What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kevin Walter Going Forward....... (1 Viewer)

NoCheese

turn or burn
You would think with how good Schaub has been, with defenses double covering Andre Johnson, and now with Owen Daniels out for the year he would be a decent WR3 from here on out. But why isn't he producing? Is Schaub looking his way at all?

was wondering the same thing myself......

I think next week will be the true indicator if Walter will get some of Daniels looks going forward. I am hoping that the mid game adjustments didnt happen because the obviously weren't expecting Daniels to go down.

I'll probably hrow him in there next week because Boildin is down and hope he can fill OD's void.

I can't for the life of me comprehend how worthless he's been, considering how prolific that passing attach has been. Just bottles the mind. Not sure how that changes with Daniels gone, however I'd take a wait and watch approach. Might be that the TE that replaces Daniels gets a lot of looks while Walter remains the same. Unlikely, but its also unlikely that Walter turns into a 80 yards and .66 tds a game stud either...

he started the year banged up, is he still hurt?
Doesn't seem to be. He's in there, getting a few catches here and there. And he looks like the same "hustle" player he has always been. Maybe he's being asked to block a lot more.

If the loss of Daniels doesn't make Walter relevant again, nothing will.

The guy was a rock-solid WR3 last year. He still looks decent, but just isn't getting close to the number of targets. Houston is averaging 35 pass attempts per game, if Walter can get even 7 of those targets going forward, he'll be decent. I believe he's in a contract year too. I say his upside is solid WR3, I'm holding onto him & hoping he gets there.

I'll be buying Slaton this week while his value is at an all time low. Maybe Moats will muscle into his carries some, but that offense is still going to lean on it's 2 best players now - AJ and Stevie

I'll be buying Slaton this week while his value is at an all time low. Maybe Moats will muscle into his carries some, but that offense is still going to lean on it's 2 best players now - AJ and Stevie
If they were going to lean on Slaton going forward, why would they have benched him in the 1st quarter...after 1 fumble? It seems like that was the proverbial "last straw", not an overreaction to 1 fumble. I think Slaton will definitely still see carries and get looks in the passing game, but i'm not convinced they will "lean" on Slaton any longer. Walter should benefit from Daniels' departure. Not sure yet if Slaton's demotion (assuming it's permanent) will help or hurt Walter. I'm sure you could swipe Walter for next to nothing in a trade or he may be dropped this week in many leagues. He's worth a shot, IMO, if you get him for cheap.

I think the person that immediately benefits most from OD's injury is David Anderson. He runs a lot of the same middle-of-the-field stuff that OD does, and when OD went out on Sunday Anderson saw an increase in targets. If Casey comes back healthy for the MNF game that might change, but for this week, I think Anderson could be a sneaky play in a deep PPR league.

Users who are viewing this thread