What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kevin Jones (1 Viewer)

Well like I said earlier he had pretty decent production last week. If given the carries you could be proved wrong. Not saying it is a fact but there is a pretty decent chance.

And no im not a Lion fan but I wouldn't talk to much #### about them being your a Bears fan.

If memory serves me correctly they beat down the Bears in thier backyard.
If being the absolute worst runner out of all the starting RBs is good enough for you, then great! Glad he's on your team and not mine. Kevin Jones is fairly big but, can't block nor is he considered a "power" back. He's relatively quick but, has no patience. He has pretty good hands but, Detroit doesn't utilize them. He tries to be a playmaker (i.e. backfield dancer) but, has no offensive line to give him time. All of this adds up to a less than mediocre back who will be a bye week filler and nothing more.Seeing as this is a "Kevin Jones" thread, I'd encourage you to start a different thread dedicated to your Chicago jabs. I'd love to have fun with your complete cluelessness in that category, as well.

To try and tie the two topics together though, how's this for you? Chicago has got one of the weaker run defenses in the league and still shut Kevin Jones up. Limiting Jones to 36 yards on 15 carries. There's some good production! :popcorn:

Well like I said earlier he had pretty decent production last week. If given the carries you could be proved wrong. Not saying it is a fact but there is a pretty decent chance.

And no im not a Lion fan but I wouldn't talk to much #### about them being your a Bears fan.

If being the absolute worst runner out of all the starting RBs is good enough for you, then great! Glad he's on your team and not mine. Kevin Jones is fairly big but, can't block nor is he considered a "power" back. He's relatively quick but, has no patience. He has pretty good hands but, Detroit doesn't utilize them. He tries to be a playmaker (i.e. backfield dancer) but, has no offensive line to give him time. All of this adds up to a less than mediocre back who will be a bye week filler and nothing more.Seeing as this is a "Kevin Jones" thread, I'd encourage you to start a different thread dedicated to your Chicago jabs. I'd love to have fun with your complete cluelessness in that category, as well.

To try and tie the two topics together though, how's this for you? Chicago has got one of the weaker run defenses in the league and still shut Kevin Jones up. Limiting Jones to 36 yards on 15 carries. There's some good production! :popcorn:
Okay this is my last reply to you.Kevin Jones will finish better than Thomas Jones the rest of the year (TJ) is on my team.

Your team the Bears suck badly and I was stating don't talk #### about other teams when your team is bottom of the barrell. I will string as many topics in one post as I feel.

And finally Brian U is the most overated player to play any defensive position. He also has no Morales as he ran off on his wife with Paris Hilton.

So your hero is an overated, wife cheating, always hurt, plays for a horrid team,wannabe Takeo Spikes, loser.

So if BU is God of your world I feel pretty sorry for you. You should pick someone like the Bears all pro QB or your really good Wr or better yet your 2.5 ypc A-train

1. Fat chance. You like to run your mouth too much for this to be your last reply.2. Thomas Jones' numbers will destroy Kevin Jones'. Nice try on that whole "reverse karma" thing. Even contemplating Kevin being better than Thomas exemplifies your ignorance.3. Bears are not "bottom of the barrell". As a matter of fact, they are above Detroit and just 1 game out of first in the NFC North. Keep stringing your topics along...I find your comments to be a good source of chuckles.4. 4 Years in the league...4 Pro-Bowls. No morales? Didn't know we were playing the the St. Vincent's Monestary League. You jealous? I'd run off with Paris Hilton, too.5. The fact that you are trying to compare Urlacher to Spikes again displays your infinite ignorance. MLB vs. OLB. But, if you want to play the numbers game, let's roll. Urlacher smokes Spikes.6. Always hurt? If he has posted the career numbers that he has and he's been hurt this whole time, I wonder what a healthy Brian Urlacher could do? :popcorn: 7. Our back-up RB (A-Train) has actually averaged 3.3 ypc this year. Not bad for a back-up. Just 0.2 ypc less than KJ. Pretty sad considering KJ is supposed to be the starter. Don't use the "rookie" excuse with KJ. If you want to try to throw A-Train in my face, how about I throw him right back in yours? A-Train averaged 4.3 ypc as a rookie. Where's your excuse now?

