What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Just did the unthinkable....Traded LT for R.Bush . (1 Viewer)

Well i know i will get dogged by many on this deal but when you feel so strong about something you go for it, Same way i felt about LJ last year coming into this year....I was right about him but BUSH has all the makings on a more explosive TIKI BARBER....and look at how often Tiki takes it to the house.

Well....I sent:

MR LT2

A.Lelie

for

1.01 rookie pick (BUSH)

F.Gore

P.Rivers

Mike Williams

4th round rookie pick

R.BUSH: whats not to like about him? He probaly will split time with DD but DD is no where near as explosive as Bush, Plus if he lands in houston and if we hire G.Kubiak im sure he will know what to do with a talent like Bush. And major reason for this trade is that i live in houston and am a texan fan.... :cry: Getting to watch him and root for him on my FF would be a major plus. I think he puts up some decent rb2/3 numbers right off the bat. Houston has a nice running offensive line....Look at DD Wells and Morency....so add in Kubiak and he could be a monster right off the bat. And once you snooze on him i doubt you can get him from anyone when he gets going, cause of his age and what not in the dynasty format.

F.Gore (thx mr otis) This guy has been touted by everyone, I remember a story on fftoday about him before the season started...well I watched him play and man he looks like he can be really good....Runs hard, elusive and have a nice burst, dont know how fast he is in the open field but he hits the hole extremely hard..... Could be a starter next year is what im hearing also. And with me not having a true RB1 or RB2 for that matter right now I likes what i could have him in him.

P.Rivers: Who knows what SD will do with there qb situation, Brees just hurt himself and is not under contract for the upcoming year....im sure they will sign him back but Rivers could come into play here and with SD having alot of weapons he could be a nice fantasy qb...Brees wasnt regarded as a helleva option a few years back now look at him with a team with Gates and LT on it.

M.Williams I like my wr core already but BMW is a nice dynasty prospect, Right now Plax is my only real Nice option at wr but Im real high on Wilford,B.LLoyd, Brandon Jones, and Mushin next year with Grossman at the helm.

Here is my roster now:

Campbell, Jason WAS QB

Frerotte, Gus MIA QB

Rivers, Philip SDC QB

Rodgers, Aaron GBP QB

Schaub, Matt ATL QB

Vick, Michael ATL QB

Barber, Marion DAL RB

Bell, Tatum DEN RB

Foster, De'shaun CAR RB

Gore, Frank SFO RB

Peterson, Adrian CHI RB

Taylor, Chester BAL RB

Turner, Michael SDC RB

Burress, Plaxico NYG WR

Jones, Brandon TEN WR

Lloyd, Brandon SFO WR

Muhammad, Muhsin CHI WR

Wilford, Ernest JAC WR

Williams, Mike DET WR

Cooley, Chris WAS TE

Stevens, Jerramy SEA TE

Elam, Jason DEN PK

Colts, Indianapolis IND Def

Overall I like this trade but im sure my team will fall back some w/o the mighty LT, unless Chesta Taylor, DeShaun Foster, Tatum Bell, F.Gore all have more prominent roles next year....

So how does this trade grade out?

Last edited by a moderator:
We'll know after R. Bush has played at least a down in a real NFL game. Personally, there's no way that I deal LT2 for Bush esp when Marty is rumored to be on thin ice.

Lets see - someone proven to be a top 2-3 overall Fantasy Player and consensus #1 for dynasty leagues for a guy who hasn't shown he can do anything in the NFL.If Reggie Bush becomes 85% of what LT2 already is, he will be doing fantastic. There is always the chance for a bust - talent, situation, injury, other. What is not to like about Bush? The fact that we dont know squat about how he adjusts in the NFL. How does this grade out? You did not get nearly enough for the guy that is most probably the top player in fantasy football in dynasty format.

why oh, why make this trade now?bush will still be an unknown till next season & LT2 is still a top 1-B right after larry johnson. make no sense, except so you can cream about the trade w/ your leaguemates & in this forum.

