What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kamala Harris' border crisis. Biden put her in charge. (1 Viewer)

Probably that its not an accurate assessment?
What about it isn’t accurate?
Their estimate if cost likey isn’t. Thats what happens when you use anyi immigration groups as proof of stuff. See also CIS. Neither are reliable. And yes, there are several pro immigration groups that wouldn’t be reliable either.
You didn’t answer the question. What specifically in the study “isn’t likely”?
Its in the first sentence of what you just replied to.

Martha’s Vineyard says they can’t stay
shocker!! thing is there are probably 50 mansions with each one able to feed & house the entire group of 50 migrants. so walk the walk, step up to the plate. so compassionate & caring. show us how it's done.
Step away from Gateway Pundit...they are being cared for...but yeah, its a vacation spot, it was meant to cause a scene and try and have far right sources making this same bogus claim. That is why they were sent there instead of a place that has the resources to handle the situation. But you all know this...and still celebrate it...which is the really cruel part of it all.

shocker!! thing is there are probably 50 mansions with each one able to feed & house the entire group of 50 migrants. so walk the walk, step up to the plate. so compassionate & caring. show us how it's done.
Step away from Gateway Pundit...they are being cared for...but yeah, its a vacation spot, it was meant to cause a scene and try and have far right sources making this same bogus claim. That is why they were sent there instead of a place that has the resources to handle the situation. But you all know this...and still celebrate it...which is the really cruel part of it all.
Source Patrol

None of these people own businesses and could give them jobs? No room at the inn in Martha’s Vineyard but it’s cool for the Florida Keys? What a bunch of phonies.

Thank you. Earlier today @John123 chastised me for claiming that anyone wants to shut down the border, he wrote that nobody has said that. Both you and a few others have.

I absolutely want a secure border - every nation and every citizen should

by shut down I don't mean stop transporting products - I mean stop the flow of illegally coming here people, illegally coming here everything

the best way is to politically pressure Mexico to stop allowing them to human traffic across their country - and I've said it before ... threaten a total travel ban on Mexico and threaten to get other countries to as well - literally kill the tourism industry for Mexico.. those billions might make Mexico second thought their human right violations they're encouraging

then, put military posts along the border, run patrols ..... and barriers to keep people out

that's how we get a secure border IMO

Ekbeats I can show you numerous studies that show that undocumented immigrants are a net benefit to the USA, that they pay billions in taxes every year.

not true, no way no how

from a certain cherry picked angle you can make that case - but illegally here being a net benefit is 100% inaccurate

Thank you. Earlier today @John123 chastised me for claiming that anyone wants to shut down the border, he wrote that nobody has said that. Both you and a few others have.

I absolutely want a secure border - every nation and every citizen should

by shut down I don't mean stop transporting products - I mean stop the flow of illegally coming here people, illegally coming here everything

the best way is to politically pressure Mexico to stop allowing them to human traffic across their country - and I've said it before ... threaten a total travel ban on Mexico and threaten to get other countries to as well - literally kill the tourism industry for Mexico.. those billions might make Mexico second thought their human right violations they're encouraging

then, put military posts along the border, run patrols ..... and barriers to keep people out

that's how we get a secure border IMO
So are you looking for us to care as much about our borders as Ukrainian borders?

So are you looking for us to care as much about our borders as Ukrainian borders?

I think Ukraine should have sealed borders too - don't let those illegal Russians across !

but if you're saying Russia is invading Ukraine because they're illegally there .... then the USA has faced its own invasion with millions of illegally here people as well ??

I think Ukraine should have sealed borders too - don't let those illegal Russians across !

but if you're saying Russia is invading Ukraine because they're illegally there .... then the USA has faced its own invasion with millions of illegally here people as well ??
Just more proof that you are the master of false equivalencies and moving the goalposts.

Source Patrol

None of these people own businesses and could give them jobs? No room at the inn in Martha’s Vineyard but it’s cool for the Florida Keys? What a bunch of phonies.
More like...credibility patrol. the Pundit is not telling you the whole story...you know that, right?
You really think MV is set up to handle immigrants? Who said its cool for the Keys?
Yes...I agree that the Pundit are phonies...I agree that Desantis pushing this stunt...he is a big time phony.

Martha's Vineyard caused people to freak out over 50 illegals being dropped off.
The aren't freaking out over 50 people.
They're freaking out over a Florida governor lying to 50 human beings, and dropping them off in another state without alerting anyone, except the media to own the libs.

It's depressing you don't understand that.

Martha's Vineyard caused people to freak out over 50 illegals being dropped off.
They're freaking out over a Florida governor lying to 50 human beings, and dropping them off in another state without alerting anyone, except the media to own the libs.

Not to mention they picked them up in Texas, then flew them to Florida, then to Massachusetts.

The question is why would Desantis pick up migrants in another state?

The answer is because it's a political stunt.

Just one more study among so many others:

The evidence is overwhelming. Those opposed to illegal immigration simply don’t want to believe it.

Not to mention they picked them up in Texas, then flew them to Florida, then to Massachusetts.

The question is why would Desantis pick up migrants in another state?

The answer is because it's a political stunt.
A very effective one. It's all about showing hypocrisy and it's spot on.

What luck for these immigrants to get plopped down in Martha's Vineyard. Not a bad spot.

