What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kyle Pitts trade offer (1 Viewer)

Tonycarpenter

Footballguy
2QB 10 team PPR Dynasty all TDs 6pts normal 1ppr TE 26 man roster 3IR

Trade offered to me: 

Kyle Pitts and #17,#23,#27 picks 

For #2,#10,#13,#14 picks 

My roster

QB: R Wilson, TLance Tua, dWatson 

WR: Jefferson AJ Brown, Waddle, Godwin, Laviska, RondaleMoore, PCampbell, 

RB JTaylor, Chubb, JKDobbins. AJDillon, MCarter, T Sermon 

TE Kelce, Goedert, Kmet, Trautman 

PIT Def, Succop K, IDP Roquan, MParsons 

I'm defending champ. I like the long term prospect of Pitts at TE but believe the value I'd be giving up is greater than what I'm getting. 

I own #4 pick, #16 pick in addition to picks requested. 

Rookie targets: Drake London, Chris Olave, Ken Walker, Value depth.  

Other teams roster 

QB Mahomes. LJax, Goff DMills 

WR Kupp, THill MThomas GDavis TBoyd, Crowder, CDavis 

RB Ron Jones, Damian Harris, Miles Sanders, miles gaskin, Chris Carson

TE Pitts, Waller Schultz. Freiermuth 

Maybe a trade involving Kelce and #4 pick. Or draft, trade after the draft. By having a block of picks I can influence the draft and who I want to grab. Increasing value of later picks. 

With as much as I want to say go for it I just think it's not the best thing for your team.  You have good TE depth so even though Pitts is an improvement long term it's not a huge improvement.  

I do wonder about the rest of your league considering you seem to have cornered the market on picks in this draft.  I would try and move some of those for 2023 picks because you seem in good shape for the next couple years and next year is supposed to be a better draft.  

Devil's advocate... I might pull the trigger.   The #2 is the only "premium" pick being given  in a draft that should have its share of misses.  Pitts is an elite asset plus you'll still land a valued prospect at #4.  Also, Goedert and/or Kmet become expendable.  Maybe pair one of them with a later pick to acquire a late first.

The trade does not favor you.  I agree with Gally about moving some draft picks for 2023 picks.
While moving some picks into 2023 is a fine idea, Kelce will turn 33 this season.  Having an elite option (for another decade) at TE can be a huge advantage.

I see Pitts as the best asset in the deal.  On paper, he doesn't help this team greatly in 2022, but neither does a rookie WR at #2.  This team is stacked with young WRs.

To the OP, what would be you "dream" scenario for the #2 and #4 picks?  Are you hoping for Walker at #2?

The trade does not favor you. I agree with Gally about moving some draft picks for 2023 picks.
While moving some picks into 2023 is a fine idea, Kelce will turn 33 this season. Having an elite option (for another decade) at TE can be a huge advantage.

I see Pitts as the best asset in the deal. On paper, he doesn't help this team greatly in 2022, but neither does a rookie WR at #2. This team is stacked with young WRs.

To the OP, what would be you "dream" scenario for the #2 and #4 picks? Are you hoping for Walker at #2?
Dream Scenario would be Breece Hall #2. Small % of that happening. BUT I'll wait and see. #1 could take Walker or Pickett because he's Steelers fan and not always informed and has been #1 two years straight for a reason. Also...he jokingly said he wouldn't take HALL because he's a F-ing JET.... The owner of PITT ...who made the trade offer .... is his buddy and a big JETS fan. If I get Hall it could be leverage for PITTs. Agreed that Pitts doesn't help me right now. BUT Trading CGodwin, NCHubb could = Schultz, Or similar IMO. With my #2. I'm leaning towards Drake London #4 Olave. I'll likely have option of Walker or London at #2. I'm undecided.

The trade does not favor you. I agree with Gally about moving some draft picks for 2023 picks.
I agree that I would like to make a move for 2023 early pick but it's hard to know exactly who will be the crappiest team to target a trade. I have 2-3 options. I also, like to hoard WR talent because our league ....allows us to start up to 6 each week vs max 4 RB or 3 TEs. They also have a decent shelf life. I auto-drafted Chubb in the 20th round of our start-up league in 2018. So it would be bitter sweet bc i was forced to start him that game he had 180yds 2TDs on 3 carries. But I try to trade out aging RB vets while they're still performing well and there's "meat on the bones" Even if I could have waited.

You have plenty of draft capital so trade pick 2 and something for pick 1 so you know you can get Breece Hall if he is your top guy.

I'd get Hall, however that needs to happen. RBs have such short shelf lives, Chubb and Dobbins could dry up PDQ. Dillon, Carter, Sermon are no certain things going forward. Taylor, while elite right now, might be done in 2-3 years if they continue to run him ragged. There are nice long term TEs you can grab with your picks later in the draft. You'd at least lock down the NYJ RB even if injuries occur.

While moving some picks into 2023 is a fine idea, Kelce will turn 33 this season. Having an elite option (for another decade) at TE can be a huge advantage.

I see Pitts as the best asset in the deal. On paper, he doesn't help this team greatly in 2022, but neither does a rookie WR at #2. This team is stacked with young WRs.

To the OP, what would be you "dream" scenario for the #2 and #4 picks? Are you hoping for Walker at #2?
Dream Scenario would be Breece Hall #2. Small % of that happening. BUT I'll wait and see. #1 could take Walker or Pickett because he's Steelers fan and not always informed and has been #1 two years straight for a reason. Also...he jokingly said he wouldn't take HALL because he's a F-ing JET.... The owner of PITT ...who made the trade offer .... is his buddy and a big JETS fan. If I get Hall it could be leverage for PITTs. Agreed that Pitts doesn't help me right now. BUT Trading CGodwin, NCHubb could = Schultz, Or similar IMO. With my #2. I'm leaning towards Drake London #4 Olave. I'll likely have option of Walker or London at #2. I'm undecided.
I can see holding onto the #2 if the other guy is as described. Sounds like your potential trade partner thinks so too. Someone suggested trading for the #1 and that could work. I probably don't make the trade for Pitts if I could land Hall.... I just assumed he was off the board.

Users who are viewing this thread