Just saw the thing about being a Houston fan.Well, you might get lucky - if he is a bust (and even if he is not, it is unlikely he will ever be as productive as LT2), there is a good chance that you won't have to watch it. Since Houston might not end up drafting him at this early stage.Still a long way until draft day.

well........i accept your opinions and true we dont know WHAT he can do at the nfl level, same as all the past rookie rb's coming out but most of those were highly touted as well.....Not as high as there touting Bush but you get my drift. Time will tell on this one..... Could be a MAJOR MAJOR bad move or a move i will pat myself on the back in time. Didnt trade LT straight up for BUSH, those others Gore/Rivers/BMW will all add a boost to my team as well....

Just shooting my trade out there.....Not bragging or boasting about it cause like i say, my team may take a few steps back in the upcoming years....who knows....And wether the texans take him or not i would still want him. Just would make it better for me as a texan fan and getting to watch him every game....kinda like i am about Andre Johnson and DD

:shrug:Looking at your team, even with LT I don't know if you would be in the running. At least with the trade you are building for the future. With Brees getting hurt and might need a long rehab, the QB situation could change. Gore has looked fantastic. Mike Williams....LT has been hurt 2 years in a row. Last year with the groin and this year with the ribs. Has all the touches finally caught up with him? You never know. I don't really like the trade, but can't say it's terrible either.You should now try and trade him Michael Turner for something.There's one fact about Reggie Bush, he can only disappoint.

Not a trade I would have done but you got promising talent for him.In fact, looking at your roster I think you made a wise decision. Your team is clearly built for the future.

Last place team in my league had Carson Palmer and Ladainian Tomlinson and nobody else......AND the #1 overall pick.If Bush turns out to be even part of what the hype says he is, then that is a trio to be very afraid of...

Maybe one of the worst trades I have ever seen! While Bush COULD be the next great RB, LT is a known commodity.Gore has had injury problems throughout his career and is not even the clear #1 RB on the worst offensive team in football. Rivers was one of my "sleeper" picks BEFORE Brees ripped up his shoulder in the last game of the season. Now the Chargers, who plan to seriously contend for the Super Bowl next season can't afford to trade Rivers until they are sure that Brees comes back 100% (won't know until training camp)So basicly you traded the best all around RB in football for an unproven rookie, a injury prone 2nd string RB on a bad team, and a back up QB. You set your team back two years.....I hope your league fees aren't too high because that money is already lost!

So what happens if Bush decides not to become eligible for the draft? Not saying that's going to happen, but you never know. People didn't expect Leinhart to stay for another year.

that is like trading a bunch of grapes for a 100 year bottle of wine.but you did get some nice cheese and crackers to go with your grapes (F.Gore ,P.Rivers , Mike Williams ,4th round rookie pick)....so hopefully they will help you recover the lose of LT , in about 3 years.

Some interesting repsones on this. IMO- I would not do this trade. The other players are also unknowns. In reality you traded away the #1 player in all of FF for several unknowns. Remember that anyting times 0 is still 0. So IOW-you trade the best player for what is currently defined as nothing. Bad move. You are banking on Bush being the player many "think" he will be. It's going to be hard to live up to those expectations. He's coming from a dominate college team to what is likely an exspansion team that is not very good on the line. Who's going to block for him? Can he beat out Davis? Probably but even then he's on a bad team and they will be bad for a long time.So you gave up what is the best player for what you hope to be the best player? That doesn't make much sense to me. You were already there my friend.

if Reggie Bush tears out his knee in the title game tomorrow, you're done with a capital Dshould've waited to do this if you really wanted to, which as an LT owner, i think its borderline crazyno WAY is Bush as good in the pros as in college where he's got 8 yards before anyone even touches himwill he be exciting? YES.Will he be better than LT? NO

if Reggie Bush tears out his knee in the title game tomorrow, you're done with a capital D
Well...no he's really not. He's got the #1 rookie pick right now, not Reggie Bush. He's planning on taking Bush, but he could always change his mind and grab Matt Leinart to round out his QBs.

