What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

King Of The NFC East (1 Viewer)

Who wins the NFC East?

• Dallas Cowboys

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Washington Redskins

• New York Giants

• Philadelphia Eagles

• Total voters

radballs.

Footballguy
The Redskins have been very aggressive in the free agent market already. The Cowboys appear to have just acquired Terrell Owens. Eli Manning will continue to develop with weapons like Plaxico Burress and Jeremy Shockey. Tiki Barber is a flat out stud so their offense should still be very potent. The Eagles can only get better with a healthy McNabb and I like what they're doing in free agency as well. This division looks like it will be very tough again. Who's your pick to win the division in 2006 prior to the NFL draft?

Last edited by a moderator:
I voted for Philadelphia but the system gave it to Dallas. :confused:

I would not be surprised to see any of these four teams win the division. I chose Philadelphia because they have a dynamic Qb in McNabb which the other teams lack, and I think they have a very good defense and a very good system. I think if I could chose one of the teams to have as an owner I'd take the Giants who I think have the best future and a solid player base. But again, I can see any of these teams winning this division and I wouldn't be surprised if they finished within two games of each other: 10-6, 10-6, 8-8, 8-8.

4 good teams. The Redskins will win it because they've improved slightly on their very good defense, and have improved a good bit on their offense, which let them down at times last year.

4 good teams. The Redskins will win it because they've improved slightly on their very good defense, and have improved a good bit on their offense, which let them down at times last year.
This poll is about a month too early. TO hasn't been signed yet. The draft hasn't taken place yet. However, it doesn't really matter because only a fool doesn't realize that the Cowboys are winning the Super Bowl this year.

The Cowboy defense was headed seriously downhill last year. Owens doesn't play defense. He plays approximately half a season on offense.

The Cowboy defense was headed seriously downhill last year. Owens doesn't play defense. He plays approximately half a season on offense.
Very young on D...this year we will be very solid..... imo. I fully expect them to draft another stud LB.Also don't forget this....

The injury to Henry played a big part in the decline. He will be back and healthy.

The reason I vote for Dallas right now is because of some of their up and coming stars on defense like Ware and I really think this is the year that Parcells really puts his stamp on the team. I agree that the poll is early but that's what makes it fun. Prognosticating before all of the pundits do is what makes this board great.

East Coast bias. Where's the poll for the other seven divisions? :P
Actually, I'm a Northern Californian and a Raiders fan. I just think the NFC East will be the most competitive division in the upcoming season.

I really think this is the year that Parcells really puts his stamp on the team.
:confused: How long does it take to put your stamp on a team? Bill Parcells is a crappy coach if it takes him until year four to do that.

Do Dallas fans honestly believe Bledsoe can play solid football for a full season?

Do Dallas fans honestly believe Bledsoe can play solid football for a full season?
:yes: Any QB can play a solid football for a full season if he had an OL to block for him.

I'm kind of surprised to see Philly voted last. I would have at least figured they'd be favored ahead of NY. Go figure. Anyhoo, i agree with quincycarter (never thought i'd ever say that...) we'll know better in month or two.

I'm kind of surprised to see Philly voted last.  I would have at least figured they'd be favored ahead of NY.  Go figure.  Anyhoo, i agree with quincycarter (never thought i'd ever say that...) we'll know better in month or two.
:thumbdown: obviously a philly fan..

Giants have shored up the worst part about the defense, the secondary..it was the major weakness for the in '05..the d line is great, the LB's were awesome until Pierce's injuries..

With the Skins signing a boatload of WR's in the offseason, I'm happy Ernie Accorsi signed some decent talent for the secondary..

Philly so far , has fallen behind in every aspect..they played in 4 straight championship games, losing 3, all without T.O...the one year they had T.O., they made the SB..last year,they fell apart. I expect more of the same from Philly in 2006 without T.O, alot of finger pointing, etc..the big hurt that he put on them isn't going away after just one season..look at SF, they are still recovering from his departure..

Dallas will be measurably better in 2006, everyone is healthy, and t.o. would be the icing on the cake..washngton made perhaps the most important move,signing Al Saunders, OC...

is Mcnabb still the head case he was last year? we'll see..

8-8 is the best i see Philly doing in 2006, and thats a stretch..

they are the worst team in the division with what everyone else has been doing in the offseason, and losing Childress and replacing him with Morhinweg is, as a Giants fan, laughable!!

:lmao: :lmao:

I'm kind of surprised to see Philly voted last.  I would have at least figured they'd be favored ahead of NY.  Go figure.  Anyhoo, i agree with quincycarter (never thought i'd ever say that...) we'll know better in month or two.
:thumbdown: obviously a philly fan..

Giants have shored up the worst part about the defense, the secondary..it was the major weakness for the in '05..the d line is great, the LB's were awesome until Pierce's injuries..

With the Skins signing a boatload of WR's in the offseason, I'm happy Ernie Accorsi signed some decent talent for the secondary..

Philly so far , has fallen behind in every aspect..they played in 4 straight championship games, losing 3, all without T.O...the one year they had T.O., they made the SB..last year,they fell apart. I expect more of the same from Philly in 2006 without T.O, alot of finger pointing, etc..the big hurt that he put on them isn't going away after just one season..look at SF, they are still recovering from his departure..

Dallas will be measurably better in 2006, everyone is healthy, and t.o. would be the icing on the cake..washngton made perhaps the most important move,signing Al Saunders, OC...

is Mcnabb still the head case he was last year? we'll see..

8-8 is the best i see Philly doing in 2006, and thats a stretch..

they are the worst team in the division with what everyone else has been doing in the offseason, and losing Childress and replacing him with Morhinweg is, as a Giants fan, laughable!!

:lmao: :lmao:
You do realize that Philly plays TEN, NO, HOU, GB and SF, right? They'll probably win 10 games easily this year.

Giants - Bucs, @Bears

Redskins - Panthers, @Vikings

Cowboys - Falcons, @Lions

Eagles - Saints, @Packers

The Cowboys and Eagles have the easier matchups. The Cowboys get the Falcons at home and the easiest road game in the NFC North at the Lions. The Eagles should have an easy win at home against the Saints, but playing in GB is always tough (assuming Favre returns).

The Giants face two very good teams who shouldn't have a dropoff from their playoff seasons. The Redskins have a matchup at home against the Panthers and have to travel to Minnesota where the Vikings usually play well.

All four teams are talented so it's going to come down to who can win the games they have different and go 4-2 in the division. My pick is the Cowboys, with the Eagles and Redskins very lose. The Giants could end up last with a very good team at 9-7.

I just voted for Dallas but I honestly could see any of these teams making it happen.
Same here on all accounts. That's no surprise to anyone but I think it's Dallas and NY as the front runners and Washington and Philly not far behind.

Chuck Norris would finish 5th in the NFC East.
:lmao:
Dallas Cowboys [ 21 ] [28.38%] Washington Redskins [ 21 ] [28.38%] New York Giants [ 22 ] [29.73%] Philadelphia Eagles [ 9 ] [12.16%]This is the kind of poll I expected. I for one believe that Philly may be in for a shock if they're relying upon the lack of injury to resume their position at the top of this division. I don't see them doing enough at the moment to stay abreast of the other teams' and their improvement.

I just voted for Dallas but I honestly could see any of these teams making it happen.
I voted for Washington, but I agree with you. Right now it looks like a 4-way dogfight.I certainly hope the Eagles come prepared after being decimated by injury and Owens last year. This is not a division of patsies like in some years past when they rolled over everyone.

I bet this is the best NFC East season in a long time. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread