What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kansas City at Oakland (2 Viewers)

There's absolutely no doubt the fix was in, but I'm old school anyway and the Chiefs can eat that loss for how terrible the defense played. And the offense didn't drive for a FG on either of its last 2. So yeah, totally don't deserve to win like that. Hopefully it wakes them up, they're not as good as they thought they were. At least next game won't be on the road after a short week against a team trying to save its season. Unless the Broncos lose again, I guess.

There's absolutely no doubt the fix was in, but I'm old school anyway and the Chiefs can eat that loss for how terrible the defense played. And the offense didn't drive for a FG on either of its last 2. So yeah, totally don't deserve to win like that. Hopefully it wakes them up, they're not as good as they thought they were. At least next game won't be on the road after a short week against a team trying to save its season. Unless the Broncos lose again, I guess.
The fix.  :lmao:

Korea, am I right?

Started Cooper, but of course my opponent started Carr. 33-33 push heading into weekend, might as well be 0-0. Damn.

great game though. TNF delivering the last two weeks.

I don't mean any disrespect, but I disagree. I am glad to see that they can kick each other ars for 2 hours, and then come back and socialize.  I think that the violence in the game ...players earn respect from each other.  Not to overstate this, but we can all learn from this, play HARD, fight HARD, but R E S P E C T.
I get what you're saying, I don't disagree, it's nice to see. But trying to brush off 1/16th of your season going down the drain after a last second touchdown by your divisional opponent is tough. I'll shake my opponents hand but I can't put on a smile after that. 

I get what you're saying, I don't disagree, it's nice to see. But trying to brush off 1/16th of your season going down the drain after a last second touchdown by your divisional opponent is tough. I'll shake my opponents hand but I can't put on a smile after that. 
Amen Brother.  I hear what you are saying.  Would less officiating be better...

Serious question: can anyone remember a game that sustained that level of excitement at the end? Only thing that comes to mind is the famous Montana-Elway duel in MNF in '94. Or maybe the Saints-49ers playoff game in '11 that ended with the Vernon Davis TD. Those games both had exciting back and forths in the final minutes. But in the final 20 seconds, this game had two plays for each team where they thought they had won, only to be overturned by replay/penalty, and then a final one for Oakland where they actually did win it.

How can you top that?

Serious question: can anyone remember a game that sustained that level of excitement at the end? Only thing that comes to mind is the famous Montana-Elway duel in MNF in '94. Or maybe the Saints-49ers playoff game in '11 that ended with the Vernon Davis TD. Those games both had exciting back and forths in the final minutes. But in the final 20 seconds, this game had two plays for each team where they thought they had won, only to be overturned by replay/penalty, and then a final one for Oakland where they actually did win it.

How can you top that?
Cant remember if it had a lot of lead changes but there was a game with Romo vs one of the Mannings possibly

How can you top that?
No. The super bowl last year was pretty great too.

I remember the Montana vs Elway game. That will always be one of the most exciting games in my book.

This one was up there though. Very exciting start to finish.

The offensive pass interference call being "picked up"....where an another official saw enough to actually throw his flag right in front of the covering official who obviously brain farted....is a joke....all that stuff will be forgotten because of the way the game ended....but a total hose show.....

Maybe should have been called something else, but one defender was definitely holding Carr up so that another defender could kill shot him.
That's football...they do that intentionally...always have always will....we see it all the time...

Plus....if you watch...Peters was going low at the time...no kill shot intended....just finishing the tackle...

Amazing game. Many blowhards like to write the NFL's obituary and then a game like this comes along and says EAT ME. What a roller coaster of emotions. Unbelievable outcome!

That's football...they do that intentionally...always have always will....we see it all the time...

Plus....if you watch...Peters was going low at the time...no kill shot intended....just finishing the tackle...
Maybe. I would have to watch the play again I suppose.

In the context of the situation I think the refs were trying to get control of the game that was getting a bit out of hand at the time.

Tyreek Hill played great. He impressed with several of his plays tonight.

In the context of the situation I think the refs were trying to get control of the game that was getting a bit out of hand at the time.

So one team has to suffer because the refs think its getting out of control...?

I'm still baffled by the fact that the NFL expects defenders to aim for the midsection and anticipate the lower head drop of a offensive player in a split second ......yet a RB with the ball can lead with the crown of his helmet when contact is imminent and that is ok....?...so offense can "lead" with crown but defense can't...?....that makes sense

So one team has to suffer because the refs think its getting out of control...?
They did throw Lynch out of the game. Perhaps should have been offsetting penalties?

Not looking to argue about this, but yes it was getting pretty chippy at that point and I think the refs needed to send a message to the players.

I get physical receivers, but this game had more blatant offensive pass interference plays then any I can remember.  Total joke.

They did throw Lynch out of the game. Perhaps should have been offsetting penalties?

Not looking to argue about this, but yes it was getting pretty chippy at that point and I think the refs needed to send a message to the players.
If Carr breaks out of the initial guy "holding him up" and throws a completed pass....he makes Sportscenter top 10.....

Last edited by a moderator:
If Carr breaks out of the initial guy "holding him up" and throws a completed pass....he makes Sportscenter top 10.....
Pretty sure Carr was trying to go down on the play. The defender who had a hold on him wasn't allowing him to do that.

At least that is the way I saw it. Would have to see the play again to be sure. I could be wrong.

I wonder how the Lynch stuff is going to play out now. I didn't watch half-time and wasn't aware until today that Lynch had run out to protect the opponent who hit his QB.  I can't imagine that would play very well with the other players.

Last edited by a moderator:
Remember how critical Romo was of Lynch for “leaving the stadium”? 

About that....

:lol:  

https://apple.news/AGS3vGT6xQOyuykPteHGBEQ

i don’t get the hate for this dude - I kinda wish all NFL players were Marshawn Lynch. Super entertaining. 
I agree with this part.  Watching from the stands and taking the train home after.  Classic. 

Just doesn't seem like a good fit in that offense.  Unfortunate because the storyline of him coming back to his home town and the eccentric (but harmless) behavior is really entertaining.  I just think he bogs the offense down.  Still runs hard, but lacks the burst to get to the 2nd level now.  There have been numerous carries when he looks like he will break into the secondary and pick up 20 yards like the old Marshawn, but doesn't quite get there and it's a 6 yard run.  He could still be a useful RB but they need Richard and Washington mixed in similar to last year.

They guy pretended to have a social anxiety disorder, just seems like a hotheaded jerk.
I thought it was cool he went and chilled with the fans. 

I kmow it was a selfish move, but he’d already gotten ejected. F it. At least he’s down to earth. I live in the East Bay - I coulda been on that BART train. 

And he went down and talked to his teammates before he left. 

I thought the chump move was coming in from the bench.

He’ll get a fine/suspensio. It is what it is. But I dont think he deserves to get a bunch of hate for it. He did a dumb thing. It happens. I’ve seen much much worse. 

This reminded me of Bobby Valentine with the nose & glasses. :lol:  

Users who are viewing this thread