jason Witten to intervene. Witten admonished the running back and order was restored.

But the friction caused many to speculate whether the Cowboys would rid themselves of Randle, a 2013 fifth-round pick. As it turned out, they fined him an undisclosed amount, and Randle finished the season averaging 6.73 yards per carry after appearing in every game.

Randle’s productivity in limited opportunities was encouraging but not enough to convince the Cowboys he would be able to handle a heavy workload in the event Murray left. Still, he was the team’s best internal fallback option.

Now, in light of what happened Tuesday, even the Cowboys’ most expedient contingency plan — with the 210-pound Randle at the center of it — looks dicey. Restricted free agent Lance Dunbar and practice squad member Ryan Williams, who hasn’t had a meaningful carry since 2012, are the only other running backs on the roster.

Both pale in comparison to Murray — a player who may not be a transcendent talent but is unquestionably a key cog in the Cowboys’ offense because of his reliability as a short-yardage runner, receiver and pass protector.

“He’s certainly a big, strong physical back,” Cowboys executive vice president Stephen Jones said last month in Mobile, Ala. “He does everything the right way. He represents the Cowboys not only incredibly on the field, but he’s a great guy off the field. He’s the type of player who we want in this organization.”

That view should have been reinforced by the events that transpired this past week. Days after Murray was honored for his achievements, the reputation of the man who could supplant him was besmirched yet again.

Garrett has repeatedly said he wants to populate the Cowboys’ roster with the right kind of guys. What happens in relation to Murray and Randle will show how committed the Cowboys are to realizing that vision.

I don't think it was a coincidence that Dallas won its first divisional title the same year that RB DeMarco Murray broke the franchise rushing record and walked off with numerous NFL awards.

His coach even says he established the identity of the team. A team that many felt would have the worst defense in the league due to many injuries.

Having a solid ground attack really helps out a defense. A dependable and tough ground attack helps a coach manage the clock and field position. Don't forget how close this team came to reaching the Super Bowl.

I honestly feel DeMarco Murray was the key to why the entire team played so well this past year.

It would be a mistake to let him walk just to save some cap. IMHO the biggest bang for the Cowboy's cap dollar this offseason would be to resign DeMarco Murray.
Their offensive line had more to do with Murray's great season than anything else.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2014/10/08/all-22-dallas-cowboys-offensive-line

Yes, a run game certainly helps the defense.

Even if the team gets the Dez catch and then scores from the one yard line, you're giving Aaron Rodgers 4 minutes and timeouts? Rodgers easily comes back against that defense and scores. They didn't come near as close as you think they did to the Super Bowl considering the Seahawks would have beat them also.

DeMarco Murray is no Adrian Peterson. He's not even a Marshawn Lynch. He's a system back who is constantly hurt. The Cowboys know this like the rest of the league does. If you're a dynasty Murray owner, sell high.

I like Murray. I think he's a very talented back but i don't think he's elite.

He doesn't have top end speed and fumbles at the worst times. He's had numerous plays over the past few years that should have been a breakaway TD but he got run down from behind.

Same as the play where his leg got broken. Murray was all alone for what should have been a TD and the defender ran him down.

I am by no means suggesting the Cowboys go with Randle and Williams but overpaying Murray isn't smart

Their offensive line had more to do with Murray's great season than anything else.

Even if the team gets the Dez catch and then scores from the one yard line, you're giving Aaron Rodgers 4 minutes and timeouts? Rodgers easily comes back against that defense and scores. They didn't come near as close as you think they did to the Super Bowl considering the Seahawks would have beat them also.

DeMarco Murray is no Adrian Peterson. He's not even a Marshawn Lynch. He's a system back who is constantly hurt. The Cowboys know this like the rest of the league does. If you're a dynasty Murray owner, sell high.
What does this paragraph have anything to do with your point about Murray? You shoulda stated that the game should have never come down to that Dez catch because the Cowboys would have dominated if Murray doesn't fumble and give Rodgers a short field.

The Cowboys are not scared of Seattle and beat them earlier in the year.

He doesn't have top end speed and fumbles at the worst times. He's had numerous plays over the past few years that should have been a breakaway TD but he got run down from behind.

Same as the play where his leg got broken. Murray was all alone for what should have been a TD and the defender ran him down.

I am by no means suggesting the Cowboys go with Randle and Williams but overpaying Murray isn't smart
I just think they can't afford to. An expensive RB is a luxury, at this point. You have to think Dallas' strategy is to re-sign Dez, lowering his cap number well below the franchise number, and get by with other backs behind a great O-line.

