What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Lattimore at 2.01 (1 Viewer)

SiahTwins

Footballguy
I see Lattimore going 1.8-1.12 in most rookie drafts. Knowing that if he ever becomes productive FF wise it wont be until 2015, if you are sitting 2.01-2.03 area do you snag him. I see those playoff teams at botom of 1st with deep rosters able to sit on him, but if you are drafting top of 2nd odds are your roster ould use immediate impact players to help you get competitive again.

So, can Lattimer be a part of a rebuild or should rebuilding franchises pass on him like NFL teams did. SF can afford to wait.

I just took him at 1.11 in 16 team dyno and i am content to sit on his recovery and reap potential rewards .Bit of a gamble but his talent behind SF O line is tempting.

Already have good crew of RB s so prepared to wait and see.

Absolutely take him because it has already been solidly established that his value is perceived at around 1.10-1.12 in drafts.

So, since its set at that point with the knowledge by people that it would not surprise anyone if he does not play for a year or maybe two, then it tells you that you can draft him and have built in value protection for a good two years (basically, you can take him right now and if you determine you can't or do not want to wait on him a year from now, you are almost guaranteed to be able to trade him for similar value...maybe even more ).

He is kind of an odd guy in that regard because he is being taken very high despite people knowing NOW his limitations.

I just took him at 1.11 in 16 team dyno and i am content to sit on his recovery and reap potential rewards .Bit of a gamble but his talent behind SF O line is tempting.Already have good crew of RB s so prepared to wait and see.
Have you ever picked a player at 11 that you thought was a sure thing??? I don't think it's much of a gamble at all. If he recovers fully he is the best RB in this class. I guess you are gambling that he fully recovers, but I can't call picking him at 11 a gamble. Good pick.

I also think he will have good value during the year for a team rebuilding in case you needed a player to win now

Last edited by a moderator:
He's in an ideal situation going to SF. That being said, people seem to be putting Gore in the dirt a bit prematurely. I think he still has 2 good year's left in him. Lattimore projects to 2015 IMO. I'd only take him if I had a deep team and if there weren't better options.

One thing I've found to be pretty consistent with posters and old players who have been productive. Message boarders always seem to think they have 'two good years left' until, oops, they don't. The lesson seems to never be learned for some reason.

I think 2013 is Gore's last year as a starter.

One thing I've found to be pretty consistent with posters and old players who have been productive. Message boarders always seem to think they have 'two good years left' until, oops, they don't. The lesson seems to never be learned for some reason.

I think 2013 is Gore's last year as a starter.
As do I, ESPECIALLY when a year from today they very well could have 2-3 better RBs than Gore on their team.

I just took him at 1.11 in 16 team dyno and i am content to sit on his recovery and reap potential rewards .Bit of a gamble but his talent behind SF O line is tempting.Already have good crew of RB s so prepared to wait and see.
Have you ever picked a player at 11 that you thought was a sure thing??? I don't think it's much of a gamble at all. If he recovers fully he is the best RB in this class. I guess you are gambling that he fully recovers, but I can't call picking him at 11 a gamble. Good pick.

I also think he will have good value during the year for a team rebuilding in case you needed a player to win now
Sure thing? :no: but safer bets have been there in different years. 2008 draft comes to mind with CJ3, Rice, Forte, Matt Ryan, Flacco... etc. being available there.

But this year, Lattimore is well worth taking there.

I just took him at 1.11 in 16 team dyno and i am content to sit on his recovery and reap potential rewards .Bit of a gamble but his talent behind SF O line is tempting.

Already have good crew of RB s so prepared to wait and see.

Sure thing? but safer bets have been there in different years. 2008 draft comes to mind with CJ3, Rice, Forte, Matt Ryan, Flacco... etc. being available there.

How bout THIS year. Any other players there you feel are sure things??

That's why I dont think Lattimore is a gamble at 11 at all. It only feels that way cause you know he is worthless for 2013

Sure thing? but safer bets have been there in different years. 2008 draft comes to mind with CJ3, Rice, Forte, Matt Ryan, Flacco... etc. being available there.

How bout THIS year. Any other players there you feel are sure things??

