What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kenny Britt (1 Viewer)

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

Rams signed former Titans WR Kenny Britt to a one-year, $1.4M deal, including $550K, per source. Max value of deal is $2.9M.
Meh.This is a good roll of the dice for Fisher. He could flame out easily but this is not much of a commitment. Still, as someone that has Givens, Quick and Bailey, this just makes me cringe. This is a offseason situation to monitor. Someone has to be a winner here, right?
Pretty sure the Rams haven't had an 800 yard WR since Torry Holt...
So you're saying they're due? I like your optimism.

Steve Smith part II signing for the Rams. Guy with a bad knee that can no longer separate

Steve Smith year before coming to STL 11 catches

Kenny Britt year before coming to STL 11 catches

I'm surprised Britt got more than the minimum personally. Guy was amongst the worst receivers to see the field during the 2013 NFL regular season. Guess there's still someone out there that thinks he'll just be able to 'turn it on' again :shrug:

I don't think he's as good as Givens at this point nor any better than Pettis. I'd imagine Quick/Britt/Pettis may be fighting for 2 spots.
While I see plenty of reason for pessimism, I think your comparison to Steve Smith is stupid.

I like the landing spot for Brit from a professional standpoint. I'd be surprised if he can't drive his way up the depth chart (as long as he doesn't have long term consequences from his injuries). I think he's going to be out there in base sets in that case. I really don't see any direct competition for him outside of maybe Quick, who needs to make a big jump in his third year or he's going to be a journeyman. Britt and Quick could be battling each other for a roster spot.

yuck, all this going to do is stunt the growth of Steadman Bailey and that sucks cause that guy can play.

Boooooo. It's better than the situation in Tennessee, but there's too many WR options on this team between Austin/Givins/Quick/Pettis/Bailey and of course Cook and now Britt. For this kind of money, WHY did the Panthers not sign him?

I like the landing spot for Brit from a professional standpoint. I'd be surprised if he can't drive his way up the depth chart (as long as he doesn't have long term consequences from his injuries). I think he's going to be out there in base sets in that case. I really don't see any direct competition for him outside of maybe Quick, who needs to make a big jump in his third year or he's going to be a journeyman. Britt and Quick could be battling each other for a roster spot.
This is his 6th year. He needs to find a place to thrive. StL isn't it. Not because of the competition from overhyped young players, but because they have no real QB. I can't see this going well unless they find a QB.

This is his 6th year. He needs to find a place to thrive. StL isn't it. Not because of the competition from overhyped young players, but because they have no real QB. I can't see this going well unless they find a QB.
:goodposting:

St. Louis is a horrid spot for Britt. And I own the dude in every league, so if anyone has a reason for false optimism, it's me. Check out what the top Rams' WR has done each year since Bradford showed up. And then realize that Britt might not even be the top WR there. I honestly don't know if there is a worse spot for a WR in the entire NFL -- at least the other teams with garbage at QB know that they need to upgrade. The Rams seem pretty content to keep trotting Bradford out there. On the bright side, it's only a one year deal, and I might as well keep burning the roster spot.

St. Louis is a horrid spot for Britt. And I own the dude in every league, so if anyone has a reason for false optimism, it's me. Check out what the top Rams' WR has done each year since Bradford showed up. And then realize that Britt might not even be the top WR there. I honestly don't know if there is a worse spot for a WR in the entire NFL -- at least the other teams with garbage at QB know that they need to upgrade. The Rams seem pretty content to keep trotting Bradford out there. On the bright side, it's only a one year deal, and I might as well keep burning the roster spot.
OH, so that has to make you an expert on britt's situation, right ? :lol:

:goodposting: St. Louis is a horrid spot for Britt. And I own the dude in every league, so if anyone has a reason for false optimism, it's me. Check out what the top Rams' WR has done each year since Bradford showed up. And then realize that Britt might not even be the top WR there. I honestly don't know if there is a worse spot for a WR in the entire NFL -- at least the other teams with garbage at QB know that they need to upgrade. The Rams seem pretty content to keep trotting Bradford out there. On the bright side, it's only a one year deal, and I might as well keep burning the roster spot.
Link to where I suggested that I'm any kind of expert? Merely pointing out that I have reason to look for the bright side with him, guy. And it's not there in St. Louis. At all.

