What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Keiland Williams, RB WAS (1 Viewer)

Without starting a new thread, I would be curious to hear who is starting him today and who are you benching? I own him in 2 of 4 money leagues...currently on my bench. Although, I am kicking the tires in one league.Williams over John Carlson in flex. 1.5 ppr for TE thoughhmmmmm
Hopefully you went with Carlson, or "anyone but Williams".

Sure pick up Torain... Are you really going to start him with the mess in Washington? They got beat by the Rams today.

I've got Portis as a 4th RB and this mess is begging me to send him packing. Maybe Shanny's system is not working.

Skeletor does this to me every year!!!! Pulls me in with what looks like normal coaching moves than WHAM! He give carries to the practice squad guy he just moved to the active roster. I am like an addict who can't say no.

Last edited by a moderator:
What would Shanahan have done if another team had signed Torain away during the first two weeks? Jebus ... crazy practice-squad assignment. Guess it paid off, though.

What would Shanahan have done if another team had signed Torain away during the first two weeks? Jebus ... crazy practice-squad assignment. Guess it paid off, though.
Very low risk of that. Torain was coming off of multiple "lost" seasons due to a bad leg injury and didn't really shine in the preseason. Also, Shanny "diamonds in the rough" RB's rarely seem to excel on other teams. Funny thing is, I still could see Shanny randomly deciding to give carries to KW next week. You just never know.

The rat strikes again! I should have known better than to be chasing fool's gold. Off to the waiver wire again. Who knows maybe a New England back is available... :thumbup:

I stashed Williams away, but if you own him, I wouldn't be so quick to drop him.

There could be more than meets the eye here, and for all we know Shanny does one his dipsy-doos, and goes with Williams next time.

If you have room, may make sense to roster both KW and RT.

Lotta guys declaring victory in here after just one game. KW is really a second half of the year stash to begin with.

Many in this thread look at him like that and nothing more. But we have guys in here who think they've figured out what Shanny is gonna do. Shanahan. The solid rock of RB stability.

Congrats someone else finally figured out the real reason he sent torain to the practice squad instead of keiland williams.

per Redskins Insider (@RedskinsInsider):

Redskins have added Brandon Banks ot the 53-man roster. They've released RB Keiland Williams to make room

Adam_Schefter

Redskins signed WR Brandon Banks to their 53-man roster and waived running back Keiland Williams. 1 minute ago via ÜberTwitter

Might as well add his name to the list of RBs that GB should sign.

^^^Damn you!

I still don't see this being the end of him in Washington.

I really don't expect Clinton to last the season in Washington barring a miraculous improvement by him and the team. If/When Washington falters behind the others in the standings, I expect them to jettison Clinton the same way they did Johnson & Parker.

I think they'll try to squeeze anything/everything out of Clinton and the $$ they paid him this year. I don't think there's much more to squeeze out of Clinton's bottle in Washington.

Classic Skeletor

Roto: Redskins waived RB Keiland Williams and signed WR/KR Brandon Banks off their practice squad.

Washington needs help on special teams, and Chad Simpson figures to be more versatile as the No. 3 back. Note that Williams was listed on the injury report with an ankle injury. Regardless, Ryan Torain's kung-fu grip on the backup job behind creaky Clinton Portis is as tight as ever. If Torain is unowned in your league, grab him.

I still wonder whether they'll resign him after today's game. He's made no mistakes and was actually entrusted with 3rd down duties running passing routes in his first couple of games his rookie season after being undrafted. They know they're thin at RB regarding injuries, so this isn't a long term move to carry just two guys, one of whom's already got a wrist injury and the other of whom is coming off of two lost seasons due to injuries.

He's on my taxi squad on my dynasty team (we carry 44 players, including the taxi squad), so in my situation I'm holding him. At worst he'll get a look from a team like GB that's got injury problems at RB.

I still don't see this being the end of him in Washington.

I really don't expect Clinton to last the season in Washington barring a miraculous improvement by him and the team. If/When Washington falters behind the others in the standings, I expect them to jettison Clinton the same way they did Johnson & Parker.

I think they'll try to squeeze anything/everything out of Clinton and the $$ they paid him this year. I don't think there's much more to squeeze out of Clinton's bottle in Washington.
That is ignorance. If you watched, you'd know Portis is fantastic as a pass blocker, something Mike Shanahan coached teams are known for. Portis's role my decrease, but he is still an important part of the offense

Users who are viewing this thread