That's why I dont think Lattimore is a gamble at 11 at all. It only feels that way cause you know he is worthless for 2013
You're missing the point. Lattimore's full recovery - which you are banking on - is nowhere near a slam dunk. Thus, relying on his recovery is a risky proposition. Thus, drafting him is a meaningful gamble.Further, plenty of "ultra-talented" players have flamed out in the NFL. Lattimore, at least to my eyes, wasn't as uber-talented as top-tier RBs when healthy. While I'm heavily rooting for the guy, not sure why folks are getting on the hype train so readily.

Have you ever picked a player at 11 that you thought was a sure thing??? I don't think it's much of a gamble at all. If he recovers fully he is the best RB in this class. I guess you are gambling that he fully recovers, but I can't call picking him at 11 a gamble. Good pick. I also think he will have good value during the year for a team rebuilding in case you needed a player to win now
Sure thing? but safer bets have been there in different years. 2008 draft comes to mind with CJ3, Rice, Forte, Matt Ryan, Flacco... etc. being available there.But this year, Lattimore is well worth taking there.
How bout THIS year. Any other players there you feel are sure things?? That's why I dont think Lattimore is a gamble at 11 at all. It only feels that way cause you know he is worthless for 2013
You're missing the point. Lattimore's full recovery - which you are banking on - is nowhere near a slam dunk. Thus, relying on his recovery is a risky proposition. Thus, drafting him is a meaningful gamble.Further, plenty of "ultra-talented" players have flamed out in the NFL. Lattimore, at least to my eyes, wasn't as uber-talented as top-tier RBs when healthy. While I'm heavily rooting for the guy, not sure why folks are getting on the hype train so readily.
Because without the injury he is the likely consensus #1 pick in rookie drafts. The gamble is on whether he fully recovers or not, because getting the consensus #1 player at pick 11 knowing you have to wait a full year, to me isn't any riskier than any other player available.

Have you ever picked a player at 11 that you thought was a sure thing??? I don't think it's much of a gamble at all. If he recovers fully he is the best RB in this class. I guess you are gambling that he fully recovers, but I can't call picking him at 11 a gamble. Good pick. I also think he will have good value during the year for a team rebuilding in case you needed a player to win now
Sure thing? but safer bets have been there in different years. 2008 draft comes to mind with CJ3, Rice, Forte, Matt Ryan, Flacco... etc. being available there.But this year, Lattimore is well worth taking there.
How bout THIS year. Any other players there you feel are sure things?? That's why I dont think Lattimore is a gamble at 11 at all. It only feels that way cause you know he is worthless for 2013
Because without the injury he is the likely consensus #1 pick in rookie drafts. The gamble is on whether he fully recovers or not, because getting the consensus #1 player at pick 11 knowing you have to wait a full year, to me isn't any riskier than any other player available.
Then we're just getting into semantics here, because I think most people view.....taking on the risk of a guy recovering from a gruesome injury as a gamble. Now, on the flip side, you're right that other players also have a different risk factor -- the risk that they are just flat out busts for other reasons. Guess what? Lattimore has that same risk.

One last comment: people keep repeating this fiction that Lattimore would have been the consensus #1 player. How does anyone know that? I mean, the "experts" haven't exactly broken down tape of him the same way they do for 1st round picks.....it's more than possible that, if healthy, Lattimore would have still been a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

Sure thing? :no: but safer bets have been there in different years. 2008 draft comes to mind with CJ3, Rice, Forte, Matt Ryan, Flacco... etc. being available there.But this year, Lattimore is well worth taking there.
2008 was perhaps the best rb draft since ... maybe ever.

Then we're just getting into semantics here, because I think most people view.....taking on the risk of a guy recovering from a gruesome injury as a gamble. Now, on the flip side, you're right that other players also have a different risk factor -- the risk that they are just flat out busts for other reasons. Guess what? Lattimore has that same risk. One last comment: people keep repeating this fiction that Lattimore would have been the consensus #1 player. How does anyone know that? I mean, the "experts" haven't exactly broken down tape of him the same way they do for 1st round picks.....it's more than possible that, if healthy, Lattimore would have still been a 2nd or 3rd round pick.
by #1 I was assuming it meant in dynasty drafts. I don't think he has Richardson potential at all. More like Forte or Gore potential.

