What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Keto II (1 Viewer)

Crashed out of ketosis last night like the Patriots in the 4th quarter. I ate all the carbs. Slept like crap, full of gas this morning, 8lbs heavier on the scale than 48 hours ago. I am bloated and cranky. 

Going to drink a ton of coffee and hit the meat buffet on the Plaza tonight to right the ship.  I don't function well on processed food. Not worth the convenience. 

Went up four pounds from my state fair and over all cheat weekend (170 to 174).  After two days of good eating, back down to 171 by Friday.  I'll take it.

That's the thing w Keto. Zero gas. Like ever. Also cleared up my chronic acid reflux (Gerd). Haven't needed my medicine for that in months. 

Crazy what just eating less processed foods does for other parts of your body. 

Not joking....day ONE of Keto, my heartburn left.  I have not had it since.  If I didn't lose a lb, this result might be worth it.
Mine is being stubborn, but it's down to "occasional minor annoyance" levels at this point.  Probably have to drop some more pounds before it goes away completely.

Weed fat bombs are the shiznit.

1/2 cup cannabis infused coconut oil

1/2 cup almond butter

3 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder

dash of vanilla extract

stevia to taste

Melt all ingredients together, mix well, pour into silicone molds and freeze. Whoooooa nelly I'm pretty mashed right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I started keto back, for the umpteenth time,  on Monday. Everything has been going well. This time around I've decided to do intermittent fasting, eating between 3 and 9 pm only. I also started back working out on Monday. The muscle cramps have been hell. 

Monday - Chicken thighs and cheesy broccoli 

Tuesday - left over chicken thighs and cheesy spinach 

Wednesday - zucchini pasta dish. this was very good. I bought one of those things that cuts your zucchini up like noodles. 

Thursday - left over zucchini dish. also made a cauliflower based pepperoni pizza. 

Friday - keto chicken tenders made with almond flower and fresh green beans sautéed in butter and garlic topped with grated parmesan cheese. 

Weekends are always hard for me, but I made enough tenders to last I think. 

I just came across low carb mozzarella sticks and I will definitely be trying those out this weekend. 

I didn't weight myself before I started, I should have. I'll step on the scale Sunday night and start from there. 

I drink a ton of water and Powerade Zero. 

I started keto back, for the umpteenth time,  on Monday. Everything has been going well. This time around I've decided to do intermittent fasting, eating between 3 and 9 pm only. I also started back working out on Monday. The muscle cramps have been hell. 

Monday - Chicken thighs and cheesy broccoli 

Tuesday - left over chicken thighs and cheesy spinach 

Wednesday - zucchini pasta dish. this was very good. I bought one of those things that cuts your zucchini up like noodles. 

Thursday - left over zucchini dish. also made a cauliflower based pepperoni pizza. 

Friday - keto chicken tenders made with almond flower and fresh green beans sautéed in butter and garlic topped with grated parmesan cheese. 

Weekends are always hard for me, but I made enough tenders to last I think. 

I just came across low carb mozzarella sticks and I will definitely be trying those out this weekend. 

I didn't weight myself before I started, I should have. I'll step on the scale Sunday night and start from there. 

I drink a ton of water and Powerade Zero. 
I would like to get a spiralizer and try some veggie noodles.  Right now I'm just using frozen bags of veggies and then throw some cheese and salsa on top and eat with a fork.  

Weekends are tough - I drink a ton of coffee and try to make less bad choices.  I'll be at a cub scout deal all day today (after kids soccer and sleepover pickup) - I'm most likely just going to skip eating until I get home tonight around 10.  My body still carries enough fat that I can go a couple hours without dying.  2 quarts of coffee can carry me pretty far.

Crashed out of ketosis last night like the Patriots in the 4th quarter. I ate all the carbs. Slept like crap, full of gas this morning, 8lbs heavier on the scale than 48 hours ago. I am bloated and cranky. 

Going to drink a ton of coffee and hit the meat buffet on the Plaza tonight to right the ship.  I don't function well on processed food. Not worth the convenience. 
How is that even possible?

Low carb high fat diet.