:goodposting: St. Louis is a horrid spot for Britt. And I own the dude in every league, so if anyone has a reason for false optimism, it's me. Check out what the top Rams' WR has done each year since Bradford showed up. And then realize that Britt might not even be the top WR there. I honestly don't know if there is a worse spot for a WR in the entire NFL -- at least the other teams with garbage at QB know that they need to upgrade. The Rams seem pretty content to keep trotting Bradford out there. On the bright side, it's only a one year deal, and I might as well keep burning the roster spot.
Link to where I suggested that I'm any kind of expert? Merely pointing out that I have reason to look for the bright side with him, guy. And it's not there in St. Louis. At all.
You are using it to make your opinion come across as more legit(expert) when it doesn't matter at all if you own him or not in regards to whether or not his situation is good or bad. That is very silly, and there is a 75 percent chance you weren't even aware that's what you were doing, so I had to point it out for you, so you can argue points logically in the future without using fallacies

Last edited by a moderator:

Bradford may not be the answer, but he wasn't as bad last year as many seem to think. Even without a running game, he scored slightly more PPG than Andy Dalton, 0.7PPG less than Russell Wilson and 1.6PPG less than Cam and Luck over the first 7 weeks (missed the rest of the season injured). I don't think he's some All-World QB, but he hasn't had much to work with at WR. As far as ability goes, Britt is the only legitimate WR1 he's ever had.

Boooooo. It's better than the situation in Tennessee, but there's too many WR options on this team between Austin/Givins/Quick/Pettis/Bailey and of course Cook and now Britt. For this kind of money, WHY did the Panthers not sign him?
Agreed. Mind blowing. Panthers pick at #28 and there is no chance they get Watkins or Mike Evans.

You are using it to make your opinion come across as more legit(expert) when it doesn't matter at all if you own him or not in regards to whether or not his situation is good or bad. That is very silly, and there is a 75 percent chance you weren't even aware that's what you were doing, so I had to point it out for you, so you can argue points logically in the future without using fallacies
Actually he only mentioned that he owned him to show that he is looking for any reason to be optimistic. I like to know when the poster rosters the guy myself, because it lets me know whether or not they might be biased. He basically just said that I roster the guy and I still don't have anything to be optimistic about. Does that not make sense to you? I roster Trent Richardson and because of that, I have hopes that he can be a RB2 this year. Not saying I'm an expert, just saying I have hopes that he can turn it around and him being on my roster definitely influences that. My unbiased opinion would be that the dude just sucks.

doowain said:
Coeur de Lion said:
FF Ninja said:
Sabertooth said:

Bradford may not be the answer, but he wasn't as bad last year as many seem to think. Even without a running game, he scored slightly more PPG than Andy Dalton, 0.7PPG less than Russell Wilson and 1.6PPG less than Cam and Luck over the first 7 weeks (missed the rest of the season injured). I don't think he's some All-World QB, but he hasn't had much to work with at WR. As far as ability goes, Britt is the only legitimate WR1 he's ever had.
Bradford's stats (and consequently PPG) were greatly padded by the fact that he was on pace to set a record for passings TDs from 0-5 yards, IIRC.

Coeur de Lion said:
St. Louis is a horrid spot for Britt. And I own the dude in every league, so if anyone has a reason for false optimism, it's me. Check out what the top Rams' WR has done each year since Bradford showed up. And then realize that Britt might not even be the top WR there.
I agree with this, seems like worst fantasy spot of the teams he was considering...a bunch of other young fairly talented guys at WR and pretty spotty QB play, in an offense that seems to usually be pretty run heavy. Less of a factor, but also three good defenses in the division as well. Getting into different coaches and QBs at this point, but it looks like the Rams haven't even had a 700 yd receiver since Holt in 2008.

doowain said:
Coeur de Lion said:
FF Ninja said:
Sabertooth said:

huh

doowain said:
Coeur de Lion said:
FF Ninja said:
Sabertooth said:
huh
Do I really need to unpack that for you? Or did you just ignore the first part of the sentence?

