What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Josh Gordon- will he be the guy in CLE? (1 Viewer)

Panthers

Patriots

49ers

Jets

Raiders

Eagles

Ravens

All could use a/another playmaking lights out WR, any word on who someone thinks that team is who reached out?

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny, I couldn't wait to log on and bump this thread. Looks like I'm not the only one :excited: about this. Schefter just confirmed on ESPN that the Browns are actively shopping Gordon (Little also, but who cares?). As a Brady owner and a Gordon owner, I have a permanent stiffy imagining them hooking up.

Or how about Gordon to the Lions to play opposite Megatron? JFC.

Despite the off-season issues with Hernandez looming, this is a move that I could absolutely see the Patriots making. The Pats are all about value, low risk/high reward. They aren't going to have to give up much for Gordon, I would guess. They have a glaring need.

With this news, any hesitation starting him this week?
I wouldn't as he may not want to play hard and get an injury since he has a ticket to a better team maybe on the other hand he may want to light it up but Hoyer is his QB and no running game to count on. I do not see how you can start him over better options.

Despite the off-season issues with Hernandez looming, this is a move that I could absolutely see the Patriots making. The Pats are all about value, low risk/high reward. They aren't going to have to give up much for Gordon, I would guess. They have a glaring need.
Thats the problem, cleveland will want more than the Pats will give.

I think a 2nd or 3rd round pick for Gordon is fair and any team would be foolish not to pick Cleveland's pocket and grab him. If Trent Richardson is that good, Gordon looked amazing at times last year and he has ha no one throwing him the football. I'm not sure that Gordon isn't a better WR than TRich is a RB, we'll see over the next 4-5 years.

BB and Lombardi are good friends, they will make it happen if the pats want Gordon.

Hoping they throw it to him 100 times to bump his trade value.....as I am starting him he will probbly get one target

I think a 2nd or 3rd round pick for Gordon is fair and any team would be foolish not to pick Cleveland's pocket and grab him. If Trent Richardson is that good, Gordon looked amazing at times last year and he has ha no one throwing him the football. I'm not sure that Gordon isn't a better WR than TRich is a RB, we'll see over the next 4-5 years.
I think his raw talent warrants a 2nd or 3rd, but his boneheadedness/risk makes me think Cleveland would be lucky to get a 4th from someone for him.

Do i start Gordon over Steve Smith??? Main reason, Smith is playing the Giants (my team in REAL football).

Its possible he has 100yds and a TD. Its also possible he just out to get his feet wet...3 targets 22 yards 0TDs. What do you guys think is more likely?

oh and yes, if he goes to the Pats I will jump for joy. B MArshall, D Thomas and J Gordon (with the Pats). Could make for some killer weeks :o

I'm benching Gordon for at least this week. We have no idea what kind of offense they are going to run. If they are tanking perhaps they never throw a ball 10 yards past the LOS, no running game, things could get very ugly today in Minnesota.

The odds of Gordon having a stellar day today have to be at around 10-20% tops.

4/55 stat line today.

I think his raw talent warrants a 2nd or 3rd, but his boneheadedness/risk makes me think Cleveland would be lucky to get a 4th from someone for him.
No problem Crowe, either way I am starting with a 4th and I don't let Lombardi off the phone until we hammer it out. A 3rd if you need to in order to seal the deal.

We have no idea what kind of offense they are going to run. If they are tanking perhaps they never throw a ball 10 yards past the LOS, no running game, things could get very ugly today in Minnesota.

The odds of Gordon having a stellar day today have to be at around 10-20% tops.
Agree. Unhappily sending him to the bench.

I'm benching Gordon for at least this week. We have no idea what kind of offense they are going to run. If they are tanking perhaps they never throw a ball 10 yards past the LOS, no running game, things could get very ugly today in Minnesota.
Just curious how the bolded works.

Does Joe Banner order Chud to install a terrible game plan? Does Chud tell Norv to call plays which are sure to fail?

The Browns can't expect much

I guess this guy won't be on my bench for the rest of the season. I didn't think Hoyer had it in him...

more reports pre-game that gordon (and little) being shopped...

impressive first half...

4-103-1 (plus 22 yard run)

doesn't appear to be rusty

maybe the browns aren't tanking...

Matt Waldman says Josh Gordon is the closest thing to Randy Moss we have in the NFL (based on skills and potential ceiling)
Matt is prone to outlandish comparisons. I can't count the number of nothing RBs he's compared to Adrian Peterson.
That's false, Clifford. I compare players on a spectrum of style and talent. I may compare a one aspect of a player's style with another who is on the high end of the spectrum, but I'm careful about explaining the nature of comparisons. You've chosen to ignore that and make this type of statement instead. For instance, Ryan Mathews' ability to make one strong cut in the second level and change the axis of pursuit was comparable to Adrian Peterson's ability to do the same in this respect, but if you think I'm saying Ryan Mathews is as good as Adrian Peterson as the complete package, you've chosen to skip the details of what I've said or written.

Users who are viewing this thread