Considering all that you got in this deal, it may end up working out in your favor. Frank Gore is making a solid case for himself. Rivers will be starting somewhere next year, maybe even in San Diego with the Brees injury. Mike Williams will never pan out in my opinion but with a new coach on board, anything is possible. There may also be a diamond in the rough with that 4th rounder.I would never deal LT in a dynasty, but that is just me.

Before the season started I dealt LT2 and Ward for Alexander, Cadillac, and Chambers. Most thought that was a fairly even trade, so obviously I think you could have gotten more.

Well i know i will get dogged by many on this deal but when you feel so strong about something you go for it, Same way i felt about LJ last year coming into this year....I was right about him but BUSH has all the makings on a more explosive TIKI BARBER....and look at how often Tiki takes it to the house.

Well....I sent:

MR LT2

A.Lelie

for

1.01 rookie pick (BUSH)

F.Gore

P.Rivers

Mike Williams

4th round rookie pick

R.BUSH: whats not to like about him? He probaly will split time with DD but DD is no where near as explosive as Bush, Plus if he lands in houston and if we hire G.Kubiak im sure he will know what to do with a talent like Bush. And major reason for this trade is that i live in houston and am a texan fan.... :cry: Getting to watch him and root for him on my FF would be a major plus. I think he puts up some decent rb2/3 numbers right off the bat. Houston has a nice running offensive line....Look at DD Wells and Morency....so add in Kubiak and he could be a monster right off the bat. And once you snooze on him i doubt you can get him from anyone when he gets going, cause of his age and what not in the dynasty format.

F.Gore (thx mr otis) This guy has been touted by everyone, I remember a story on fftoday about him before the season started...well I watched him play and man he looks like he can be really good....Runs hard, elusive and have a nice burst, dont know how fast he is in the open field but he hits the hole extremely hard..... Could be a starter next year is what im hearing also. And with me not having a true RB1 or RB2 for that matter right now I likes what i could have him in him.

P.Rivers: Who knows what SD will do with there qb situation, Brees just hurt himself and is not under contract for the upcoming year....im sure they will sign him back but Rivers could come into play here and with SD having alot of weapons he could be a nice fantasy qb...Brees wasnt regarded as a helleva option a few years back now look at him with a team with Gates and LT on it.

M.Williams I like my wr core already but BMW is a nice dynasty prospect, Right now Plax is my only real Nice option at wr but Im real high on Wilford,B.LLoyd, Brandon Jones, and Mushin next year with Grossman at the helm.

Here is my roster now:

Campbell, Jason WAS QB

Frerotte, Gus MIA QB

Rivers, Philip SDC QB

Rodgers, Aaron GBP QB

Schaub, Matt ATL QB

Vick, Michael ATL QB

Barber, Marion DAL RB

Bell, Tatum DEN RB

Foster, De'shaun CAR RB

Gore, Frank SFO RB

Peterson, Adrian CHI RB

Taylor, Chester BAL RB

Turner, Michael SDC RB

Burress, Plaxico NYG WR

Jones, Brandon TEN WR

Lloyd, Brandon SFO WR

Muhammad, Muhsin CHI WR

Wilford, Ernest JAC WR

Williams, Mike DET WR

Cooley, Chris WAS TE

Stevens, Jerramy SEA TE

Elam, Jason DEN PK

Colts, Indianapolis IND Def

Overall I like this trade but im sure my team will fall back some w/o the mighty LT, unless Chesta Taylor, DeShaun Foster, Tatum Bell, F.Gore all have more prominent roles next year....

So how does this trade grade out?
:lmao: :thumbdown: :rolleyes: BTW - who is Chesta Taylor?? lol

you just dumped your most reliable fantasy product at your RB spot, for a guy that has never played a single down in the NFL? and what happens if he blows a knee @ the combines? you don't have another RB worth mentioning...Foster is an also-ran, bell is a bum, Gore is good but has bad knees,shoulders, etc..taylor isn't a fulltime , starting RB in the NFL..probably will never be one..can't see him getting 325 carries/year..he won't hold up to that kind of punishment..

you're pinning your hopes on Phil Rivers?? :lmao: good luck. u will need it with him. He is at least 1 full year away from showing any signs of progress..no one knows,as yet, whether or not he is another Ryan Leaf/Tim Couch/Akili Smith..

he's virtually a rookie, overflowing with inexperience...