Coeur de Lion said:
FF Ninja said:
Sabertooth said:
Have you considered the possibility there was no great place for him to land? Doing as poorly as he has in the past few years (which you have acknowledged) and getting arrested nine times in a 3-4 year span tends to restrict your options, so that was going to be his biggest issue, wherever he landed. Could he be in worse situations? Some WRs would be out of the league with a record like that. What about TEN last year, it isn't like that was a great situation, or couldn't be replicated (some other HC losing confidence in him?).This isn't like Calvin Johnson, A.J. Green, Julio Jones, Demaryius Thomas, Dez Bryant or Josh Gordon who have the talent to start for any team on the league. We don't know if he had any promises or assurances of starting (I don't think he is guaranteed in STL?) or had any better offers anywhere else. If he had, probably he would have signed there.

A factor you may be overlooking is that Fisher drafted him and may believe in him more than any other HC (in a way, it is kind of like believing in himself and his original judgement), which could increase his chance of starting. If he went to a team with a better QB but had less chance of starting among his possibly scant, meager offers, it is unclear how that would leave him better positioned for success?

Hypothetically, if Britt returns to form and this conversation is even relevant, if he has 100 receptions but because Bradford is terrible and only has a 1 yard Y/C average and Britt ends up with only 100 yards total, but is running crazy wide open for dozens of aborted 40-60-80 yard TD receptions because Bradford never throws more than 1 yard downfield, credit scouting departments around the league for being able to recognize that and for Britt to be able to rehabilitate his tarnished rep that way. :)

Bummer if that wastes a year, but like you said, you held him this long, what is another year (since it has been about four seasons since he strung together more than a few good games in a row). I don't have him in any leagues, but I wouldn't have dropped him in any if I had. He formerly flashed the talent that could still lead to him having upside. If he is cut by STL or doesn't start, and his prospects aren't any brighter next year, you can always cut him later. Nobody is blowing up their team to acquire him. If he does anything, even as a WR2 or WR3, at this point that is almost certainly gravy. Anybody who was counting on him to return to form (clearly you aren't) probably has unrealistic expectations. The NFL spoke and does't seem to think so (or were spooked by the off field issues, so again, STL may have been one of the only teams to take a chance on him - Fisher and Snead took recent chances on Ogletree in the first and Jenkins in the second, among other players with off-field red flags). It doesn't look like teams were beating his door down, inundating him with starting roles and lavishing him with lucrative contract offers. Reportedly (don't have a link, but might have been from a STL writer like Wagoner or Thomas) NE at first showed interest but withdrew due to lingering concerns about his knee once they looked at it. If so, was that one of the "great opportunities" you were counting?

Elsewhere in the thread (not from you, but I'll address it here), the issue came up that Bradford's numbers were inflated in 2013 due to high passing TD numbers, in order to diminish or dismiss them. This is a common critique. What isn't usually brought up is the context.

I find the critique typical in viewing this fact purely through a negative lens and in a one sided manner (it was a fluke).

Stacy only had 1 carry in the first month, and didn't become a starter until about the fifth game. He is their best RB, Richardson and Pead aren't that good. Maybe they would have had more rushing TDs during the starting QBs seven games if Stacy started immediately (ya think)? But maybe the overall offense would have moved the ball better, too, more drives could been sustained, more red zone visits, and while some of the passing TDs he had could have turned into rushing TDs for Stacy, more scoring opportunities in general could have just led to a similar number of passing TDs (albeit with a lower overall pass/run score ratio).

We should at least consider the possibility it didn't "help" Bradford to have maybe the most incompetent running game in the league the first month of the season.