Didnt stop him from tearing up the league like he is elite. You are talking about speed and being ran down and none of that stopped his league leading production.. Tell me how many times he ran someone over or ran through them on his way to leading all the other elite backs in rushing.

Rotoworld:

Wichita (KS) police have dropped the marijuana charge against Joseph Randle, but are still investigating him on charges of domestic abuse.
The mother of Randle's child has accused him of verbally abusing her, waving a gun, threatening to shoot out her tires, and then punching out a window on her car. So he's not out of the woods. Randle's roster spot on the Cowboys does seem safe for the moment, but could become dicey if there's a conviction. The 23-year-old has been arrested twice in a four-month span.

Source: USA Today
Feb 6 - 3:13 PM

Murray will be sign by the Cowboys and will be our starting running back come week 1. Randle has proven to be unreliable and stupid. The only thing that matters now is they have a starting running back that they can trust to protect the most important player on the roster Tony Romo. He is not about to take a chance on a free blitzer coming up the middle and getting Romo hurt. That means you can't trust a rookie running back no matter how good he runs. You can't trust Dunbar because he's to small, you can't trust Ryan because he's unproven as a bell cow RB. Therefore, the only move they have to make is to Tag or sign Murray OR sign AP away from the Vikings. I don't see any other move that would keep them in the SB mix. It even makes more sense to keep Murray and this Offense intact so they can completely focus on defensive upgrades.

If there is one thing I know, Jerry always finds ways to keep players he wants that perform. I can't remember a player slipping away from him that he wanted over money. In fact, he has made more mistakes over keeping guys and overpaying than he has losing players to being outbid. Barber, Sense, maybe even Carr are examples of the latter. I don't recall him losing anyone over money and I don't see that happening here. Especially the way this team is set up for a run next year.

I'm laying the lumber on Murray being our starting tailback for the 2015 season.

Go Cowboys............

Rotoworld:

Wichita (KS) police have dropped the marijuana charge against Joseph Randle, but are still investigating him on charges of domestic abuse.
The mother of Randle's child has accused him of verbally abusing her, waving a gun, threatening to shoot out her tires, and then punching out a window on her car. So he's not out of the woods. Randle's roster spot on the Cowboys does seem safe for the moment, but could become dicey if there's a conviction. The 23-year-old has been arrested twice in a four-month span.

Randle is gone by camp. No room for him on a team full of Garrett's guys. In fact, they really have no choice but to cut ties with him if Garrett wants to keep credibility. He prides himself on having "The Right kind of guys that go about the business of football the right way". Randle has proven he doesn't fit the bill. It's been nice having a Cowboys squad that for the most part has very little in the way of bad media attention. Jerry learned another very valuable lesson this past year by listening to his coaches and staff by not drafting Manziel. That would have been a mess and set this team back a very very long way. Thankfully we dodged a bullet and thankfully we have a coach that has a good eye for talent and has assembled a solid staff of scouts. The last few drafts have been pretty solid. Best we have had since the JJ and Parcells years.

Didnt stop him from tearing up the league like he is elite. You are talking about speed and being ran down and none of that stopped his league leading production.. Tell me how many times he ran someone over or ran through them on his way to leading all the other elite backs in rushing.
Like I said, I like Murray a lot. He has very good vision and is a strong runner.

With that said , J. Charles would have put up 2,500 yards with that line.

That's elite.

Like I said, I like Murray a lot. He has very good vision and is a strong runner.

With that said , J. Charles would have put up 2,500 yards with that line.

That's elite.
Donny, you're out of your element.

cowboyz1 said:
Murray will be sign by the Cowboys and will be our starting running back come week 1. Randle has proven to be unreliable and stupid. The only thing that matters now is they have a starting running back that they can trust to protect the most important player on the roster Tony Romo. He is not about to take a chance on a free blitzer coming up the middle and getting Romo hurt. That means you can't trust a rookie running back no matter how good he runs. You can't trust Dunbar because he's to small, you can't trust Ryan because he's unproven as a bell cow RB. Therefore, the only move they have to make is to Tag or sign Murray OR sign AP away from the Vikings. I don't see any other move that would keep them in the SB mix. It even makes more sense to keep Murray and this Offense intact so they can completely focus on defensive upgrades.