Thought there was a no bean two meat lots of spicy flavor recipe earlier today. Maybe I dreamed it. 
No, there was - I posted it in the Lucky Dog Hot Sauce topic. 

Is that topic still a topic? Hmm

nwver heard of keto, but I think that recipe qualifies? 

:)  

Low carb high fat diet.

Thought there was a no bean two meat lots of spicy flavor recipe earlier today. Maybe I dreamed it. 
Tried to view a post that was liked on the topic and it appears to no longer be a topic. 

Sorry - was a good recipe. Would be a lot to type it again. Sigh 

Tried to view a post that was liked on the topic and it appears to no longer be a topic. 

Sorry - was a good recipe. Would be a lot to type it again. Sigh 
You need to start a hot sauce thread. That way it can't get accidentally (or purposely) deleted.  

I am going to get some pork and beef and drop it in the slow cooker this morning.  Tennis, soccer, Lego Ninja movie, Chili con carne - Sunday Funday!  

You need to start a hot sauce thread. That way it can't get accidentally (or purposely) deleted.  

I am going to get some pork and beef and drop it in the slow cooker this morning.  Tennis, soccer, Lego Ninja movie, Chili con carne - Sunday Funday!  
I may start a spicy food thread  at some point. 

I suspect the mods deleted the hot sauce one because of the commercial aspect (one of the reasons I've always been careful about not spamming the place)

hopefully no one got in trouble for that topic. 

Gravy is awesome, but thick. I will use less thickening powder next time. Biscuits are very dry, they work well with the gravy though and wouldn't be good on their own. They would be good for chicken and dumplings, or hot roast beef/turkey type meals. Overall not bad, still prefer the real thing, but here is to getting healthier!

Nugget said:
Looks awesome.  I love slow cooked meats on top of broccoli or cauliflower with toppings.   
It was great. I recommend it to everyone trying Keto. Followed the recipe exactly except, we used banana peppers instead of jalapenos, and chicken instead of steak.

Back on board starting today.  Wife wants to start some gimmick diet with shakes and I told her about how well Keto worked for me in the spring.  She think she'll lose more than me on her "shake diet".  The gauntlet has been thrown and I'll enjoy laughing at her shakes as I eat all the eggs, sausage, bacon, steaks, veggies, and cheeses I can throw on my plate.  

That Nachos recipe looks fantastic!  Not a big cauliflower fan, but I may have to try that one out.   :thumbup:

Back on board starting today.  Wife wants to start some gimmick diet with shakes and I told her about how well Keto worked for me in the spring.  She think she'll lose more than me on her "shake diet".  The gauntlet has been thrown and I'll enjoy laughing at her shakes as I eat all the eggs, sausage, bacon, steaks, veggies, and cheeses I can throw on my plate.  

That Nachos recipe looks fantastic!  Not a big cauliflower fan, but I may have to try that one out.   :thumbup:
No one in our house has liked substituting cauliflower in for potatoes or rice,. It isn't t that we won't substitute things in, we love the zucchini for pasta, but the mushy cauliflower was gross to everyone. This was good, we roasted the cauliflower for 23 minutes and it was good, but next time we are going to go about 5 more minutes for that extra crisp. 

A couple great recipes the last two days.

First we made our own fish fry

Almond flour, 1/2 cup of beer, onion powder, garlic, season salt, pepper, and one egg into a bowl and then dipped cod in it and fried it in coconut oil. Cut them in nugget size pieces and cooked them for 3 to 4 minutes. Homemade tartar sauce, some mayo, dill relish and a little spicy mustard.

Did this recipe today and it was awesome.

https://www.ruled.me/one-pot-shrimp-alfredo/

This recipe was outstanding!!!

I think I might have found the cure to my candy cravings. Tic Tacs

Read through the first three pages and the old thread/google probably have plenty of tips but since the collective minds here are usually on the ball, is there a fairly decent starter guide so to speak for this that anyone recommends? Or just any random google search will do as the results will be largely the same?

