What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kyle Rudolph (3 Viewers)

Giants released TE Kyle Rudolph. 

Rudolph announced the move himself on Twitter. Brought in to play traditional tight end in a Jason Garrett offense, Rudolph's tenure with the Giants was just as exciting as that sounds. He managed 26 receptions for 257 yards and one TD in his lone season in New York. Rudolph will turn 33 during the 2022 season, but he could provide tight end depth for a contending team. His main path to fantasy "relevance" will be cutting into the snaps of an otherwise startable tight end.

RELATED: 

New York Giants

Mar 2, 2022, 11:03 AM ET

2016 here we come! 

No, not to make light of it. He's free in my league. I thought of adding him until I saw the numbers his past four years. I think they're chasing ghosts in TB, and I think Gronk still might come back. That puts a damper on Rudolph's outlook, though teaming with Brady has to seem sweet. Hope it works. It could be good, but not week-in, week-out starting level good, IMO. 

2016 here we come! 

No, not to make light of it. He's free in my league. I thought of adding him until I saw the numbers his past four years. I think they're chasing ghosts in TB, and I think Gronk still might come back. That puts a damper on Rudolph's outlook, though teaming with Brady has to seem sweet. Hope it works. It could be good, but not week-in, week-out starting level good, IMO. 
This is probably a "throw some crap at the wall signing...". I'd be far from shocked if Rudolph doesn't make it on the roster through training camp. He looked like he was 80 years old playing with the Giants.

He looked like he was 80 years old playing with the Giants
I had the pleasure of watching the Giants only once last year in full. The WAS game where Slayton couldn't seal the deal from Jones on a bomb that would have put the game away. 

Terrible team. I assumed Rudolph was terrible, too, but didn't want to overstep it. 

I had the pleasure of watching the Giants only once last year in full. The WAS game where Slayton couldn't seal the deal from Jones on a bomb that would have put the game away. 

Terrible team. I assumed Rudolph was terrible, too, but didn't want to overstep it. 
e's kind of like Jason Witten was at the end - still dependable hands and can get open on short routes - but falls down immediately after the catch. He lumbers now. Obviously playing with Brady instead of Daniel Jones can't be a bad thing, but I think Brate is a much better option than Rudolph at this point.

The Tampa Bay Times' Rick Stroud believes Kyle Rudolph will "inherit the bulk" of Rob Gronkowski's role in the Bucs offense. 

Gronk is retired for now, with some in the Bucs organization believing he's not done with football. The team last week signed Rudolph, 32, coming off an uninspiring season with the Giants in which he caught 26 of his 39 targets for 257 yards and a touchdown. Gronkowski's retirement vacated 90 targets in the Tampa offense, and while Rudolph seeing all those looks is highly unlikely, he could be a passable streaming option in favorable matchups this season. Stroud said Cameron Brate's targets would "greatly increase" in Gronk's absence. Brate was second on the team in targets inside the ten yard line in 2021. 

RELATED: 

Cameron Brate

SOURCE: TampaBay.com 

Jul 25, 2022, 10:23 AM ET

Kyle Rudolph retired from the NFL after 12 seasons.

Per Jordan Schultz, Rudolph will retire as a member of the Minnesota Vikings, who drafted him with the No. 43 overall pick back in 2011. Rudolph spent the first 10 years of his career with the Vikings, racking up 453 receptions for 4,488 yards and 48 touchdowns while earning two Pro Bowl nods. He would spend his final two season with the Giants (2021) and the Buccaneers (2022), playing in limited roles across 25 games. The Vikings reportedly plan to honor Rudolph during their Week 3 matchup against the Chargers.

Users who are viewing this thread