I'd run off with Paris Hilton, too.
This single statement makes me question your judgement, and implies that your other comments are not worth the pixels they're made of. Care to reconsider?

This single statement makes me question your judgement, and implies that your other comments are not worth the pixels they're made of. Care to reconsider?
I'm not married nor am I currently dating anyone. So, why would my desire to run off with Paris Hilton discredit my judgement? :popcorn:

I'm not married nor am I currently dating anyone. So, why would my desire to run off with Paris Hilton discredit my judgement? :rolleyes:
Whether you're married or not, hilton is an overhyped underbrained dog. I wouldn't touch her with yours. That's why.edited to add: :rolleyes: back at ya

Last edited by a moderator:
Thomas Jones is having a very good season, but the performance of A-Train shows that the offensive line and the system deservese some credit for his success.Meanwhile, nobody has been able to run behind the Lions line this year, although K.Jones has shown signs of life in the past couple weeks.Both look like promising RBs for the future.

I'm not married nor am I currently dating anyone. So, why would my desire to run off with Paris Hilton discredit my judgement? :rolleyes:
Whether you're married or not, hilton is an overhyped underbrained dog. I wouldn't touch her with yours. That's why.
Sounds like someone would rather wake up next to Urlacher than Hilton...NTTATWWT

Whether you're married or not, hilton is an overhyped underbrained dog. I wouldn't touch her with yours. That's why.
Sounds like someone would rather wake up next to Urlacher than Hilton...NTTATWWT
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

His stats are fine for a rookie on a poor offense. 3.5 YPC isn't good, but that's all Ricky Williams averaged his last season in Miami and everyone called him a stud. Jones is in a similar situation as a RB on a team with a weak OL and a weak QB. I'm not saying Jones is as talented as Ricky, but I think he's doing ok when you consider all the factors. Backs generally improve in their second year in the league. If Jones can get his YPC up to about 3.8 this season then I think it will qualify as a solid rookie year. I look for a nice 2005 from him if Detroit can get the passing game going.
interesting post... I think his YPC is 3.84 right now and although he probably won't reach 1000 this year, I predict he'll finish the season with a YPC just around 4.0...If he can improve on that next year, I'll be :thumbup:

I've watched every Detroit game thus far and I really like what I saw from Jones today. He ran very hard. He was too tentative and undecisive in every game before today. Very good sign for those owners that have Jones in keeper or dynasty leagues.

I'm just glad to see he's finally performing the way I expected him to. Next year is going to be a huge year for him if the Lions improve the OL and are able to keep the defense out of the backfield.

Don’t look now but Kevin Jones is averaging 4.3 ypc behind an “offensive” line119 507 4.3He better get 25+ carries this week at home vs. ArizonaFor jwvdcw's sake here is Pinners career numbers behind that same "offensive" line96 273 2.8Jones dynasty owners I think your safe.....

Don’t look now but Kevin Jones is averaging 4.3 ypc behind an “offensive” line119 507 4.3He better get 25+ carries this week at home vs. ArizonaFor jwvdcw's sake here is Pinners career numbers behind that same "offensive" line96 273 2.8Jones dynasty owners I think your safe.....
Where is JWCDDFRESDSERESS? Haven't seen him in a while. 100 yards two weeks in a row has got to hurt!!! I miss bumping that other thread... :brush:

To try and tie the two topics together though, how's this for you? Chicago has got one of the weaker run defenses in the league and still shut Kevin Jones up. Limiting Jones to 36 yards on 15 carries. There's some good production! :rolleyes:
Where are you now UrlacherIsDog? Still willing to stick with KJ being the worst starting in the NFL?

Where is JWCDDFRESDSERESS? Haven't seen him in a while. 100 yards two weeks in a row has got to hurt!!! I miss bumping that other thread... :brush:
Is kind of funny, isn't it?