What’s your point? Are you proposing we shut down the southern border to stop terrorists?
Yes. Full stop.
At this point the border is controlled by the cartels. Shut down the border to all asylum claims for a few years to get our house in order and reestablish control. Way, way too many of our citizens are being killed by fentanyl coming over the border.

The reasons for this are multivariate, but I don't see a way other than this to reset. It's gotten that bad.

What’s your point? Are you proposing we shut down the southern border to stop terrorists?
Yes. Full stop.
At this point the border is controlled by the cartels. Shut down the border to all asylum claims for a few years to get our house in order and reestablish control. Way, way too many of our citizens are being killed by fentanyl coming over the border.

The reasons for this are multivariate, but I don't see a way other than this to reset. It's gotten that bad.
The border is not controlled by cartels. That’s an incredible overstatement. And it has nothing to do with undocumented migrants either.

Yes. Full stop.

It makes too much sense, no way it happens.

The border is not controlled by cartels.
How do you know that?
Because if I drive to the border, I am stopped and my car is inspected by US agents, not by members of the Salamanca family.
Oh I see

Im thinking @Sand was referring to non citizens of the US crossing the border. But , you’re not stupid, you knew that already
People crossing the border does not equate to control of the border. And it also has nothing to do with the cartels.

Yes. Full stop.

It makes too much sense, no way it happens.
Let’s hope not.

Yet no outrage from the left when Lori Lightfoot did it this week.

How do you know that?
Because if I drive to the border, I am stopped and my car is inspected by US agents, not by members of the Salamanca family.
US Border agents control ports of entry, not the border.
Then per your definition of “control”, we have never had control of our southern border in our entire history. And it’s been 180 years since we’ve faced the possibility of a military invasion. Are you fearing that General Santa Anna will return to attack the Alamo again??

This whole “control of the border” shtick is nonsense. We are not threatened by the border, never have been. We have a drug problem for sure, but it will never be solved so long as the demand is there. And we have a migrant issue, not really a problem, but an issue that won’t be solved until we reform our immigration system. And the two issues (drugs and migrants) are not related, and neither threaten our border or national security.

How do you know that?
What a truly terrible take, one of the worst responses I’ve read in some time. That’s like saying there isn’t any crime in America because Police are in the city.
This response is far worse than my take. Of course we have crime. If you told me “crime in Chicago is terrible” I would agree with you. If you told me “criminals are in control of the city of Chicago” I would call your statement absurd, just as I did with Sand’s equally absurd statement.

Exactly. She moved them away from the city, where there are most likely many more opportunities for work and assistance and moved them to the Republican suburbs.

*crickets* from the left.

How do you know that?
What a truly terrible take, one of the worst responses I’ve read in some time. That’s like saying there isn’t any crime in America because Police are in the city.
This response is far worse than my take. Of course we have crime. If you told me “crime in Chicago is terrible” I would agree with you. If you told me “criminals are in control of the city of Chicago” I would call your statement absurd, just as I did with Sand’s equally absurd statement.
Exactly, it’s absurd to say it. We don’t have a border problem because when tax paying Tim drives to the border in his minivan with his family he stops at the appropriate check points for inspection.

IMO...they understand it...they just don't care. Because trying to make the left look bad is the point. Doesn't matter how illogical the move is, doesn't matter how cruel it is...

Exactly. She moved them away from the city, where there are most likely many more opportunities for work and assistance and moved them to the Republican suburbs.

*crickets* from the left.
Do you really think they are that far away from the city? They are right near Ohare and the other just near the 294 corridor...its outside of downtown, but still very much in what people would consider "Chicago".

How do you know that?
Exactly, it’s absurd to say it. We don’t have a border problem because when tax paying Tim drives to the border in his minivan with his family he stops at the appropriate check points for inspection.
Come on don’t put words in my mouth. I didn’t say we don’t have a border problem. I wrote that Mexican cartels aren’t in control of the border. You do understand the difference right?

IMO...they understand it...they just don't care. Because trying to make the left look bad is the point. Doesn't matter how illogical the move is, doesn't matter how cruel it is...
Cruel? Setting them up in swanky sanctuary city like Martha’s Vineyard listening to some Steely Dan and dining on chowder and lobstah rolls seems much nicer than leaving them in cages in Texas?

Cruel? Setting them up in swanky sanctuary city like Martha’s Vineyard listening to some Steely Dan and dining on chowder and lobstah rolls seems much nicer than leaving them in cages in Texas?

Just stop...its such a dishonest take to claim they were just being sent to some swanky place like it was a vacation. Its really a bad look man.

Depending on the song, the Steely Dan part might be regarded as a form of torture. Just saying.

Just stop...its such a dishonest take to claim they were just being sent to some swanky place like it was a vacation. Its really a bad look man.
They have a much betree chance at life in the US in Martha’s Vineyard than a cage in Texas. No?

Do you really think they are that far away from the city? They are right near Ohare and the other just near the 294 corridor...its outside of downtown, but still very much in what people would consider "Chicago".
Why didn't she just keep them in the city?

They have a much betree chance at life in the US in Martha’s Vineyard than a cage in Texas. No?
Why would those be their only options. These are Venezuelan Asylum seekers...were they in cages prior to being shipped to Florida and then Martha's Vineyard.
Can you drop the schtick just once and try actually having a real conversation.

Why didn't she just keep them in the city?
Why would I know that answer myself? Hotel in the burbs cost less than hotel in the city...less for the taxpayer to worry about. Are you under the impression that they are that far out of actual Chicago?

Users who are viewing this thread