I think its safe to assume that all draft picks, even 1.01 are risky and may bust. This is also true in the NFL (See Ryan Leaf!). A lot of this discussion talks about Lattimore at 11. If you are pcking 11 chances are you were a super bowl team. What about at pick 13, where you were a toilet bowl team and rebuilding? Is he worth the extra wait to see if he will pay off a yr or two down the road.

For example I just pulled the trigger this AM with Lattimore at 2.01 with my last place team. I loved his talent and believe in him to get back. In addition I love his landing spot in SF as I am a believer that Gore is edging ear the RB cliff. However I know have to sit on him all year (actually hope he is IR to free up a roster spot) when I could have taken Keenan Allen who woud be WR 4-5 for me this year

By seeing this Roster I am not deep at all, but feel I can compete if QB pay doesn't suck like last year! PPR start 1-3 RB, 2-4 WR, 1-2 TE

QB Stafford, Rivers

RB Bush, Wilson, Bernard (1.01)

WR Julio, James Jones, Amendola, Burleson/Broyles, Hilton

TE Finley, Gresham, Petti

Also if he was a healthy 2nd rounder this year he still might have been the first back taken.

Also if he was a healthy 2nd rounder this year he still might have been the first back taken.
Lots of "ifs" and "mights" in this line of thinking. If Eddie Lacy's toe hadn't been fused, he might have gotten drafted in the 1st round... or teams might still have passed on him because of his work ethic concerns. Marcus Lattimore could have potentially been the #1 pick in this year's rookie draft, but it was hardly a fait accompli- he wasn't exactly setting the world on fire before the injury, and even when he was fully healthy as a freshman his game had holes (most notably, I question whether he ever had the speed typically associated with 1st round RBs). But still, I grant that especially in the 2013 draft (which gave us the weakest skill crop in memory), there is a pretty solid chance that a healthy Lattimore would have been the consensus top rookie. I'd put the odds at 50/50 either way.Now, the injury absolutely did happen, and that has to factor into his risk profile. You're not drafting a guy who'll sit out a year and then immediately be the player who would have cost the #1 overall to acquire. You're drafting a guy who might sit out a year or longer and then might regain the form that might have led to him costing the #1 overall. Or maybe not. For that kind of risk profile, I think a pick at the end of the 1st or beginning of the 2nd is very appropriate, and not a market overreaction.I will say that the fact that Lattimore will likely be useless for 2013 is overrated. If you're ever in a position where you're counting on a rookie to be immediately productive, you're already in big trouble. Outside of a few immediately-ready-for-prime-time RBs (who are always gone within the first few picks), the odds of getting any production at all out of even fully healthy rookies are just too low to count on. Calvin Johnson was a top draft pick and the most dominant physical specimen at WR I have ever seen enter the league, and even he only performed as WR35 as a rookie. If your team is so bad that starting WR35 helps you out, then your team is probably too bad to make any noise, anyway. Unless you're burning a top pick (and this year, not even then), you should probably count on getting a zero from your rookies, and just be pleasantly surprised if that's wrong. In that respect, Lattimore's 2013 is just a certain zero instead of a highly likely zero, which isn't much of a change at all and shouldn't be held against him when deciding to draft him. Draft him based on how good you think he is and how likely you think he is to recover, not based on how productive he'll be in 2013.

Got him at pick 22 (IDP league).

14.6 carries per touchdown in his college career in the SEC. That is very impressive.

I have sat on rb's for long periods before. Hopefully it is only one year for Lattimore.

Then we're just getting into semantics here, because I think most people view.....taking on the risk of a guy recovering from a gruesome injury as a gamble. Now, on the flip side, you're right that other players also have a different risk factor -- the risk that they are just flat out busts for other reasons. Guess what? Lattimore has that same risk.

One last comment: people keep repeating this fiction that Lattimore would have been the consensus #1 player. How does anyone know that? I mean, the "experts" haven't exactly broken down tape of him the same way they do for 1st round picks.....it's more than possible that, if healthy, Lattimore would have still been a 2nd or 3rd round pick.
Because he was the projected consensus #1 player before he was injured.

And no Latimore to me does not have that same "bust factor risk" as the other guys, because he is more talented. He has a bust risk, but not as high as lesser talented players.

Because he was the projected consensus #1 player before he was injured.

And no Latimore to me does not have that same "bust factor risk" as the other guys, because he is more talented. He has a bust risk, but not as high as lesser talented players.
Projected by whom? The fantasy football community?