It always comes back to haunt me when I say this, but I can't resist this week. I think Kevin Jones finally goes off for a monster game, maybe 130+ and 2 TDs. Detroit is pathetic, but Arizona is worse. The Cardinals will stink up the field regardless of who's under center. A close game means more carries for KJ. If he can maintain his YPC of the past two weeks over the course of 25 carries then he should light it up.

Don’t look now but Kevin Jones is averaging 4.3 ypc behind an  “offensive” line119  507  4.3He better get 25+ carries this week at home vs. ArizonaFor jwvdcw's sake here is Pinners career numbers  behind that same "offensive" line96 273 2.8Jones dynasty owners I think your safe.....
Is kind of funny, isn't it?
Jones has looked awesome the last few weeks but hasn't gotten a lot of carries. The Lions Offense, if we can call it that, has been nothing without Jones and he's been their best player the last few weeks without question. Those who dissed K. Jones won't come out of the woodwork until he has a bad game or gets dinged up and Pinner pulls the splinters out of his butt from the bench and gets in the game. Jones should do well this week if he gets the carries. I'm starting him this week, we'll see...

It always comes back to haunt me when I say this, but I can't resist this week. I think Kevin Jones finally goes off for a monster game, maybe 130+ and 2 TDs. Detroit is pathetic, but Arizona is worse. The Cardinals will stink up the field regardless of who's under center. A close game means more carries for KJ. If he can maintain his YPC of the past two weeks over the course of 25 carries then he should light it up.
Over the last two games Jones can't have had more than 10 second-half carries. More carries plus more RZ opportunities give KJ his best matchup of the year. I'm tearing my hair out trying to decide between him and JJ this week.

Over the last two games Jones can't have had more than 10 second-half carries. More carries plus more RZ opportunities give KJ his best matchup of the year. I'm tearing my hair out trying to decide between him and JJ this week.
I have the same dilemna. JJ or KJ. Droughns is my other RB starting.KJ has a better matchup on paper, JJ has been getting the rock more. Decision, decisions.

ahhh... this matchup vs the cards is very enticing, but can i really start him over thomas jones, curtis martin and onterrio smith? :wall:

my late season surge of kevin jones and willis mcgahee has me in good position to make a run in the playoffs.. edge and chris brown are my other 2.. 1 rb, 3 rb/wr.. i can finally sit my inconsistent wrs and go full boar with the rbs this week for the first time.

and, damn.. urlacherisgod is looking awefully silly right now.. no wonder he hasnt been back.
Don't you just love guys that run and hide when they are wrong. Guys that can't stand up like a man and say, "I was wrong. I miscalculated. These things happen. I'm human." Instead his board credibility takes a huge hit in my opinion. Being right is easy, but handling being wrong with class is hard to do. UIG needs to work on it....

Thomas Jones' numbers will destroy Kevin Jones'. Nice try on that whole "reverse karma" thing. Even contemplating Kevin being better than Thomas exemplifies your ignorance.
:yes: good call so far
Good call so far? Can anyone tell me how well TJ did in his rookie season? I know he started with the Cards, but he has never produced until this season, which is his what 7th or 8th season? I would have to say KJ has much more promising future barring injury. UIG is just full of hot air!!! :boxing:

UIG is just full of hot air!!! :boxing:
"Hot Air," isn't quite the way I would've put it. Full of something, yes. But there are much more descriptive terms out there, just not very board acceptable.

Thomas Jones' numbers will destroy Kevin Jones'.  Nice try on that whole "reverse karma" thing.  Even contemplating Kevin being better than Thomas exemplifies your ignorance.
:yes: good call so far
Good call so far? Can anyone tell me how well TJ did in his rookie season? I know he started with the Cards, but he has never produced until this season, which is his what 7th or 8th season? I would have to say KJ has much more promising future barring injury. UIG is just full of hot air!!! :boxing:
My quote had a little splash of sarcasm.. If you read above that qoute you will see myself and the great white hype or (uig) battling over this topic.

