What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

"Knowshon sucks" (1 Viewer)

too bad the guy in my league didn't drop him when the Audible guys recommended dropping him and adding CJ Anderson after week 1

This should really be laid to rest at this point. He runs hard, hits the right holes, rarely gets a negative carry, gets decent yards after contact, and as tonight showed ... one of his best traits is that he simply doesn't put the ball on the deck. There is a reason why Broncos players and beat writers have consistently said that he is the second most important player on their offense. Obviously the ceiling is low for him. He isn't rushing for 225 yards most games based on the fact that they generally do not need him, nor want him to. The conditions played against Manning, though, and he came through tonight with an incredible game. There is lots of room in the NFL for guys who do not have incredible physical gifts. Those guys just have to make sure that they are technically sound.

He said the KC defense has allowed such-and-such number of runs over 20 yards this season, but the Broncos don't have any RBs good enough to take advantage of that.
Knowshon Moreno has 10 rushes of 20+ yards in his entire career. Moreno averages a 20+ yard gain once every 72.8 carries. He averages three per 16 games played. Moreno has only topped 30 yards on a single carry twice in his career. He had a 36-yard gain in 2009 and a 35-yard gain in 2011.

Saying that Knowshon Moreno isn't really equipped to take advantage of a defense that gives up a lot of long runs isn't "disrespecting him". It's giving an honest and frank assessment of the weaknesses of Knowshon Moreno's game. Knowshon Moreno is not the guy who is going to make a defense pay with huge gains. He's just not, and he never has been. That's Ronnie Hillman's game, not Moreno's.
Note that Knowshon Moreno ran for 223 yards and still never topped 20+ on a single carry. I'm wondering how many times that's happened in history. Either way, huge gains aren't Moreno's game.

I don't think anyone knows why he was crying unless a reporter asked him about it in the locker room afterward. As CaricoaSean said, it was during the latter part of the national anthem. It looked like he pointed toward the sky at least once or twice, so perhaps he was thinking of a relative or friend who passed away while representing our country overseas. Whatever the reason, I think he's an intense, passionate guy I want on my team eight days a week.

I don't think anyone knows why he was crying unless a reporter asked him about it in the locker room afterward. As CaricoaSean said, it was during the latter part of the national anthem. It looked like he pointed toward the sky at least once or twice, so perhaps he was thinking of a relative or friend who passed away while representing our country overseas. Whatever the reason, I think he's an intense, passionate guy I want on my team eight days a week.
https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/407324090899234816

I wasn't sure Knowshon Moreno's tears were real but just spoke to him via phone. Said they absolutely were. Emotions of game. Cool moment.

-Mike Garafolo

Reading the book League Of Denial and Merrill Hoge talks about crying uncontrollably during one game and later found out that it's a sign of a concussion issue.

Not good. Bronco offense can't get on the field. Don't see the need to salt away a lead either.

Not good. Bronco offense can't get on the field. Don't see the need to salt away a lead either.
I think it's a good thing they are behind ppr wise for Moreno. Lately they've been bringing in Ball to run and Moreno on passing downs. Hopefully Moreno stays on the field with Ball on the sidelines.

I think it's a good thing they are behind ppr wise for Moreno. Lately they've been bringing in Ball to run and Moreno on passing downs. Hopefully Moreno stays on the field with Ball on the sidelines.
:yes:
This seems like wishful thinking to me. We are more than half way through the game and Ball has one carry so the above was not an issue. Meanwhile Moreno has done nothing. It is painfully obvious to me this will be one of his worst, if not worst, game of the season.

ETA: There is definitely more hope in PPR but I'm not holding out much in non-PPR.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ball in. Pretty sure they just evenly split all situations now. ####

Ball in. Pretty sure they just evenly split all situations now. ####
nope. ball gets all the workload inside the 5. moreno is not startable next week if any of us are fortunate to survive this debacle.

Been expecting a game like this with the split but every week he just kept producing despite it. Some time for that shoe to drop.

ball gets blown up in pass protection on consecutive plays and costs the team the game on the 2nd one. just absurd that they started to rely on him over moreno when it mattered most.

ball gets blown up in pass protection on consecutive plays and costs the team the game on the 2nd one. just absurd that they started to rely on him over moreno when it mattered most.
I'm biased as a Moreno owner, but yeah - I don't understand the Ball love. Knowshon is so consistent and so reliable - exactly the type of RB you'd want in a Manning offense.

:confused:

Ball didn't do a great job on the play, but he wasn't the one who failed to block Liuget.

nope. ball gets all the workload inside the 5. moreno is not startable next week if any of us are fortunate to survive this debacle.
One of the most prolific offenses in NFL history just had its worst game of the year. Nothing went right. Their defense couldn't get off the field. Time of possession was nearly 2:1 in favor of SD. Peyton didn't look sharp. Their Big 3 receivers had 136 yards. Combined.