If it's not stedman bailey, then the Rams still need a WR Bradford can absolutely rely on as seeming to catch everything. It's essential when a QB is under pressure and would give the Rams the confidence to take risks like throwing to britt and cook and "let's see what austin can do." Without that guy they look like a playground group of WRs, not professionals. Britt and Cook are the NFL's versions of heart breakers. I could totally see Fisher and Bradford's careers in STL ending if Britt drops balls as frequently as he did in TEN. It's so demoralizing there's no way that "a drop" seems like a significant enough description. If Britt plays like he did in TEN and is relied upon in STL, there's going to be a lot of Rams fans needing new TVs.

Britt was obviously going to be a longshot no matter where he lands IMO -- I think that by far the most likely outcome has him never returning to his 2010 / 2011 form due to multiple knee injuries.

That said, there is a chance that he just needed time to recover, or wasn't given a fair shake, or whatever -- and IMO 2010 / 2011 Kenny Britt is good enough to play a huge role on 32 / 32 NFL teams. In my view, if he's lost significant ability, the team situation is irrelevant -- he's worthless. If the guy from his 2nd / 3rd year shows up, competition is close to irrelevant -- that guy was dominant.

I'm not going to debate Bradford here, but whatever the reason, he has been very unfriendly for WRs. No WR has ever hit even 700 yards with Bradford, so even if 2010 / 2011 Britt does show up, his FF value is in the crapper in all probability. 2010 / 2011 Britt in NE, Washington, or Carolina would light it up statistically.

Britt has had one good game in nearly three years and he clearly hasn't been the same player since his ACL.

doowain said:
Coeur de Lion said:
FF Ninja said:
Sabertooth said:
huh
Do I really need to unpack that for you? Or did you just ignore the first part of the sentence?
Ohh, I didn't ignore it.

Elsewhere in the thread (not from you, but I'll address it here), the issue came up that Bradford's numbers were inflated in 2013 due to high passing TD numbers, in order to diminish or dismiss them. This is a common critique. What isn't usually brought up is the context.I find the critique typical in viewing this fact purely through a negative lens and in a one sided manner (it was a fluke).
Sigh... it was only a matter of time before you showed up to make excuses for Bradford. Considering he was on pace for an NFL record for goal line passing TDs, yes, it absolutely was a fluke. Thus, Bradford's PPG last year should not be a reason for optimism this year. I'd like to believe Britt and Bradford will light it up next year, as I'm sure both can be had extremely cheaply in all formats, but I can't say I have much faith in either of them, particularly Bradford, and Britt can't do anything without a QB. However, as you said, it is encouraging that his former coach is the one that signed him.

huh
Ohh, I didn't ignore it.
So it's a problem with comprehension Got it.

huh
Ohh, I didn't ignore it.
No. Let's stop taking pot shots at each other. When you talk about ability, what in specific are you referring to? Because this dude doesn't have ability to succeed in the NFL as a WR. That's basically the most important ability you need as a WR.

huh
Ohh, I didn't ignore it.
No. Let's stop taking pot shots at each other. When you talk about ability, what in specific are you referring to? Because this dude doesn't have ability to succeed in the NFL as a WR. That's basically the most important ability you need as a WR.
Physical ability, assuming long term effects of injuries aren't an issue.

For future reference, when someone mentions ability in discussing an NFL player, 99/100 times they are referring to their physical ability.

And it wasn't my intention to exchange shots. You were being deliberately obtuse with your "huh" response. If you'd have just led with the above bolded question this would've shaken out differently.

huh
Ohh, I didn't ignore it.
Physical ability, assuming long term effects of injuries aren't an issue.

For future reference, when someone mentions ability in discussing an NFL player, 99/100 times they are referring to their physical ability.

