What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

LA Dem city council prez resigns after racist comments. (1 Viewer)

This reminds me a bit of the Reggie White speech to the Wisconsin State Legislature or whoever it was.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/arch...slature/71fc4e76-9070-4a7e-82a5-5243be3c0a2a/
I was in college and had a delivery job when this happened. Listened to a lot of AM radio.

Jim Rome was very funny with this crazy speech for a while. Had quite a few bits he did regarding this.
Looking at my house, I need to organize better.

It wasn't just the President. But this is what happens when you get libs off the record. They say the right things in public but once you get them behind closed doors they're just as bigoted as anyone else.
Um, are you suggesting that conservatives are all bigots and that lib[erals] are secretly just as bigoted?

It wasn't just the President. But this is what happens when you get libs off the record. They say the right things in public but once you get them behind closed doors they're just as bigoted as anyone else.
Um, are you suggesting that conservatives are all bigots and that lib[erals] are secretly just as bigoted?

My position would be that everyone in the world has some level of bias/bigotry in them. We don't all grow up exposed to everything and every type of person the world has to offer and we will all have levels of discomfort when exposed to those things/people later in life. In some cases, we learn to have fun with those groups that we have heard of or seen on TV when we are kids in ways that we find out later are bigoted in nature. Many of us learn to either suppress or get past some or all of those attitudes but this notion that there are people completely free of bias/bigotry is a pipe dream. And I say that as someone who believes he treats everyone equally until given a reason not to.

I have always said and will keep it saying that racism never left the Democrat Party. Even as they tried to rewrite history and blame the other side for it.

It's always been there. You see it in their policies and you see it when they think the cameras and microphones are off.

I have always said and will keep it saying that racism never left the Democrat Party. Even as they tried to rewrite history and blame the other side for it.

It's always been there. You see it in their policies and you see it when they think the cameras and microphones are off.
How can you tell when it’s election time? The trash gets picked up in the cities.

There are definitely way too many liberals who fit this description, at least in my experience.

There also too many conservatives who turn a blind eye when their “crew” express thoughts like this.

Nobody has a monopoly on stupid. It's here in the PSF, every day.

Gascon is down with criminals, by the way. She just made the mistake of saying criminal=black.
I miss Tim defending this clown.

Squis lives in LA, I thought he would post this first so I checked a couple of times as he is usually on top of the racist acts. Not sure how he missed this one.

There are definitely way too many liberals who fit this description, at least in my experience.

There also too many conservatives who turn a blind eye when their “crew” express thoughts like this.

I hate it when anyone acts bigoted. I don't discriminate by party. Too bad more people don't share that attitude, especially in this forum.

I hate it when anyone acts bigoted. I don't discriminate by party. Too bad more people don't share that attitude, especially in this forum.
I think most everyone from the left here is against her comments. Then again she is a nobody in the big political picture.

I think most everyone from the left here is against her comments. Then again she is a nobody in the big political picture.
Not most. All.

She needs to leave the council completely.
She's already resigned. Hopefully the other folks who were party to this disgusting conversation resign as well.

That's the difference between the Parties. This **** doesn't fly in the Democratic Party. Whereas Trump rallies are essentially Klan rallies these days, according to former Repubican leaders.

Blade - follow this thread please. You won't see any liberals in here defending racist comments. Unlike the racism that we see from your leadership celebrated daily.

She's already resigned. Hopefully the other folks who were party to this disgusting conversation resign as well.

That's the difference between the Parties. This **** doesn't fly in the Democratic Party. Whereas Trump rallies are essentially Klan rallies these days, according to former Repubican leaders.
Isn’t Biden president and isn’t Pelosi still doing her thing?

Gascon is down with criminals, by the way. She just made the mistake of saying criminal=black.
He get the boot yet again?
His last post was a self-imposed TO after getting exposed hard about racism.
Wait, you mean he didn’t show back up a day later like the other numerous times he’s been exposed?

SHE DIDNT RESIGN!!! She stepped down from her presidents post. Why are people saying she resigned? She absolutely did not

My position would be that everyone in the world has some level of bias/bigotry in them.
We don't all grow up exposed to everything and every type of person the world has to offer and we will all have levels of discomfort when exposed to those things/people later in life. In some cases, we learn to have fun with those groups that we have heard of or seen on TV when we are kids in ways that we find out later are bigoted in nature. Many of us learn to either suppress or get past some or all of those attitudes but this notion that there are people completely free of bias/bigotry is a pipe dream. And I say that as someone who believes he treats everyone equally until given a reason not to.

So you are saying specifically that you hate it when people act on the impulses that you say we all have?

Does posting about how bad a political party is, how terrible their ideas are, etc.. qualify as a bigoted action?

IMO the way several posters talk about the opposition in here really makes me not believe that they would act differently towards them. I would imagine if I thought people were racists, groomers, murderers, and other adjectives thrown around here by people I would think of them and treat them differently than I would somebody I didn't think is a racist. Maybe it's just me though.

I guess I missed that. Probably explains why I thought threads weren't getting bumped as much as usual today. :lol:

I guess I missed that. Probably explains why I thought threads weren't getting bumped as much as usual today. :lol:
It was classic.

SHE DIDNT RESIGN!!! She stepped down from her presidents post. Why are people saying she resigned? She absolutely did not
She can continue to represent her constituents, outstanding.

What? How could she possibly stay on, she has to resign after all those comments. The community should demand it.

What? How could she possibly stay on, she has to resign after all those comments. The community should demand it.
She did not. But yet strangely it is being reported as she did. The headline reads "resigned " and I'm unsure as to why

She did not. But yet strangely it is being reported as she did. The headline reads "resigned " and I'm unsure as to why
She has resigned, or stepped down would be better wording, as the president of the city council. The thing I read said it is unclear if she has quit her position on the city council entirely.

She has resigned, or stepped down would be better wording, as the president of the city council. The thing I read said it is unclear if she has quit her position on the city council entirely.
She has not as of yet

She has not as of yet
That is the confusion then. That article was poorly worded.

I don't see her keeping this gig. Dead man walking.

She has not as of yet

Multiple articles, news stories , reports. But I'm curious as to why

She has not as of yet

Multiple articles, news stories , reports. But I'm curious as to why
My guess is because it is a city council position and she said "resign" in her press release. This isn't really a huge national story TBH.

Once it is clear she is trying to stay on the council I would suspect her fellow members tell her to take a hike.

Last I read was she only resigned from her leadership positions. Could have changed during my commute.

Users who are viewing this thread