What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kelce on Justin Tucker - Be careful if you poke the bear (1 Viewer)

He always warms up there

He's in the wrong. And he knows it. Nobody else does that to the opposing team.

"Justin came out and he said it was more of a joking gesture and kind of a fun, competitive [move] and I get it," Kelce said. "He was kind of winking at me, being a d--- about it, trying to get under the skin. ... We just weren't in a joking mood. We were ready to get after it."

Mahomes said Tuesday that Tucker is the only kicker who has violated those unwritten rules during his NFL career.

This was a much discussed item on Twitter before the game.

And not really anything since.

Seems like a nothing burger. I’m not sure there’s causation here.

Like the implication here seems to be that if Tucker hadn’t done that the Ravens would have won? :shrug:

Football players do all kinds of things to get in their opponent's head. But many people don't consider a kicker a real "football player," so it's somehow considered out of line. If it was a starting corner, I think it would be seen differently.

Three future HOF inductees had a little incident before a playoff game. That's it.

Football players do all kinds of things to get in their opponent's head. But many people don't consider a kicker a real "football player," so it's somehow considered out of line. If it was a starting corner, I think it would be seen differently.

Three future HOF inductees had a little incident before a playoff game. That's it.
#1 a starting corner wouldn't do something annoying during warmups because they themselves need to warm up. If a starting corner would have done something annoying like that, there would have been hands thrown.

#2 Tucker or not, kickers can go play hacky sack anywhere else on the field to 'warm up'.

Drama where there shouldn’t be any.

I don't think there's any drama.

Tucker poked the bear.

Bear answered.

Now Tucker is watching the Super Bowl on his couch.
Yeah but I’m guessing that had zero to do with the outcome of that game.
Perhaps not, but between Tucker's games and the WRs going out of their way to make a TD celebration that mocked the wives/girlfriends of Chiefs players, it makes you wonder if they weren't focused enough last week. Considering how they unraveled they got the minute they saw how on his game Mahomes was early on and then how many 15-yard penalties they incurred throughout the game, they definitely didn't look like a team that was buttoned up.

As far as Tucker goes, that was bush league and he got his response. A team captain told him where to go. The refs should be the ones doing that, instead it’s stupidly self-policed. Bad look for the NFL IMO.

I've always thought Justin Tucker was one of the more annoying players in the game. (HOF kicker performer though, no doubt)

But he took it next level with the trying to warm up in the way of the Kansas City offense Sunday on their end of the field.

Kelce was having none of it.

Spot on. https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39430035/travis-kelce-calls-justin-tucker-poking-bear
What has Tucker ever done that’s annoying, prior to these overblown incident?

Despite being the best ever at his position, he’s a genuinely humble and encouraging guy who always deflects praise to his long snapper and holder

I think some of this might stem from how much you hated the Ravens and Billick back in 2000 (something I’ve been around here long enough to remember)

I've always thought Justin Tucker was one of the more annoying players in the game. (HOF kicker performer though, no doubt)

But he took it next level with the trying to warm up in the way of the Kansas City offense Sunday on their end of the field.

Kelce was having none of it.

Spot on. https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39430035/travis-kelce-calls-justin-tucker-poking-bear
What has Tucker ever done that’s annoying, prior to these overblown incident?

Despite being the best ever at his position, he’s a genuinely humble and encouraging guy who always deflects praise to his long snapper and holder

I think some of this might stem from how much you hated the Ravens and Billick back in 2000 (something I’ve been around here long enough to remember)
He’s never been annoying. Just the current narrative unfortunately. He’s been around forever and I have never heard anything negative about him. Well, until he incurred the wrath of a certain persons BF lol

Kelce is a star player who already has multiple SB rings, and his team won on Sunday. Tucker is a kicker, and his team lost on Sunday.

Regardless of the issue of who's supposed to be warming up where, it seems a little tacky to make an issue out of it now.

Tucker poked the bear.

Bear answered.

Super Bowl can’t get over fast enough.
Fyp
You mis quoted me, I said ”here”, not “over”. What does fyp mean?
"Fixed your post"
Oh, ok

Tucker poked the bear.

Bear answered.

Super Bowl can’t get over fast enough.
Fyp
You mis quoted me, I said ”here”, not “over”. What does fyp mean?
"Fixed your post"
Oh, ok
Yeah just a dumb joke implying I have no one to root for lol.

:confused: I'm pretty sure Justin Tucker - Travis Kelce pregame thing had nothing to do with Brian Billick. ;) And yes, this is meaningless.

And wow, that's some notebook. Are you a Ravens fan? And a good reminder to be careful what I say. I do remember being pretty bummed about the Browns leaving Cleveland in 1995. Maybe that's what you're remembering.

Last edited:

And wow, that's some notebook. Are you a Ravens fan? And a good reminder to be careful what I say. I do remember being pretty bummed about the Browns leaving Cleveland in 1995. Maybe that's what you're remembering.
yes, it was so great when they used to play the Oilers in the Astrodome

Remember when Dez Bryant went against the "unwritten rules" and refused to carry Roy Williams shoulder pads?

I kinda sorta love Tuckers shenanigans

Users who are viewing this thread