And it wasn't my intention to exchange shots. You were being deliberately obtuse with your "huh" response. If you'd have just led with the above bolded question this would've shaken out differently.
Did you ever watch that doc about Jimmy Johnson? He once said "Hit me in the head the next time I draft a dumb guy". Later in that scene, he was speaking to Bill Belicick about how many failures on the field aren't physical, but are mental mistakes. If you told either of those guys that Kenny Britt has WR1 talent, they'd probably scoff because you are poorly applying that word. If you want to say physical ability, then say that. If you want to use an open ended term like "ability" then the open ended function of it will be applied. YW

Because this dude probably doesn't have ability to succeed in the NFL as a WR anymore. That's basically the most important ability you need as a WR.
FYP.
Meh. His best year was something like 750 yards. You can scratch out the anymore. Of course the probably can be added to any statement on this message board, the utility of that is questionable. Britt's been in the league for 5 years now, and has scratched out 150 catches. There isn't much ability there.

Because this dude probably doesn't have ability to succeed in the NFL as a WR anymore. That's basically the most important ability you need as a WR.
FYP.
Meh. His best year was something like 750 yards. You can scratch out the anymore. Of course the probably can be added to any statement on this message board, the utility of that is questionable. Britt's been in the league for 5 years now, and has scratched out 150 catches. There isn't much ability there.
When a player has been injured, using year end volume stats to paint the "not much ability" picture is pretty spectacularly weak, even for you. There's nothing even remotely "meh" about the 70 yards and .8 TDs / game Britt averaged during the 15 games he was healthy for in 2010 - 2011. Those are easy FF WR1 PPG numbers. Calling him a moron, a criminal, injury prone, saying he looked washed up the last two years, etc. is legitimate. Saying he never could play is revisionist and inaccurate.

FYP.
When a player has been injured, using year end volume stats to paint the "not much ability" picture is pretty spectacularly weak, even for you. There's nothing even remotely "meh" about the 70 yards and .8 TDs / game Britt averaged during the 15 games he was healthy for in 2010 - 2011. Those are easy FF WR1 PPG numbers. Calling him a moron, a criminal, injury prone, saying he looked washed up the last two years, etc. is legitimate. Saying he never could play is revisionist and inaccurate.
Again with the pot shots. Please stop that. Again, and it's the same issue that doowain had. You guys keep looking past important reasons why he fails and dream about this Kenny Britt that doesn't exist. This is probably why you fail. The player is the player. He isn't the player minus traits you don't like.

I'll add that giving 70 yds, .8TD/game means exactly squat because that was a such a brief moment in time. He REAL per game averages are 42 yards, .3TD/game, which is hardly worth defending. Of course you'll ignore that because you didn't like those stats. You are merely another person that twists numbers to fit whatever garbage you subjectively want to support. Try to go into these things a more of an open mind and less proclivity to lie with stats. Those stats were bush league, and you know it.

FYP.
Again with the pot shots. Please stop that. Again, and it's the same issue that doowain had. You guys keep looking past important reasons why he fails and dream about this Kenny Britt that doesn't exist. This is probably why you fail. The player is the player. He isn't the player minus traits you don't like.

I'll add that giving 70 yds, .8TD/game means exactly squat because that was a such a brief moment in time. He REAL per game averages are 42 yards, .3TD/game, which is hardly worth defending. Of course you'll ignore that because you didn't like those stats. You are merely another person that twists numbers to fit whatever garbage you subjectively want to support. Try to go into these things a more of an open mind and less proclivity to lie with stats. Those stats were bush league, and you know it.
Right but pre-injury Britt showed massive potential I thought. After a promising 2010 where he put up almost 800 yds and 9 TD's as a 22 year old, he opened up his age 23 season with games of 135 yds/2 TD's and 136 yds/1 TD. So, that is the pre-injury Britt who put up very encouraging numbers. Using the numbers that he put up after the injury and even last year when his situation was just a disaster doesn't fully show the dude's upside. It's not dreaming about the Kenny Britt that doesn't exist. It's dreaming about the Kenny Britt that flashed dominance off and on in 2010 and opened up 2011 like a beast.