If there is one thing I know, Jerry always finds ways to keep players he wants that perform. I can't remember a player slipping away from him that he wanted over money. In fact, he has made more mistakes over keeping guys and overpaying than he has losing players to being outbid. Barber, Sense, maybe even Carr are examples of the latter. I don't recall him losing anyone over money and I don't see that happening here. Especially the way this team is set up for a run next year.

I'm laying the lumber on Murray being our starting tailback for the 2015 season.

Go Cowboys............
This is the take-away.

I have had a feeling all along that Jerry wants Murray and that both sides have been posturing in the press.

In the end I think they will hammer out a some sort of a deal.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/12290192/ex-girlfriend-dallas-cowboys-running-back-joseph-randle-given-temporary-protective-order-alleging-abuse

IRVING, Texas -- The ex-girlfriend of Dallas Cowboys running back Joseph Randle has been granted a temporary protective order against him after saying in court papers that Randle threatened to "blast" a vehicle with their son inside after pointing a gun at her friend.

Dalia Jacobs, the mother of his two children, wrote in a request filed Wednesday in district court in Wichita, Kansas, that Randle smashed the windshield of the car with his fist, "causing glass to shatter across my friend and my child" during an altercation outside a Wichita hotel. Jacobs also claimed that Randle has a "history of being both physically and emotionally abusive towards me."

"I am frightened he may do something to harm me and my child," Jacobs wrote in her request for the protective order.

A gun was not found on the scene, but police are continuing an investigation into the accusation.

The incident occurred the same night Randle was arrested on suspicion of marijuana possession. The drug charge against Randle was dropped Friday because of inconsistencies, according to police spokesman Lt. James Espinoza, though other charges are possible. Espinoza said dropping the drug charge allows them to present any other charges that result from the ongoing investigation to prosecutors at one time.

If Randle is charged with domestic violence, he would be subject to a six-game suspension under the NFL's new conduct policy. A second domestic violence offense would lead to a lifetime ban.

Randle's agent and the Cowboys both had no comment Friday.

In October, Randle was arrested at a Frisco, Texas, mall for attempting to steal Polo underwear and a tester bottle of Gucci cologne. Randle made matters worse with inappropriate comments in the jailhouse toward a female employee as well as disparaging comments about previous arrests of teammates Dez Bryant andJosh Brent. The Cowboys fined Randle an undisclosed amount, and he apologized.

Randle, who has two years remaining on his four-year, $2.3 million rookie contract, is in position to see his playing time increase if DeMarco Murray, who is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent, doesn't re-sign.

Randle, a fifth-round draft pick in 2013, carried the ball 51 times for 343 yards and had three touchdowns last season.
Well, if Murray doesn't re-sign, he certainly can't blame Randle.

What does this paragraph have anything to do with your point about Murray? You shoulda stated that the game should have never come down to that Dez catch because the Cowboys would have dominated if Murray doesn't fumble and give Rodgers a short field.

The Cowboys are not scared of Seattle and beat them earlier in the year.
If you go ahead and read what I'm responding to, you'll find your answer. I've went ahead and highlighted it for you in case it was still a little too subtle.

Your if/woulda/shoulda doesn't really matter either. Rodgers threw for 300+ yards on a nearly 70% completion rate, the Packers ran roughshod all over that Cowboys defense with Lacey averaging more YPC than DeMarco. On the other side of the ball the Packers constantly destroyed the Cowboys pass blocking, sacking Romo one out of every six times he dropped back to pass and hurrying him even more than that.

If the Packers defense did that to them, you think the Cowboys would have stood a chance against the Seahawks defense? A team much more stout against the run and better in coverage? The regular season doesn't matter.

Rotoworld:

he sounds like a pretty stable guy in line for a long NFL career.

#nomore

Rotoworld:

Wichita police released a series of 911 calls related to the Feb. 4 incident allegedly involving Cowboys RB Joseph Randle.

An unnamed caller identified herself as the mother of Randle's child. "He pointed the gun in front of the mother of his child and he pointed it in front of this other female ... we have our child here and he has a lot of weed," the woman said, speaking about herself and a friend. "Joseph Randle just broke a window, he pointed a gun in front of somebody's car and then he busted her window open ... he plays for the Cowboys." A few minutes later, the woman called back and said police were not needed, saying they "talked it out." Police still arrived at the scene and cited Randle for possession of marijuana, a citation that was later dropped. The domestic matter remains under investigation.

Source: NBCDFW.com
Feb 10 - 9:06 AM

Users who are viewing this thread