Only reason I have so many qb, is that everything else was stipped in my league....NO rb's available and no good young sleeper wr's either. I had only Vick and Schaub the whole year.....Also if something was to happen to Bush i could like the other poster say go in a diffrent direction....Deangelo, Lendale, Maroney depending on where they would land....but that wasnt my meaning of making this trade. Almost thinking of moving the pick chesta taylor and BMW for Boldin and the #2 and #4 rookie picks...But then i wouldnt have BUSH, but having the pick period gives me some options.

Well if the knock is on my rb's then with LT my rb's core still wasnt all that great, true i had a rb1 in LT but all my other options were up in the air ya know...people tend to dogg rookie rb's period and that cool.......People said the same about Marshall and LT and others coming out highly touted....Even LT himself said this dude is great! Im not saying he's gone come in and lights out be a star rb1 .....NO, but i feel he is such a great talent that once he lands on some one dynasty roster it will be impossible to get him off if all the experts are right. Yall make it seem as if a rookie rb cant suceed? And those talking about the texans dont have a line, think again, dont dont pass block all that well. There zone run blocking isnt bad at all....they can get a push. I watch them all the time so add him and maybe a coach that knows how to use a rb (Kubiak) and Bush could surpass many of his doubters.But like i say, some would have done this and many would have not, With my team even though i was #1 in my division with that team (8-5) I felt it was time to make a change. I always try and think outside the box, I ask about 6 weeks ago should i move LT for LJ in my dynasty straight up and was called a ###### and crazy, I felt that LJ was alot younger and was more of a monster in that system. Kc uses there rb's a tad bit more from what it seems to me....SD has developed in to a all around team. But let the discusssion carry on....And if anyone else traded the 1.01 rookie rookie pick what did you have to give or get for it.

We'll know after R. Bush has played at least a down in a real NFL game. Personally, there's no way that I deal LT2 for Bush esp when Marty is rumored to be on thin ice.
:goodposting: I can't think of a single pro prospect who I'd acquire in trade for the best FF player. Sorry but, how do you hope to better yourself there? Do you think LT's days are numbered or something?

You bought into the R.Bush hype too. No matter where he goes in the top 4 picks, there is a chance that he's part of a RBBC next year. Even in a best case scenario he's probably not a top 5 RB next year. And you traded a top 3 overall player for him. Ouch. Should have at least gotten another reliable RB like S.Jackson or Portis along with Bush.

I can't find fault with the guy if he wanted Bush because he'll be on the Texans.It's not as if he said "I traded Tomlinson for Bush (essentially what the trade is) because I feel Bush is better than Tomlinson." He did it mainly because he wants to root for his hometown team's guy.Is his team better? I don't think so, but does that REALLY matter?

I can't find fault with the guy if he wanted Bush because he'll be on the Texans.

It's not as if he said "I traded Tomlinson for Bush (essentially what the trade is) because I feel Bush is better than Tomlinson." He did it mainly because he wants to root for his hometown team's guy.

Is his team better? I don't think so, but does that REALLY matter?
But then why bother posting it here and trying to defend it?

I think the general consensus so far is that trading LT for the rights to Bush isn't bad. What's bad is that you didn't get more in return.

I dont love the trade but i can see the thought process behind it. Its unfair to call this an LT-Bush trade. Bush, Rivers, and Mike Williams are all high first round draft picks, Gore certainly has the talent to be also. There is a huge amount of upside here, but it is all unproven. I dont disagree with trading LT now, he may be heading for the downside of his career, but I think you should have gotten more for him. This team cant be expected to compete for at least another year or two. Rivers is a big part of this equation. He had better pan out or you are stuck with Vick indefinately. I dont expect either Rivers or Bush to make a huge impact next season, and Mike Williams is probably a year away as well.

I'm curious as to who approached who in this trade?Did you call the other guy and say "I want Reggie Bush...what can we do?"or (the likely scenario in my eyes) he approach you and work on you on the merits of LT for Reggie and prizes?