With that said, it has been a few years and we haven't even seen one sign of hope since then. Off the top of my head I think he has only had one good game since the injury. I think the dude is done and will only fizzle out in St. Louis but I at least can acknowledge that the guy had real potential prior to injury. Then again, with his work ethic and off the field problems, he likely would have found a different way to throw in the towel if he didn't tear his ACL. Would have just been something else that caused it. ACL's are the real deal though so if you're not serious about rehabbing the right way and working hard towards getting back into game shape, it's never going to happen.

FYP.

Once again you are missing the point. No one is questioning the fact that he has (and may still be) a knucklehead. But claiming that the guy did not/does not have the physical ability of a dominant WR1 is simply not true.

No one is twisting stats. You are mistaken. I don't know the reasons he was so grossly misused last year. Do you? We can speculate, sure. Maybe the injuries have zapped all of his ability he flashed prior. Maybe the coaching staff had just moved on from him. Maybe he was still showing the knucklheaded tendencies. All MAYBES. I don't remember reading anything out of Tennessee that told us specifically why he wasn't on the field last year. You want to include those games into his average, go for it. I do not.

One thing that is absolutely telling to me is that his former coach (the coach who drafted him and whom he played for when he was ascending) brought him to STL. Not to mention he clearly passed the physical prior to signing. What that means, I don't know. I'm not a doctor and I wasn't there for the physical.

Again, you can say he never had the "ability" to play WR in the NFL. That is your right...and your opinion. The results say otherwise. It's possible that you have the "what have you done for me lately" mentality. And that's fine. I, however, look beyond that and know that the Kenny Britt of 2010-2011 was an absolute monster on the rise. If, and it's a big IF, his head is finally on straight, his knees are truly healthy, and he's committed to football, there isn't a WR on the Rams roster that can hold a candle to him, IMO. It's as simple as that.

Right but pre-injury Britt showed massive potential I thought. After a promising 2010 where he put up almost 800 yds and 9 TD's as a 22 year old, he opened up his age 23 season with games of 135 yds/2 TD's and 136 yds/1 TD. So, that is the pre-injury Britt who put up very encouraging numbers. Using the numbers that he put up after the injury and even last year when his situation was just a disaster doesn't fully show the dude's upside. It's not dreaming about the Kenny Britt that doesn't exist. It's dreaming about the Kenny Britt that flashed dominance off and on in 2010 and opened up 2011 like a beast.

With that said, it has been a few years and we haven't even seen one sign of hope since then. Off the top of my head I think he has only had one good game since the injury. I think the dude is done and will only fizzle out in St. Louis but I at least can acknowledge that the guy had real potential prior to injury. Then again, with his work ethic and off the field problems, he likely would have found a different way to throw in the towel if he didn't tear his ACL. Would have just been something else that caused it. ACL's are the real deal though so if you're not serious about rehabbing the right way and working hard towards getting back into game shape, it's never going to happen.
IMO pre-injury Britt was what Gordon is today. If you look at what he did the last 3 games of 2010 (#5 WR) and the first two games of 2011 (#3 WR) he was headed towards stud status. However, he didn't rehab his knee and he's a shadow of his former self. Maybe he can get it back but there's nothing to indicate he has the determination to do it.

No one is twisting stats. You are mistaken. I don't know the reasons he was so grossly misused last year. Do you? We can speculate, sure.
I am with you in that at one point he displayed WR1 abilities, but the whole "misused" characterization is hurting the credibility of the argument as a whole. He wasn't "misused" at all. He was given a fair amount of opportunity early on in 2013, and looked HORRIBLE. If anything, he wasn't pulled soon enough. Drops are drops, and no amount of excuses makes them go away. He also wasn't getting open, and wasn't running well after the catch (what few there were). Other than that, he looked great. ;)

So please, make the case that at one point he looked like a very different receiver. Make the case that he could find his way out of the muck. But don't say he was misused last year. He SUCKED last year.

