What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Keyshawn in Dallas next season? (1 Viewer)

Texasmouth

Footballguy
I was hearing rumors about the Cowboys parting ways with keyshawn because he is due a big bonus if he is on the roster June 1st. I saw an article on ESPN about it but I have never heard anything else about it. Anyone else know anything about this? :unsure:

That is what I thought. I wouldn't mind them parting ways with Key, he really hasn't done anything impressive.

Bad idea.....imo.He is a great blocker and played very well this year. Dallas has many holes to fill. 1.5 Million is nothing "to save". They have cap room and should be able to address some holes through FA and the draft.

He only catches everything thrown at him and blocks his ### off. He is a possession receiver with a lot of intangibles. Any NFL team would love to have a guy like him, with the obvious exception of Tampa Bay.

That is what I thought. I wouldn't mind them parting ways with Key, he really hasn't done anything impressive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bad idea.....imo.

He is a great blocker and played very well this year. Dallas has many holes to fill. 1.5 Million is nothing "to save". They have cap room and should be able to address some holes through FA and the draft.
Parcells own words about Keyshawn wanting the ball more: "Tell him to get open once in a while and we'll throw him something besides sideline routes"

Bad idea.....imo.

He is a great blocker and played very well this year.  Dallas has many holes to fill.  1.5 Million is nothing "to save".  They have cap room and should be able to address some holes through FA and the draft.
Parcells own words about Keyshawn wanting the ball more: "Tell him to get open once in a while and we'll throw him something besides sideline routes"
This quote came very early in the year. Bill was just being sarcastic.Hard to get open when you are asking to block in the backfield (From Motion) to cover up for a crappy O-line. If you watched the Cowboys this year Key was great especially when Flo was still there.

Nothing wrong with Key.

People just love to hate...bottom line.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bad idea.....imo.

He is a great blocker and played very well this year.  Dallas has many holes to fill.  1.5 Million is nothing "to save".  They have cap room and should be able to address some holes through FA and the draft.
This quote came very early in the year. Bill was just being sarcastic.Hard to get open when you are asking to block in the backfield (From Motion) to cover up for a crappy O-line. If you watched the Cowboys this year Key was great especially when Flo was still there.

Nothing wrong with Key.

Of course...Why else would anyone think Key wasnt very good this year?

:839yards11.3ypc6Tds:

Hes not great, but probably not bad enough to be cuttable to avoid the cap hit.

Bad idea.....imo.

Nothing wrong with Key.

Of course...Why else would anyone think Key wasnt very good this year?

:839yards11.3ypc6Tds:

Hes not great, but probably not bad enough to be cuttable to avoid the cap hit.
True, much like his career. Good player, not worth hype or the number 1 overall draft pick

Users who are viewing this thread