What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Justin Jackson, RB Detroit (1 Viewer)

Totally confused.

So he has Covid? But isn't on the list?? 
it looks like he may have tested positive but then was able to test out of the protocol.  agreed that's it confusing and difficult to pin down with so many things changing and not a lot of info.

it looks like he may have tested positive but then was able to test out of the protocol.  agreed that's it confusing and difficult to pin down with so many things changing and not a lot of info.

The article indicates "he still has a good chance" to be able to play Sunday which to me means that he has not tested out of the protocol.

Clear as mud.

Nobody will know until at least late Saturday 

There  are indications are that he will out, but nobody knows

Thanks. If so, firing up Jackson with confidence. Texans bleed points to RB's, and although I never thought I would be saying this....Jackson has looked explosive lately. 

As much as it pains me as someone who drafted Kelley in dynasty a year or so back, Jackson has always looked like the natural fit as backup and has always looked good. Staying fit has been his issue. I’ve got him in my flex right now over Gaskin/Penny/Parker with Elliot and Sanders as my main two RBs 

I'm having flashbacks to starting Kenneth farrow in the playoffs.... But Jackson did look good last gane

Last edited by a moderator:
NY Post and specifically Drew Loftis who writes FF columns doesn't assume JJ is going to be the guy this weekend. 

Back-end RB2 if you want to get to the end notes quickly. 

NY Post and specifically Drew Loftis who writes FF columns doesn't assume JJ is going to be the guy this weekend. 

Exactly why I'm wondering if J. Kelley could be a possible play.

Think everyone assumes Jackson just comes in and dominates carries. If the way Staley has deployed these RBs this season is any indication, I'd think Kelley and maybe even Roundtree get carries. 

Think Kelley's fumble at the goaline last week probably makes Jackson the 1A for sure though.

Against HOU run D, there could be enough opportunities for multiple RBs if you assume blowout. Especially with all the Covid issues that team has.

I mean 60% share on a team that could put up 500 yfs is pretty good.

Also who reads the new your post for fantasy analysis? Lol 

Justin Jackson is also a good pass catcher who Herbert will utilize 

He had 15 half ppr points last year at the he Broncos?

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean 60% share on a team that could put up 500 yfs is pretty good.

Also who reads the new your post for fantasy analysis? Lol 

Justin Jackson is also a good pass catcher who Herbert will utilize 

He had 15 half ppr points last year at the he Broncos?
Think I'm going with AJ today even though I do like Cleveland to steal one in GB. Mattison auto RB2 this week.

Flex though and I have JJ, Sanders, Zeke who I do not trust this week and Pollard is in way better shape than I thought, Elliot will continue to see less touches. I like Jackson around RB 15-20 this week if he gets a decent number of touches, 15-18 would be expected, where do you see him finishing and what do you expect for number of times he touches the football. 

I like you highlighting Herbert and how he will play a part in this.I don't think they will have to air it out a lot.   

Think I'm going with AJ today even though I do like Cleveland to steal one in GB. Mattison auto RB2 this week.

Flex though and I have JJ, Sanders, Zeke who I do not trust this week and Pollard is in way better shape than I thought, Elliot will continue to see less touches. I like Jackson around RB 15-20 this week if he gets a decent number of touches, 15-18 would be expected, where do you see him finishing and what do you expect for number of times he touches the football. 

I like you highlighting Herbert and how he will play a part in this.I don't think they will have to air it out a lot.   
I guess he has as good a shot as any to score a rushing Td vs this hapless defense. Also Houston is missing cooks so who knows how bad their offense will be? Lac may be living in Houston territory all game.

I can see 13 carries at 5-6 ypc and 2-3 ypc at 10 ypr. 1 Td. 16-18 half ppr points is pretty good for free 

Picked him up 20 minutes after the Ekeler COVID News broke mid-seek and I'm rolling with him over Conner (even if most likely active tonight), Barkley and Gibson.....

Picked him up 20 minutes after the Ekeler COVID News broke mid-seek and I'm rolling with him over Conner (even if most likely active tonight), Barkley and Gibson.....
Texans are bad to begin with and they have 7 defensive lineman, 5 dbs and 3 linebackers in covid protocol on top of any injuries they may have…..it has the possibility/probability of being pretty ugly IMO

Texans are bad to begin with and they have 7 defensive lineman, 5 dbs and 3 linebackers in covid protocol on top of any injuries they may have…..it has the possibility/probability of being pretty ugly IMO
Its more of a sign of how banged up those 3 were more than going with Jackson.....But yea that is very encouraging!

Houston was really, really bad before COVID. I'm debating starting Jackson over Mixon tomorrow, that's how crazy this week is. 

Had him, R. Jones and Montgomery today. I sat Mixon to play Jackson. It got me a few more points thankfully. 

We'll see if I make it next week because of those points. 🤞

On my bench. Started Wilson on TNF before Ekeler was ruled out, and then didn’t want to bench Chubb/Jones yesterday 

I guess he has as good a shot as any to score a rushing Td vs this hapless defense. Also Houston is missing cooks so who knows how bad their offense will be? Lac may be living in Houston territory all game.

I can see 13 carries at 5-6 ypc and 2-3 ypc at 10 ypr. 1 Td. 16-18 half ppr points is pretty good for free 

Sometimes it's nice to get it right when we get so many things wrong lol 

😅

I ended up not using him in two leagues after scooping him up (started Mattison/Najee and RoJo/Robinson), but I still won both anyways. And now he may not be usable again depending on Ekeler's status. Funny how that works.

Picked Justin Jackson up in two leagues and started him in both over some very decent plays. He certainly paid dividends last week, 30.20 in a .5ppr league and totaled 213.96 in a standard Yahoo league. Never broke 200 points ever before. 

That being said, with Ekeler coming back Jackson will go back in his complimentary role. That was then, this is now. At a potential of 8-10 points on the dockett for week 17 he could be a drop for better options like B Scott or R Burkhead I imagine or that Ogunbowale guy for JAX. 

Part of this is keeping the best players away from our competition as well. 

Picked Justin Jackson up in two leagues and started him in both over some very decent plays. He certainly paid dividends last week, 30.20 in a .5ppr league and totaled 213.96 in a standard Yahoo league. Never broke 200 points ever before. 

That being said, with Ekeler coming back Jackson will go back in his complimentary role. That was then, this is now. At a potential of 8-10 points on the dockett for week 17 he could be a drop for better options like B Scott or R Burkhead I imagine or that Ogunbowale guy for JAX. 

Part of this is keeping the best players away from our competition as well. 

Edit: The other option is to hold Jackson as his value is close to the aforementioned and a definite play if Ekeler were to miss again. Two of our leagues go to week 18 for total points and W/L. 

Cut by Lions today after a solid preseason with them. In favor of a dude like Jermar Jefferson....lol

Would like to think he'll end up somewhere soon. He always showed up when he was on the Chargers. Just gotta find a way to stay healthy.

Lions signed RB Justin Jackson to the active roster.

Jackson had been on the team's practice squad. He showed out in the team's final preseason game against the Steelers, totaling 83 yards on ten touches. A serviceable back during his time with the Chargers, Jackson has some appeal in deep fantasy leagues if Jamaal Williams or D'Andre Swift get dinged up this season.
SOURCE: Dannie Rogers on Twitter
Sep 14, 2022, 11:51 AM ET

Users who are viewing this thread