No one is twisting stats. You are mistaken. I don't know the reasons he was so grossly misused last year. Do you? We can speculate, sure.
I am with you in that at one point he displayed WR1 abilities, but the whole "misused" characterization is hurting the credibility of the argument as a whole. He wasn't "misused" at all. He was given a fair amount of opportunity early on in 2013, and looked HORRIBLE. If anything, he wasn't pulled soon enough. Drops are drops, and no amount of excuses makes them go away. He also wasn't getting open, and wasn't running well after the catch (what few there were). Other than that, he looked great. ;)

So please, make the case that at one point he looked like a very different receiver. Make the case that he could find his way out of the muck. But don't say he was misused last year. He SUCKED last year.
"Misused" is a subjective term. You read it that way. I meant it to be that he played 298 of 1074 offensive snaps and had 35 targets. Granted, he did nothing with that "opportunity".

It's pretty clear that last year both Britt and the Titans had moved on from each other.

ETA: Also, the "misused" term wasn't the point of my post, so I'm not sure why you made that a focal point of a reply.

FYP.

Once again you are missing the point. No one is questioning the fact that he has (and may still be) a knucklehead. But claiming that the guy did not/does not have the physical ability of a dominant WR1 is simply not true.

No one is twisting stats. You are mistaken. I don't know the reasons he was so grossly misused last year. Do you? We can speculate, sure. Maybe the injuries have zapped all of his ability he flashed prior. Maybe the coaching staff had just moved on from him. Maybe he was still showing the knucklheaded tendencies. All MAYBES. I don't remember reading anything out of Tennessee that told us specifically why he wasn't on the field last year. You want to include those games into his average, go for it. I do not.

One thing that is absolutely telling to me is that his former coach (the coach who drafted him and whom he played for when he was ascending) brought him to STL. Not to mention he clearly passed the physical prior to signing. What that means, I don't know. I'm not a doctor and I wasn't there for the physical.

Again, you can say he never had the "ability" to play WR in the NFL. That is your right...and your opinion. The results say otherwise. It's possible that you have the "what have you done for me lately" mentality. And that's fine. I, however, look beyond that and know that the Kenny Britt of 2010-2011 was an absolute monster on the rise. If, and it's a big IF, his head is finally on straight, his knees are truly healthy, and he's committed to football, there isn't a WR on the Rams roster that can hold a candle to him, IMO. It's as simple as that.
Thanks for being civil, I appreciate that! I am still learning English, so please understand that my sound might be worse than I intend.

I don't know the specific reason he didn't play last year, but I know that NFL coaches want to win football games. And to win football games, you need your best players playing. The coach thought he wasn't going to help the team win. Whether any of us know the specific reason he didn't play doesn't matter because he failed last year, and badly. You can choose to not count last year, but that's on you not anyone else. The stats are official.

I have a hard time believing that a tiny segment of his career (8 games) shows that he has WR1 ability. At what point would you say a player has WR1 ability? game 1? 2? 5? 10? (obviously less than 10).

You can post again and tell me how wrong I am and I'll let it go. I've said as much as I can about this guy. Fantasy and NFL wise, I think we've seen the best from him already, and he is more or less a waste of a roster spot now. I am glad other people disagree with me, because that means more good players for me.

IMO pre-injury Britt was what Gordon is today. If you look at what he did the last 3 games of 2010 (#5 WR) and the first two games of 2011 (#3 WR) he was headed towards stud status. However, he didn't rehab his knee and he's a shadow of his former self. Maybe he can get it back but there's nothing to indicate he has the determination to do it.
This is exactly where I'm at with Britt. I think the most likely outcome is that he's a shell of his former self due to the injuries / lazy rehab -- he might show flashes but is probably just one among the many Rams' WRs with 500 - 700 yards / handful of TDs -- so FF garbage. I do think he's worth a roster spot, still, because he is only 25, and on the (admittedly small and shrinking by the day) chance that he can recapture the old magic. That chance is greater than the Marvin McNutts and Jacoby Jones' floating around on the WW in my deeper dynasty leagues, at least.

Users who are viewing this thread