What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Keeper Leagues - Sell high on Brandon Jacobs - Like right now (1 Viewer)

gradin123

Footballguy
I strongly believe Brandon Jacobs is the most overrated Running back in the league.

I just traded him in my keeper league for Larry Fitzgerald. I never thought I'd get that much for him but I took it and ran.

I think a lot of people expect Ward to leave the Giants after this year and are bumping up the expectations for Jacobs next year.

I actually think Ward will be back with the Giants and even if he isn't his role will likely be filled by Danny Ware or Bradshaw and Jacobs role will remain the same.

Jacobs is coming off his best year in the NFL behind one of the best lines in the OL yet still only managed 1125 combined rushing and receiving yards. His 15 Td's were one of the leagues best though.

I don't see Jacobs ever getting more than 1300 Combined yards in a season. He just isn't an every down back. He is a horrible receiver and will never be played on 3rd downs and because of his running style he is prone to injuries and often needs to be spelled.

IMHO, Jacobs=Bettis but less durable

Looking to next year I do expect the Giants to re-sign Jacobs and I think he will inevitable get hurt again and with guaranteed money in his back pocket he will be less likely to play through injuries.

I strongly believe Brandon Jacobs is the most overrated Running back in the league.I just traded him in my keeper league for Larry Fitzgerald. I never thought I'd get that much for him but I took it and ran.I think a lot of people expect Ward to leave the Giants after this year and are bumping up the expectations for Jacobs next year.I actually think Ward will be back with the Giants and even if he isn't his role will likely be filled by Danny Ware or Bradshaw and Jacobs role will remain the same.Jacobs is coming off his best year in the NFL behind one of the best lines in the OL yet still only managed 1125 combined rushing and receiving yards. His 15 Td's were one of the leagues best though.I don't see Jacobs ever getting more than 1300 Combined yards in a season. He just isn't an every down back. He is a horrible receiver and will never be played on 3rd downs and because of his running style he is prone to injuries and often needs to be spelled. IMHO, Jacobs=Bettis but less durableLooking to next year I do expect the Giants to re-sign Jacobs and I think he will inevitable get hurt again and with guaranteed money in his back pocket he will be less likely to play through injuries.
Told ya so!

Users who are viewing this thread