Or just dont eat carbs, eat meat and veggies, done.
Started sometime around 7-10 days after this post around 250ish and currently around 211ish give or take. Obviously very happy with the progress so far, but in the past month ive gone from 217 to 211. Ive hit a couple patches where I would be fairly stagnant for several weeks then over the course of a week or two lose like five pounds, then stagnant again then lose another five in the same time frame. Just seeing if this is relatively normal for most? Truth is I have been doing very lazy keto for a month or two now, just essentially having a feel for how much I can eat of things, watching mostly to keep carbs low/under 20 and thats about it. I wonder if I got back to tracking every bite if the weight would start to drop somewhat quicker again or if its just a matter of as you reach your goal it simply happens slower.

Besides that I am going to begin weight training within the week (have done this really with zero exercise) and will probably throw in walking more frequently than the here and there that I do it now and thatll probably help too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Started September 4th at 255. Sitting today at 225. I was stuck on 230 up until Monday and the weight has been melting off or someone is screwing around with my scale. I had a chance to read the whole thread. Great info and links in here. Thanks for starting this Keerock.

Started sometime around 7-10 days after this post around 250ish and currently around 211ish give or take. Obviously very happy with the progress so far, but in the past month ive gone from 217 to 211. Ive hit a couple patches where I would be fairly stagnant for several weeks then over the course of a week or two lose like five pounds, then stagnant again then lose another five in the same time frame. Just seeing if this is relatively normal for most? Truth is I have been doing very lazy keto for a month or two now, just essentially having a feel for how much I can eat of things, watching mostly to keep carbs low/under 20 and thats about it. Ica wonder if I got back to tracking every bite if the weight would start to drop somewhat quicker again or if its just a matter of as you reach your goal it simply happens slower.

Besides that I am going to begin weight training within the week (have done this really with zero exercise) and will probably throw in walking more frequently than the here and there that I do it now and thatll probably help too.

Gotta really watch the vegetables - stay away from root vegs most of the time - lots of carbs.  

I've ended up going to a modified low carb diet that may not be Keto anymore.  I'm not testing for ketones and I've ended up trying some potential internet quackery.

I've been reading up on the gut microbiome, probiotics, prebiotics, and overall gut health.  I'm trying to increase my fiber intake, mostly through vegetables, pulses, and seeds.

Basic day when at home

• Coffee and cream from 7am-11am as needed
  • Around lunch time:

2 tbsp of resistant starch - right now a combo of Potato Starch and Tapioca Flour
  • 1 oz of Raw Apple Cider Vinegar mixed in water
  • Probiotic pill
  • Salad

[*]Snacks

• Pumpkin Seeds with shells
  • salami
  • string cheese

[*]Dinner

• Usually a bag of frozen brocolli or cauliflower tossed with salsa, wing sauce, tomato sauce
  • Some type of protein - carnitas, steak, ground beef

[*]After dinner cravings

• Dark chocolate - 85-90% caco

I've been maintaining my weight right around 182.  I'm going to try to push to 175 after Thanksgiving.  Bought a new swim suit yesterday with a 34" waist - the 38" are in the spring give-away box.  

Basic day when at home

• Coffee and cream from 7am-11am as needed
  • Around lunch time:

2 tbsp of resistant starch - right now a combo of Potato Starch and Tapioca Flour
  • 1 oz of Raw Apple Cider Vinegar mixed in water
  • Probiotic pill
  • Salad

[*]Snacks

• Pumpkin Seeds with shells
  • salami
  • string cheese

[*]Dinner

• Usually a bag of frozen brocolli or cauliflower tossed with salsa, wing sauce, tomato sauce
  • Some type of protein - carnitas, steak, ground beef

[*]After dinner cravings

• Dark chocolate - 85-90% caco  
i think I’d rather be fat 

Jumping back in.  I passed my stop gap level of gaining five pounds since the last Otis compeition ended.  I lost 30 pounds on the year, but I added seven back on now.  Time to jump back in and get down to 170 again.

Still going strong, even with Thanksgiving. Ate lean and snuck in a piece of pie or two. Still at 224 and the kettle bell workouts are going great. :hifive:
Im in the Otis TM bulking phase, getting ready for January 1st. Apparently, my mutant superpower is losing/gaining weight faster than mere mortals. Good to hear you’ve kept it up. 

Users who are viewing this thread