so, against an Arizona team which has given up the 6th most rushing yards this season (1463 yards given up in 11 games), I can see young KJ continuing on his hot streak and adding another 100 yards to his recent succesful string. The question is if he will start to find the end zone on a more regular basis. 2 TD's for the season just aren't gonna cut it. if it hadn't been for falling behind last week and Mariuci using Bryson in the catch-up situation, KJ would've gone for 140yards... He is well rested now and playing in a game which the Lions should "be in" for 60 minutes.Look for KJ to give us 110yards rushing, 12 yards receiving and a TD this week, as Mariuci give KJ his first 20+ carry game.

so, against an Arizona team which has given up the 6th most rushing yards this season (1463 yards given up in 11 games), I can see young KJ continuing on his hot streak and adding another 100 yards to his recent succesful string. The question is if he will start to find the end zone on a more regular basis. 2 TD's for the season just aren't gonna cut it. if it hadn't been for falling behind last week and Mariuci using Bryson in the catch-up situation, KJ would've gone for 140yards... He is well rested now and playing in a game which the Lions should "be in" for 60 minutes.Look for KJ to give us 110yards rushing, 12 yards receiving and a TD this week, as Mariuci give KJ his first 20+ carry game.
That would be Grrrreat

110 and a TD.......where do I sign up?Lets go KJ... 5 big weeks and we can keep this "rookie rushing for 1000 yards" streak alive.

great call :thumbup: so far, 20 carries for 166 yards and 1 TD

If being the absolute worst runner out of all the starting RBs is good enough for you, then great! Glad he's on your team and not mine. Kevin Jones is fairly big but, can't block nor is he considered a "power" back. He's relatively quick but, has no patience. He has pretty good hands but, Detroit doesn't utilize them. He tries to be a playmaker (i.e. backfield dancer) but, has no offensive line to give him time. All of this adds up to a less than mediocre back who will be a bye week filler and nothing more.
:bag:

If being the absolute worst runner out of all the starting RBs is good enough for you, then great! Glad he's on your team and not mine. Kevin Jones is fairly big but, can't block nor is he considered a "power" back. He's relatively quick but, has no patience. He has pretty good hands but, Detroit doesn't utilize them. He tries to be a playmaker (i.e. backfield dancer) but, has no offensive line to give him time. All of this adds up to a less than mediocre back who will be a bye week filler and nothing more.
:bag:
:rotflmao: CLASSIC!!! Yeah, I bet you wish you had the 27 points he got me today.....Do you like that Crow chilled or would you rather have a steaming pile of it....Where's JCJFESJFRHTKLS? I wanna hear more Pinner Hyping!!!!

Don’t look now but Kevin Jones is averaging 4.3 ypc behind an “offensive” line119 507 4.3He better get 25+ carries this week at home vs. Arizona
he carried 26 times :thumbup:

Great game by Jones yesterday.Can anyone comment on the high quantity of field goals in the game? I know this might fall into the 'beggars can't be choosers' phenomenon, but with more than 200 total yards, I'd sure have liked to see more than one TD from Jones yesterday.Can anybody who saw the game weigh in on the red zone futility? Play calling? Penalties? Why couldn't Detroit seem to punch it in?

I didn't see the game, but check the full play by play on the net and noticed that:- Jones had a 74 yard, but was knocked out of bounds by the last defender. Harrington threw an interception on the next play.- Jones was breaking off big chunks of yards on the Lions last drive. He took the ball down the the Arizona 5. Then the Lions took a knee.Had things broken a little differently, its easy to see him with a few more scores.

Where's all the Kevin Jones haters? :popcorn:
UIG is not coming out of his shell after yesterday!!!!24 carries for 196 yds!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: KJ is doin' it, doin' it, and doin' it well!

UIG is not coming out of his shell after yesterday!!!!24 carries for 196 yds!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: KJ is doin' it, doin' it, and doin' it well!
I would like UIG and JWCDSEESDRE come in here, admit they were wrong and earn back some board cred. As far as I'm concerned those two are jokes.....

I was wrong. :popcorn:However, still not sold on him and would still prefer to have Thomas Jones and/or Urlacher on my squad.

You had better be pimpin' Jones. He's the only bright light on your 4-9 squad over at 12 guys. When you can come close to me and my league leading 12-1 record, then we can talk. Until then....just hush. :sleep:

Users who are viewing this thread