I can't find fault with the guy if he wanted Bush because he'll be on the Texans.

It's not as if he said "I traded Tomlinson for Bush (essentially what the trade is) because I feel Bush is better than Tomlinson." He did it mainly because he wants to root for his hometown team's guy.

Is his team better? I don't think so, but does that REALLY matter?
Hey, it's his wallet that will be lighter next year at this time. All we can do it discuss it so that nobody else buys into the Bush hype as much as he did.

Based on this guys angry reply to the majority of people that told him he ripped himself off with this deal; I think he was starting to have a bit of buyers remorse and was hoping to get encouragement. The problem is most people here actually know what they are doing and see that this was a foolish trade that will most likely set this guy back 1-2 years.Hey, good luck and I hope it works out but the chances are very, very, slim right now!

:no: :crazy: be careful of making another trade :topcat: I'm sure your competitors smell the blood in the water by now.Swinging a deal that got you the 2nd and 4th overall picks for the 1st pick would be worth doing though imo. Because Bush does not equal DeAngelo + Maroney/White whomever ends up in good situation for your team. You not only need Bush to pan out as a top 10 Rb but you need Gore to become top 15 too for this to really work out for you. Thats a lot more risk than I think you should have taken on when giving up the most valuable player in Dynasty.I wonder what this guys team is looking like with LT now? He had the 1st overall pick so hopefully for your leauge he earned that pick or else you may have made a monster roster to compete with for years to come..

angry responce???? Where you get that from? Not angry nor do i have any remorse of the deal. I still likes my deal. And to the other poster asking, I put LT on my trade bait, but had eyes of landing the 1.01 rookie pick...... Was offered EDGE and Gonzo for LT but i didnt like that deal to much. I have to nice young TE's and EDGE is ok but didnt see any gains in this deal.Before the LT trade i had no 1st or 2nd round rookie draft picks...So looking at my team i wanted to change it up a bit. BTW this same owner was offered EDGE straight up for the 1.01 rookie pick and was offered Shaun Alexander but that deal was pulled before he could accept. So i think its a better move for me, as i went with more options than what i had....and like i say, i may take a step back for the next year or so but if this guy is anything close to what everyone's predicting then i have no problem doing what i did.

Along with Reggie Bush, you should trade for Willie Parker, Samkon Gado, and Tedy Bruschi. You'd never lose another game in FF. Ever.Some owners play this game to just have the next shiny penny. They'll have the "best" team in the league in ______ (insert 2 years from now). Two years from now, they'll still have the team that'll be the best "2 years from now." Those high draft picks every year are so much fun in January through August.

Along with Reggie Bush, you should trade for Willie Parker, Samkon Gado, and Tedy Bruschi. You'd never lose another game in FF.

Ever.

Some owners play this game to just have the next shiny penny. They'll have the "best" team in the league in ______ (insert 2 years from now).

Two years from now, they'll still have the team that'll be the best "2 years from now." Those high draft picks every year are so much fun in January through August.
Well you saw my roster....i didnt like my chances going into next year if i stayed status quo......unless Bell/Foster/Chesta had more prominet roles in the upcoming season. Not saying Bush is replacing LT but i really like my overall team more. Probaly could have gotten alittle more from him, and believe me i tried. :popcorn:

:lmao: @ all the people saying things like Bush may blow out a knee.... what LT has no knees?I would have expected to get more from LT. Not because I personally think he is worth it or even the #1 FF player, but simp.y because I know that everyone else does think he is. I think you cheated yourself a bit, but I also think that Bush in Hou is a top 5 RB. LT is really not much better than that. He has never been the #1 RB let alone overall player despite what averone would like to lead us all to believe. In short you should have gotten more, but if your happy so be it and congrates.

Along with Reggie Bush, you should trade for Willie Parker, Samkon Gado, and Tedy Bruschi. You'd never lose another game in FF.

Ever.

Some owners play this game to just have the next shiny penny. They'll have the "best" team in the league in ______ (insert 2 years from now). 