Amidst all that, Knowshon still led the team in YFS (and out-touched Ball 13 to 8). There was essentially one red-zone carry all game. And because that one carry went to Ball, you're prepared to bench the No. 4 RB in fantasy this year as his team plays what is suddenly a must-win game ... against HOUSTON. :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

exactly. there is no way I would trust moreno next week over other my other options and I doubt those of most championship teams. he has been steadily relinquishing workload to ball over the last few weeks and now it a 5050 timeshare, including passing downs and 2 minute drives and no huddle situations. in fact, it even seemed that ball was preferable on those passing downs. and worse, ball is now clearly the goal line back and slightly preferable in the red zone overall.

fantasy football is undoubtedly about being ahead of an ever changing landscape. it would have taken a near savant to act prior to this week, tho the evidence was clearly there, but now it really doesnt take that much balls to start the edelman, baldwin, cooper, gios, etc over moreno next week.

ofc, it proly wont matter as most of us wont have decisions to make next week.

exactly. there is no way I would trust moreno next week over other my other options and I doubt those of most championship teams. he has been steadily relinquishing workload to ball over the last few weeks and now it a 5050 timeshare, including passing downs and 2 minute drives and no huddle situations. in fact, it even seemed that ball was preferable on those passing downs. and worse, ball is now clearly the goal line back and slightly preferable in the red zone overall.

fantasy football is undoubtedly about being ahead of an ever changing landscape. it would have taken a near savant to act prior to this week, tho the evidence was clearly there, but now it really doesnt take that much balls to start the edelman, baldwin, cooper, gios, etc over moreno next week.

ofc, it proly wont matter as most of us wont have decisions to make next week.
Frankly, if you're the type of owner who would so overreact to one game that you would consider starting Doug Baldwin (!) over Moreno, I'm amazed you made it this far to begin with.

Hell, why stop at Baldwin? Why not go pick up CJ Anderson and start him over Moreno?

FYI, that was Moreno's fourth game of the year scoring singe digits. In the games after the previous three, he scored 22, 15 and 29.

As I said in the game thread - he's still smarting from that NE game when he came out wearing a boot and the short week didn't allow him to recover a full 100% from the TENN game where he ran pretty hard. It's a lot like us weekend warriors - I have had plenty of times where I've questioned if I can go on a Wednesday/Thursday - but by the time Sunday hits I'm good and healed up.

With extra time until Texas now - he gets healthy and ready - so if you got lucky and survived he should be a start in my opinion

Aaarggh. I toyed all day yesterday with taking him out for Bernard or Vereen as I just had a feeling this game would go wrong. Note to self - go with instinct more.

Traded him a few days ago... Kno Mo and a 3rd for Desean Jackson. I do have McCoy, Charles, and Peterson so I didn't need him at all and I traded him to a Denver homer.

I think he could continue to be low end RB1 or he could drop off the face of the earth. Trade him now...especially now that he is losing carries.

He got me 10 in my PPR league. Disappointing but hardly anything to warrant benching him from here on in. San Diego's ToP was double that of Denver 's and the whole team looked out of synch. Unfortunate that it happened but if I manage to make it to the championship game next week he is still in my lineup without a doubt.

but moreno was not in the short end of a time share following those other games. he is now.
I agree with your take.

I have followed Moreno very closely for as long as he ahs been in the league and I was one of the people in the off-season saying I think it will be his gig, but even then, as it was talked about on the boards, I always said, this situation will change like the Colorado weather; quick and abrupt.

Last week, especially, you could tell, the Broncos clearly want to ease off on the Moreno wear and tear. They ahve a Super Bowl and a Super Bowl only in mind.

Moreno will have a better fantasy day next week because they will score at will on the Texans but they will still limit his percentage of plays.

I think at this point, fantasy owners need to be thinking "I can get solid, not spectacular" from him and then next year, I think the value drops quite a bit.

The Broncos will be a RBBC team in the near future, barring injuries that dictate otherwise.

but moreno was not in the short end of a time share following those other games. he is now.
I agree with your take.

I have followed Moreno very closely for as long as he ahs been in the league and I was one of the people in the off-season saying I think it will be his gig, but even then, as it was talked about on the boards, I always said, this situation will change like the Colorado weather; quick and abrupt.

Last week, especially, you could tell, the Broncos clearly want to ease off on the Moreno wear and tear. They ahve a Super Bowl and a Super Bowl only in mind.

Moreno will have a better fantasy day next week because they will score at will on the Texans but they will still limit his percentage of plays.

I think at this point, fantasy owners need to be thinking "I can get solid, not spectacular" from him and then next year, I think the value drops quite a bit.

The Broncos will be a RBBC team in the near future, barring injuries that dictate otherwise.
He is also a FA so depending where he lands he could still be considered a top back. It does suck though that if he does happen to stay that Fox will probably keep the Ball/Moreno committee going which will hurt his value.

Who has more FF points today -- McCoy or Moreno? Hmmm.
Career-wise, Moreno reminds me of Thomas Jones. People wanted to throw dirt on both of them too early and proclaim them failures given where they were drafted. Moreno, like Jones, looks he could have a mid-career stretch as one of the better backs in the league with very respectable stats.

Users who are viewing this thread