What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kamala Harris' border crisis. Biden put her in charge. (3 Viewers)

Do you really think they are that far away from the city? They are right near Ohare and the other just near the 294 corridor...its outside of downtown, but still very much in what people would consider "Chicago".
Why didn't she just keep them in the city?
Why would I know that answer myself? Hotel in the burbs cost less than hotel in the city...less for the taxpayer to worry about. Are you under the impression that they are that far out of actual Chicago?
If what DeSantis did was a political stunt, then what Lightfoot did was too.
But no one cared here when she did it.

Do you really think they are that far away from the city? They are right near Ohare and the other just near the 294 corridor...its outside of downtown, but still very much in what people would consider "Chicago".
Why would I know that answer myself? Hotel in the burbs cost less than hotel in the city...less for the taxpayer to worry about. Are you under the impression that they are that far out of actual Chicago?
They also don’t care when Biden does it either.

The border is not controlled by cartels.
How do you know that?
Because if I drive to the border, I am stopped and my car is inspected by US agents, not by members of the Salamanca family.

Tim you can`t be that naive, you are driving through a legal "Port of Entry". When I drove to Vancouver I went through a legal entry and was asked for my and passport and aswered questions of where and why I was going to Canada.

That is not happening in our border states. People are not lining up in Tijuana waiting for customs.

How do you know that?
Because if I drive to the border, I am stopped and my car is inspected by US agents, not by members of the Salamanca family.

Tim you can`t be that naive, you are driving through a legal "Port of Entry". When I drove to Vancouver I went through a legal entry and was asked for my and passport and aswered questions of where and why I was going to Canada.

That is not happening in our border states. People are not lining up in Tijuana waiting for customs.
The word is “control”. Are cartels in control of the border?

People crossing the border does not equate to control of the border. And it also has nothing to do with the cartels.

it has everything to do with the cartels

money, human trafficking, sex slavery, pushing drugs ........... seal the border and watch the cartel lose their minds

seal the border, stop the humanitarian crisis, establish a controlled legalized immigration system, tough laws on people who break it .......... why can't that be something everyone agree's with ?

protects American's, protects immigrants, everything is legal, we know who is here, everyone pays taxes and obeys USA laws .... I mean geeeeeeeeesh

Migrants are out of Martha’s Vineyard.
NIMBY works fast in MV
Started a gofund me and called up the NG.

GFM update:
UPDATE (Friday, 9/15, 11 AM): The migrants left Martha's Vineyard for the Cape this morning. You are welcome to still give to support the MV Community Foundation and its ongoing work, but any donations as of 11 AM today will go to shoring up the organizations that provided assistance over the past few days and to building up a reserve to assist situations like this in the future, rather than directly helping this group of migrants and their situation.

NIMBY works fast in MV
I predicted it yesterday. Yes, the NIMBY is strong in the Vineyard. It’s one of the most racially segregated places you will ever see.

NIMBY works fast in MV

GFM update:
UPDATE (Friday, 9/15, 11 AM): The migrants left Martha's Vineyard for the Cape this morning. You are welcome to still give to support the MV Community Foundation and its ongoing work, but any donations as of 11 AM today will go to shoring up the organizations that provided assistance over the past few days and to building up a reserve to assist situations like this in the future, rather than directly helping this group of migrants and their situation.
These 50 people will probably receive better care than the vast amount of the 1000's upon 1000's that enter the country every week and get largely ignored by the left.
They hit the lottery.
So cruel that they had to deal with the offseason at MV though.

How do you know that?
Oh I see

Im thinking @Sand was referring to non citizens of the US crossing the border. But , you’re not stupid, you knew that already
People crossing the border does not equate to control of the border. And it also has nothing to do with the cartels.
Every once in a while you type something that is just…..” can’t even believe he just typed that” and I chuckle
This is one of those times

NIMBY works fast in MV

GFM update:
These 50 people will probably receive better care than the vast amount of the 1000's upon 1000's that enter the country every week and get largely ignored by the left.
They hit the lottery.
So cruel that they had to deal with the offseason at MV though.
The responses are pretty telling. MV needs the NG and $30,000 to house 48 people. Border towns are just expected to figure out 1,000 people without a mass infusion of funding.

Except…not really. Putting them up in a hotel still basically within Chicago area…still setting them uo with resources…not at all close to what Desantis did and you know it too which is what is so bad about it

The migrants have been deported out of Martha’s Vineyard.
From your link:
Some of these migrants were sent to Martha's Vineyard even though they have immigration hearings scheduled that are nowhere near Massachusetts.

DeSantis doesn't care about that, and neither do his panting lapdogs

From your link:
Some of these migrants were sent to Martha's Vineyard even though they have immigration hearings scheduled that are nowhere near Massachusetts.

Link to actual proof of that or should I just believe what some anonymous civil rights attorney says?
Talk about lapdog!

From your link:

And then bash them for missing court dates.

“Treating this solely as a narcotics control problem has failed to curb the proliferation of increasing quantities of chemicals that can cause a mass casualty event. Your own DEA Administrator has called fentanyl ‘the deadliest threat [the DEA] ha ever seen.’ We should treat it as such – thus bold action must be taken,” the AGs wrote.

“We must not sit idly by until a terrorist chooses to inflict harm using this substance on a large group of Americans – our countrymen are already dying from this poison. We cannot wait for tragedy to strike when proactive steps can be taken now to preserve American lives. We urge you, take immediate and decisive action and declare fentanyl a weapon of mass destruction.”

The illicit drug is pouring through the southern border at an alarming rate and in alarming amounts, the AGs argue.

In July alone, U.S. Customs and Border Protection seized 2,100 pounds of illicit fentanyl. In fiscal 2021, CBP agents seized 11,200 pounds of fentanyl. So far in fiscal 2022, they’ve seized 10,600 pounds.

Two milligrams, the weight of a mosquito, is lethal. A teaspoon holds about 5,000 milligrams, enough to kill 2,500 people. One pound of fentanyl, or 453,592 milligrams, could kill 226,796 people.

In both fiscal years so far, CBP agents have confiscated enough fentanyl to kill nearly 5 billion people.

From your link:
Given that they shooed the unwashed out of that enclave so quickly there is evidently plenty of transportation available.

MAGA type conservatives love this stunt. The rest of the nation does not. All it does is further demonstrate the continuing divide between MAGA attitudes about this nation and the rest of us who are the majority.

DeSantis really exposed liberal phonies with this maneuver.

From The Twitters :coffee:

The Police Department in Martha’s Vineyard had to put out a notice not to bring any more supplies for the immigrants because they had so much they have nowhere to put any more. Way to own the Libs!
The limousine liberals ran them out of town so fast they were long gone before humanitarian aid made it.

MAGA type conservatives love this stunt. The rest of the nation does not. All it does is further demonstrate the continuing divide between MAGA attitudes about this nation and the rest of us who are the majority.
Independent women (and women in general) hate stuff like this. Once again the Republicans do dumb **** like this and take away from things they should be focused on, like inflation.

No. He really didn’t. Just exposed those on the right as uncaring people who enjoy using people as political stunts.

Seems like you are wrong on this one

Immigrants thank DeSantis for Martha’s Vineyard relocation
Like I said, they hit the lottery.
Is it any surprise that no one answered my question when I asked where would they rather be, on a military site in Cape Cod or living on the street in El Paso?

Anyone want to answer? I've been waiting.

No. He really didn’t. Just exposed those on the right as uncaring people who enjoy using people as political stunts.

Is it any surprise that no one answered my question when I asked where would they rather be, on a military site in Cape Cod or living on the street in El Paso?

Sad you trying to justify this.

I wish people would stop telling me how sad they are for me thinking how I think. Save it, I don't care.

I wish people would stop telling me how sad they are for me thinking how I think. Save it, I don't care.
Seems clear manynof you dont care. Its all about a show.

Seems clear manynof you dont care. Its all about a show.
It seems you and many others don't get it and thats ok. It's not about a show at all. Its about reality.

They also don’t care when Biden does it either.
I hope the transporting of the illegals by the Pres gets more press as Biden tries to drum up charges against the TX and FL governors.

Users who are viewing this thread