Two years from now, they'll still have the team that'll be the best "2 years from now." Those high draft picks every year are so much fun in January through August.
Well you saw my roster....i didnt like my chances going into next year if i stayed status quo......unless Bell/Foster/Chesta had more prominet roles in the upcoming season. Not saying Bush is replacing LT but i really like my overall team more. Probaly could have gotten alittle more from him, and believe me i tried. :popcorn:
I know you think if you keep saying, "It was a good deal, I'm happy" you think it will come true but it won't. This wasn't a bad deal, it was HORRIBLE! The golden rule of fantasy football is you NEVER trade a stud without getting a stud in return, especially in and dynasty or keeper league. Bush hasn't played one second of football in the NFL and the rest of those guys you got in that deal are BACK UPS!If your league is under $100 and just for fun, I guess it doesn't matter but if you are playing for any real money, the rest of your league is laughing at you and will continue to do so for the next couple of years.

Good luck!

The problem with the draft picks is that you are going for the upside, while discounting the downside too much, at least when you are giving up LT2. Basically, you just bought a million tickets for the million dollar lottery in April. If Bush doesn't crap out (check the record on first overall RB picks), and plays to full expectations, then you have a younger version of LT2.I discount the other players you received, because they are the icing on a crap cake. The other owner cleared his waiver-wire and draft pick busts for the last few years and got the holy grail, LT2 in his prime.As for the hometown angle, Houston would be better off trading their first pick for a bevy of picks and build a decent offensive line. They could trade down 5 picks or so and still get a top-tier offensive tackle. Maybe try to protect their current first overall pick QB with a decent line.

I also think that Bush in Hou is a top 5 RB. LT is really not much better than that. He has never been the #1 RB let alone overall player despite what averone would like to lead us all to believe. In short you should have gotten more, but if your happy so be it and congrates.
/sarcasm? I hope? :eek:

I also think that Bush in Hou is a top 5 RB. LT is really not much better than that. He has never been the #1 RB let alone overall player despite what averone would like to lead us all to believe. In short you should have gotten more, but if your happy so be it and congrates.
/sarcasm? I hope? :eek:
When was LT the #1 RB again?His ranks:

DD in Hou was able to manage a top 5 season. I feel that Bush is more talented than DD. So top 5 shold be possible if he pans out as a pro.

I'm not a huge fan of Reggie Bush and I still think the guy getting Bush did well in this deal. Let's break it down to draft picks to see what he got for LT+Lelie:Bush = 1 - perhaps the single greatest value ever placed on the rookie 1.1BMW = 5 - remember that he was a concensus top 5 pick going into last year's draft. Values changed somewhat when his situation was known, but anyone drafting on talent took him top 5. Telent generally prevails in fantasy leagues over situation.Gore = 10 - I think most owners would give a top 10 pick for him nowLelie = Rivers + the 4th imo - this should be the year Rivers gets a shot at a starting gigSo I break this down to getting 3 good 1sts for LT. Perhaps a bit less than would be required in some leagues, but considering Bush is part of that deal I thik he got pretty good value (especially given his team's situation). And how much time do you really think LT has left at a top level in this league? What would you trade LT for (keeping in mind this owner is playing for the future)?

Let's put some numbers to this discussion. Even if LT has a down year next year or the year after, he still puts up 1700 yards and 16 TDs. And his upside is still in the 2000 yard 25 TD range. Heck, he put up those numbers this year without doing anything in the last month and a half.Now let's look at Bush. Even *if* he ends up on a team that is willing to give him all of the RB work, he'd be lucky to get into the 1700 yard 16 TD range. Not many RBs reach that level. And I'd say his downside is about 1100 yards and 5 TDs in a RBBC situation.Should have gotten a top 10 RB along with Bush to reduce the risk of a complete disaster of a trade.

And if anyone else traded the 1.01 rookie rookie pick what did you have to give or get for it.
I have it in my league. Here's the first offer I've gotten for it. my 1.1 pick for his 1.6 pick, Corey Dillon and Marvin Harrison.Haven't even done a counter offer or anything yet. And while long term, that trade doesn't help me out too much, short term, it would instantly turn my team into a playoff contender.

Users who are viewing this thread