What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Keepers gone bad recently? (1 Viewer)

delusional

Footballguy
So how many out there got kinda screwed at the end of the regular season up until now with keepers?

Me? I planned on keeping edge (2nd rnd) palmer(7th) and FWP(11th) but now i am not too sure. Actually after looking over my roster those might be the best picks i would have lol.

So edge in az... :mellow:

palmer getting his knee destoryed in playoffs :loco:

fwp :)

o i got moss..randy...but he is tagged a first =\

How about your picks gone bad..

I've got Carson Palmer, FWP and D Davis in an IDP league. My highest scoring RB from last year was Warrick Dunn, but due to age and salary cap I'll probably let him go. That would leave me with Duckett, Chris Perry, and Samkon Gado. I'm picking last, too, so I won't be able to get any good rookie RBs (but it was worth it to win that championship :clap: )

Last edited by a moderator:
Roethlisberger is the only keeper I have that may have lost some value (with the loss of Randel-El).

FWP's value went up since Bettis retired.

Koren Robinson's value went up with his contract and the potential loss of Burleson.

Dominic Rhodes's value went up with Edge leaving.

And LJ's value went slightly up with Herm Edwards naming him the starter no matter what.

So I can't complain too much this offseason.

One guy in my league got a double-whammy though and it was pretty funny. He was excited when Mike Anderson signed with the Ravens. He was not so happy when Jamal Lewis signed with the Ravens shortly after. He owns both guys and now neither one of them has a lot of value. :hophead:

FWP's value went up since Bettis retired. Until the Steelers draft a rookie RB.

Dominic Rhodes's value went up with Edge leaving. Until the Colts draft a rookie RB.
It is a given that both these teams will be looking for a RB via the draft. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dominic Rhodes's value went up with Edge leaving. Until the Colts draft a rookie RB.
It is a given that both these teams will be looking for a RB via the draft. Sorry to burst your bubble.
Well, first of all I don't think it's a given at all. I think that the Colts probably will, but I'm not so sure about the Steelers. And even if they both draft a RB, I seriously doubt that Rhodes and FWP will be receiving less carries than last season. Even if they draft rookie RBs both Rhodes and FWP should be receiving more carries this season.And either way, as of this point their value is higher.

Well, first of all I don't think it's a given at all. I think that the Colts probably will, but I'm not so sure about the Steelers. And even if they both draft a RB, I seriously doubt that Rhodes and FWP will be receiving less carries than last season. Even if they draft rookie RBs both Rhodes and FWP should be receiving more carries this season.And either way, as of this point their value is higher.
I couldn't care less about the difference between a guy getting 50 carries over a full season's play as opposed to 150 carries over a full season's play. Unless the guy is going to be featured, he's not worth a damn in fantasy. Neither of those guys are going to be featured. Willie Parker obviously could be pretty good, as he's a better shot of at least being a dominant partner of a RBBC (whereas Rhodes is almost certainly going to be the minor partner of a RBBC).

Worked hard on a trade to get DJax and now he's had another surgical procedure to his knee and Hawks are talking drafting a WR.

:wall: :wall:

culpepper's injury is hurting me. Good thing i have a few months to let things shake out. Overall, the off season has been positive for my team

Alexander- back in seattle even though hutch is gone

Deuce Mac- Brees should take make teams back out the box

Boldin- i consider it a wash. less passes will be thrown, but they'll have more room to work with edge there.

Chester Taylor- If he starts, im gold. we can start 4 RB's

rookie keeper is where im hurting. I have nobody. The only rook im carrying is braylon edwards.

Mine just keep looking better by the day! It's called SMART Drafting. lol
Smart drafting aside if you've been doing this long enough your still going to take it up the ### once in a while. Mine is McGahee, regardless of what JoeT and his minions feel, I consider MacGahee to be an elite back stuck in a poor situation, I'll stick by him for another season, things can change in a hurry.

I couldn't care less about the difference between a guy getting 50 carries over a full season's play as opposed to 150 carries over a full season's play. Unless the guy is going to be featured, he's not worth a damn in fantasy. Neither of those guys are going to be featured. Willie Parker obviously could be pretty good, as he's a better shot of at least being a dominant partner of a RBBC (whereas Rhodes is almost certainly going to be the minor partner of a RBBC).
Whether or not you care about these guys increasing their workloads or not, it's a given, to use your term, that both will receive more action in 2006. Thus, their value has increased. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Users who are viewing this thread