What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ladarius Green's value (1 Viewer)

Good Info here guys, thanks!

He was still out there surprisingly and I just picked him up.  Still debating on Doyle or him to start this week.  Finally dropped Barnidge, what a waste.

Agree with packersfan,  TEs pretty much blow this year outside of the top few.  Drafted Barnidge in the 8th round, thought he was good value, Witten would have been a better choice, but only the last few weeks.  Not one TE has come out of no where to be a top 10 TE.  Hoping Green fits the bill.
It's funny I'm in the same boat with Doyle and Green.  What was encouraging (for me) last week was Big Ben looking for Green on the 2 point conversion during their first scoring play.  Their timing was off on another drive in the 2nd quarter when they were just outside the red zone.  He's a matchup nightmare when healthy.....WHEN healthy.  It will be curious to see how he looks once he gets more snaps under his belt.  Still worried about starting him this week though, not sure Doyle is a better option, though, with Allen back.

Ben threw 36 times. He saw 2 targets and barely played. They have short week this week so I don't see anything better short term. 
He did get another RZ target. I don't think it's a surprise that he didn't hit the ground running considering he has been out for so long and never got to develop any chemistry in the offense beforehand. He's tough to dump right now because if he has 1 good week and on waivers, he's gone. 

Started and got a Zero, didn't matter much as Doyle got me a 1.7

Holding for now, but not starting next week.  There is no one else out there even worth a flier.  Looking for someone for the playoffs and am hoping he comes around.  At least he got a target in the endzone.

Started and got a Zero, didn't matter much as Doyle got me a 1.7

Holding for now, but not starting next week.  There is no one else out there even worth a flier.  Looking for someone for the playoffs and am hoping he comes around.  At least he got a target in the endzone.
Same boat exactly. Honestly considering Vance McDonald, Tye and even Barnidge again. 

Same boat exactly. Honestly considering Vance McDonald, Tye and even Barnidge again. 
Giants had a hard time throwing today, but a deeper guy they are getting more invested with is Jerrell Adams.  Probably more athletic than Tye, who is a football player though and I guy I love but he's a little short going over the middle.

Giants had a hard time throwing today, but a deeper guy they are getting more invested with is Jerrell Adams.  Probably more athletic than Tye, who is a football player though and I guy I love but he's a little short going over the middle.
Thanks for the info.  Will have to monitor that

Not feeling it for Green this year, even with no viable #2 passing game option. Remember that he missed all of training camp, so he never even had time to develop chemistry with Ben.

Longer term, I'm wondering if he's just another one of the guys whose measurables and athleticism tend to allure scouts/coaches - when in reality not really a very good football player.

Good luck to you guys holding, I dropped him after acquiring Kelce in a trade.  If he comes around I may consider dropping Doyle for him

I think I'm rolling him.  These secondary steeler guys seem to have the dead cat bounce off bad days.  Short week, bad secondary, indoors, no Luck, I think they try to get him going.

Its him or Brate vs. Seattle for me, also could pop Hooper in too but don't like that matchup

The Steelers desperately another receiving threat to take some of the double and triple team coverage AB is seeing week-in, week-out.   Coates was filling that role early on but hasn't been the same since his hand injury and is barely getting any offensive snaps, let alone targets.   Rogers is a slot receiver and not the kind of guy you gameplan around, Wheaton is done for the year and Hamilton is JAG.  

Green could certainly be that guy and so I do think they'll try to get him more involved.  For the limited time he has been in it looked to me like he isn't running at 100% but what do I know?  I thought he was supposed to have size and speed but he hasn't shown it yet.

I'm holding him on my bench in my main league (alternative on my roster is J Cook) and my work league (alternative is Ertz).

Chemistry is the biggest factor here IMO so I didn't expect him to explode out of the gate.  There is still time for him to be a factor for me if I make the playoffs.

Benching Witten for Green this week was maybe the best thing I've done in last ten years of FF. He looked phenomenal this week. Gonna be on a lot of championship rosters I think. 

Good luck to you guys holding, I dropped him after acquiring Kelce in a trade.  If he comes around I may consider dropping Doyle for him
The good was acquiring Kelce, the bad was holding Doyle and dropping Green :bag:

He was scooped up before could grab him again.  Hope he performs well the rest of the way for you guys. 

Ben loves the TE going back to Heath, and James even scored a few TDs this year.
4 TDs between James and Green... not bad floor production for a guy like Green in this offense, I only see his snaps going up.

Ben loves the TE going back to Heath, and James even scored a few TDs this year.
4 TDs between James and Green... not bad floor production for a guy like Green in this offense, I only see his snaps going up.
Yeah. They didn't spend that money on him for nothing. 

He's going to be on some show called weekly huddle in less than an hour I saw on Twitter. 

Also did not see anything saying he didn't practice there or rotoworld. 

He's going to be on some show called weekly huddle in less than an hour I saw on Twitter. 

Also did not see anything saying he didn't practice there or rotoworld. 
It's on fbg Thursday injury expectations report; also showed up on my MFL news

DNP on Thursday.  Says not injury related, but with his ankle/concussion problems, this has to be concerning, no?
A beat writer for the Steelers (Mark Kaboly) said Green was fine, and just had some personal issues he had to attend to. 

Good.  Missing on Thursday or Friday (after practicing earlier in the week) always worries me.  Good to hear it's not an injury.

Do we know if he practiced today?

Choo f'n choo. Need a big showing from the big man in Playoff Rd 1. 
Seems like Green was largely ineffective last weekend because of Big Ben. Think one of Ben's multiple INTs was targeting Green in the red zone, he had anotehr EZ target nearly picked, and he was flat out open for a pass that Ben miffed and couldn't deliver.

Hoping we see a resurgence this weekend against the Bengals. Ben still seems to be targeting him. Let's hope he can actually deliver, and Green does his part to nab that ball.

Sure hope he does something. Sucked watching him fizzle while the No. 2 TE on my bid list (Gresham) had another solid game. 

For those people in the semis, who are you starting Green over this week. I'm probably starting him over Bennett and Brate. 

Bengals are dead last in defending the TE position. Unless you got Eifert or Kelce you gotta play him this week. 

Rudolph or Bennett over Green? Leaning Rudolph just bc he seems more consistent and I don't want to blow it with another possible dud from the other two.

starks said:
Bengals are dead last in defending the TE position. Unless you got Eifert or Kelce you gotta play him this week. 
Careful on this. Bengals play zone and most of Green's success so far has been vs. man.

I also have Brate or Green to decide on.  Went Brate for Wk 14........and was going to stay with Brate for Wk 15......but now highly considering Green. 

(and remember, this PITT@CIN is a 1:00pm game.....NFLweather.com still has the game in the 830PM SNF slot which is wrong so I can't tell if weather will be a factor at all)

Careful on this. Bengals play zone and most of Green's success so far has been vs. man.
Does anyone have the data/time/willingness to expand on this?

Is the zone-vs-man comparison being drawn from 2016's limited sample set or is this something that's been obvious in prior NFL years (and college)?

This can have serious repercussions on a polarizing player.

PRO: Brilliant flashes two weeks ago and going against a defense that unfurls a red carpet for opposing TEs.

CON: Roethlisberger is a different QB on away games (and they're playing AT Cincy) plus the zone/man point brought up by ctm above.

FBG's early projections aren't a fan of Green this weekend (TE2 ranking). Thoughts from the boards?

I view green as a low end te1. I am making a claim because my opponent has Houstons te who was concussed... call it a #### move but I call it smart.

Users who are viewing this thread