What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Keelan Cole, WR, Jets (1 Viewer)

Gonna be seeing every teams top CB. I'm pumping the breaks a bit even though he was killer for me at the close of last year.
I don't think we've reached this juncture yet and I'm not sure we ever will. He moved around a lot last year, lining up on the left side of the field 32% of the time, right side 32% of the time and in the slot 36% of the time. He's also not exactly a household name. Some people in fantasy circles (and probably JAC homers) are riding the hype train but he's a still a UDFA without a full season of work under his belt.

And let's say he did draw shadow coverage from team's top CBs - there aren't many teams that have one. And of the ones that do, JAC doesn't play ARI so he avoids Peterson, or MIN so he avoids Rhodes, or LAC so he avoids Hayward or NO so he avoids Lattimore or DET so he avoids Slay..

He also avoids one of the best in Ramsey because he's on his team.

I'm really curious as to how today plays out.

Last year NYG was very vulnerable to slot WRs, with Fitz, Crowder and Baldwin averaging 25ppg. This year Webb is the slot corner and doesn't look to be an upgrade. Cole manned the slot 36% of the time last year, Westbrook 10%. When Lee was out in week 15, 16 and 17 Cole averaged 109 yards per game. 

I'm using him in daily fantasy. He's the minimum cost and has high upside in my eyes. We'll see I suppose. 
I thought he was great value in DFS and had him in early this week, now I've taken him out due to:

1. He will be very heavily owned

2. Draws the best cb

3. BB 

He's this years Thielen.  If you didn't grab him before, you probably can still grab him by draft time next year for relatively cheap and watch him be criminally undervalued throughout his career.  

This kid's a baller.  Love that I can keep him, Golladay, or Connor next year.  One (or all) of these guys gonna be gold.

He's this years Thielen.  If you didn't grab him before, you probably can still grab him by draft time next year for relatively cheap and watch him be criminally undervalued throughout his career.  
Just like Thielen, a relatively smaller undrafted receiver. Those guys never get any respect in the fantasy community. Usually ripe to make a great profit off of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
ShamrockPride said:
Just like Thielen, a relatively smaller undrafted receiver. Those guys never get any respect in the fantasy community. Usually ripe to make a great profit off of them.
good hands, good enough size, he's not only a deep threat but has a solid route tree and runs them well

Huh? I didnt drop him. Firmly planted on my bench. No clue why anybody would drop him after a game he had 60 yards and is considered their #1 wr after the end of the year he had last year. 
I didn't drop him for what it's worth, but in short bench leagues, after it seemed they were going to spread the ball around so much, I don't think it's laughable to have dropped him.  If he had 4 for 40 today you most definitely wouldn't be shouting this. 

I wanted to pick him up so badly, but couldn't drop Crabtree or Fuller to do so ... I guess this week he's going to be quiet the hot commodity once the waives open.

Ugh, wanted to pick up Enunwa and was deciding whether to drop JBrown or Cole. Somehow I had a blind spot where I didn't even consider dropping Shepard, the clear WR2 on a terrible offense, as opposed to Cole, the maybe WR1 on an OK offense.

That said, while he's obviously a talent and should be owned, I don't think Jax's offense is good enough for him to be a league winner. (At least that's what I keep telling myself.)  :wall:

I'm obviously a huge fan of Cole but maybe we need to pump the breaks a little? I don't have the stats on hand but I don't believe Hackett has ever called a game like that well since he's been the OC. I mean, JAC rightfully never once took their foot off the gas against NE yesterday. I think Cole's performance was a byproduct of the match-up and Fournette being sidelined - both of which will not be constants moving forward. I'm just so used to JAC turtling up when they get any type of lead that I'm nervous about crowning Cole. In a vacuum Cole is amazing but on JAC with Bortles as his QB and Hackett calling plays focused around grinding out games with Fournette and I don't know if Cole can be consistent.

I'm obviously a huge fan of Cole but maybe we need to pump the breaks a little? I don't have the stats on hand but I don't believe Hackett has ever called a game like that well since he's been the OC. I mean, JAC rightfully never once took their foot off the gas against NE yesterday. I think Cole's performance was a byproduct of the match-up and Fournette being sidelined - both of which will not be constants moving forward. I'm just so used to JAC turtling up when they get any type of lead that I'm nervous about crowning Cole. In a vacuum Cole is amazing but on JAC with Bortles as his QB and Hackett calling plays focused around grinding out games with Fournette and I don't know if Cole can be consistent.
Hackett will script based on opponent, and they knew they needed 24+ to win yesterday.  Pats game planned to make Bortles beat them, and he did.

And you're right...this will change week-to-week.  Titans next week are always a tough divisional matchup for Jags, but against the Jets @ home in two weeks, I don't think you'll see Blake throw 45 times unless something goes horribly wrong

Well, if the Titans are going to try to match Butler on Cole, he could have another HUGE day. Butler has been the worst CB in football after 2 games defending the deep ball. I'm going to start him with confidence.

Hackett will script based on opponent, and they knew they needed 24+ to win yesterday.  Pats game planned to make Bortles beat them, and he did.

And you're right...this will change week-to-week.  Titans next week are always a tough divisional matchup for Jags, but against the Jets @ home in two weeks, I don't think you'll see Blake throw 45 times unless something goes horribly wrong
Right. And if Leonard is back, Blake won't throw as much against the Titans.  I like Cole a lot, have him in a few leagues, but even I'm a bit reluctant to put him on par with Thieleen. 

Is he an every week starter moving forward?
I’m still starting Hogan over him in the league I have him. 

Bur come BYE weeks he’ll be a nice WR3 or Flex option. 

Especially tbe week I lose a QB/WR to the BYE & plug in Bortles/Cole.  Hoping for good things. ;)  

Starting him over Crabtree and Stills.  Hope Cole moves into a solid weekly WR2 role slotting between AB and Kupp for me.  ?

So you're ignoring his last 5 games of 2017?

Users who are viewing this thread