What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kicked out of the office for having a cold (2 Viewers)

At this point if you have a runny nose your office should just let you work at home.  It really should be that way anyway for colds or flu period.  Why do we just constantly pass this stuff around to each other

When can we just get rid of accruing sick leave that incents people to work when they're sick?  If you don't trust your employees to be honest about being sick, you have a flaw in your interview or employee evaluation process.

I woke up yesterday with a runny nose. Bad week of allergies for me, which usually leads into post nasal drip and an asthmatic reactive (dry) cough. I take a daily inhaler for the cough, and Allegra for the allergies. Took some Mucinex for the extra runniness of the cold.

I feel fine. Just a tiny cold, with some sniffling, blowing nose and a cough every now and then (a few per hour). Could even be just the allergies. Normal stuff....normally.

I work in a small open office with a half dozen other people. Office manager just ordered me to leave...kind of angrily. When I said it felt like just a typical cold, her reply is that I can't know. Didn't want me "risking their lives".

I get that these are unusual times. I get that we need to operate with an abundance of caution. 

Or maybe I don't.

Left, and just got a rapid covid test... Which this second just came back as negative.

I guess this is the new normal for a while. 
That snot cool.

BrutalPenguin said:
When can we just get rid of accruing sick leave that incents people to work when they're sick?  If you don't trust your employees to be honest about being sick, you have a flaw in your interview or employee evaluation process.
That's my retirement plan jerky

Users who are viewing this thread