What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Khalil Mack (1 Viewer)

yankeerebel

Footballguy
First, I'm real pleased that the Draft Dominator software listed Mack as a DE.  After I draft him, I read the "Footballguys View" on him and it says he's a linebacker not a defensive end.  Then why do you have him listed as the #2 DE in the software!?!  On top of all this I find out after I get home from the draft that Luck is retiring.  He just happens to be one of my keepers and my starting QB.

Anyone (especially a staff member since you got me in this mess) have justification that would allow me to add LB as one of Mack's eligible positions?  I'm the commissioner so I have the power but I can't do it without a better reason than "cause I want to".  LOL! 

First, I'm real pleased that the Draft Dominator software listed Mack as a DE.  After I draft him, I read the "Footballguys View" on him and it says he's a linebacker not a defensive end.  Then why do you have him listed as the #2 DE in the software!?!  On top of all this I find out after I get home from the draft that Luck is retiring.  He just happens to be one of my keepers and my starting QB.

Anyone (especially a staff member since you got me in this mess) have justification that would allow me to add LB as one of Mack's eligible positions?  I'm the commissioner so I have the power but I can't do it without a better reason than "cause I want to".  LOL! 
what kind of "justification" are you looking for?

Did you not look and see what position he is listed at in your league software before you drafted him?

Cleveland is running a 4-3 defense and Olivier Vernon is listed as a DL and LB.  Why not Mack?  Anyone know?

Your league should probably have a more defined rule for position eligibility. My only league runs through mfl and the position they assign is where they can play.

Cleveland is running a 4-3 defense and Olivier Vernon is listed as a DL and LB.  Why not Mack?  Anyone know?
Vernon can be expected to play the majority of his snaps on the line of scrimmage, in position to set the edge or rush the passer.  Mack can be expected to play the majority of his snaps behind the line, in position to drop into coverage or chase an RB into the flat (not that coverage will be anything near his primary role), as well as set the edge and pass rush. Both have new D Coordinators, but that's how those DCs have deployed their EDGEs to date.  It's a subtle difference, for sure, but a common distinction between a 4-3 DE and a 3-4 OLB.

Users who are viewing this thread