Missed out on him at 1.08 and 1.09 in both my rookie dynasty drafts. If he is there in the 2nd you take him.

I've said all along that I never thought he was as good as advertised even before his first injury...then he never proved he was fully recovered from that injury, and suffered the most recent, devastating injury.

But when he was available at 2.04 for me today, I said #### it and pulled the trigger. The value and potential payoff there were too enticing.

I've said all along that I never thought he was as good as advertised even before his first injury...then he never proved he was fully recovered from that injury, and suffered the most recent, devastating injury.

But when he was available at 2.04 for me today, I said #### it and pulled the trigger. The value and potential payoff there were too enticing.

I think this is a draft where taking Lattimore for his potential is worth it even if you're not 100% sold on him.

Ummm, yes. This is a fantasy football forum correct?
Do you miss the point in every thread, or just this one + the Tebow thread? Lattimore was the consensus #1 pick.....back in September. Matt Barkley was a consensus stud QB back then too. Nobody has any clue where Lattimore would have stood as a prospect at this point, if he had stayed healthy.

Do you miss the point in every thread, or just this one + the Tebow thread? Lattimore was the consensus #1 pick.....back in September. Matt Barkley was a consensus stud QB back then too. Nobody has any clue where Lattimore would have stood as a prospect at this point, if he had stayed healthy.
You cant compare those two. Barkley sucked when PLAYING.. When Lattimore was healthy and playing, he was better than all the other RBs in this draft.

Also, no f'ing clue what you are talking about in regards to the Tebow thread

They do have hunter and James back there as well. Hunter seemed more than capable subbing for Gore this year and James has serious potential. You not only have the injury to get over, the competition behind Gore.

I did take the plunge and grabbed him at 2.01. Also have Hunter so feel confident one will replace gore doen the road behind that solid O line!

Maybe its just me but I have more or less taken him off of my board completely, even in the 2 or 3 leagues I own Gore/Hunter/James or a combo of the 3. The price it takes to get the guy is still too much considering the injury history. I know that gruesome injury last October was somewhat of a fluke, but that was horrible and the guy is going to be considered to be the most injury prone RB in the league when he does finally put on the pads and get into a game. And every time he takes a shot to the legs I will be holding my breath and wincing if I'm an owner. Again, I get it, the medical profession has vastly improved in repairing and rehabbing these injuries and James Andrews did the surgery, but ACL one season and the next season he follows it with a total destruction of the other knee as well as having ankle issues at times....I just don't know see how that risk improves in the NFL.

I do hope the kid recovers but I'm just not willing to give a 1.7 to 2.4 in a rookie draft hoping he might amount to something in 2014 or 15 and not be part of a RBBC.

Maybe its just me but I have more or less taken him off of my board completely, even in the 2 or 3 leagues I own Gore/Hunter/James or a combo of the 3. The price it takes to get the guy is still too much considering the injury history. I know that gruesome injury last October was somewhat of a fluke, but that was horrible and the guy is going to be considered to be the most injury prone RB in the league when he does finally put on the pads and get into a game. And every time he takes a shot to the legs I will be holding my breath and wincing if I'm an owner. Again, I get it, the medical profession has vastly improved in repairing and rehabbing these injuries and James Andrews did the surgery, but ACL one season and the next season he follows it with a total destruction of the other knee as well as having ankle issues at times....I just don't know see how that risk improves in the NFL.

I do hope the kid recovers but I'm just not willing to give a 1.7 to 2.4 in a rookie draft hoping he might amount to something in 2014 or 15 and not be part of a RBBC.
What I've been trying to get people to understand is even if you don't believe in him there will be someone who does next year. Almost no late 1st/early 2nd draft is almost guaranteed to hold their value next year like Lattimore is (barring a setback).

cstu, on 03 Jun 2013 - 01:23, said:

Rookie_Whisperer, on 03 Jun 2013 - 00:15, said:Maybe its just me but I have more or less taken him off of my board completely, even in the 2 or 3 leagues I own Gore/Hunter/James or a combo of the 3. The price it takes to get the guy is still too much considering the injury history. I know that gruesome injury last October was somewhat of a fluke, but that was horrible and the guy is going to be considered to be the most injury prone RB in the league when he does finally put on the pads and get into a game. And every time he takes a shot to the legs I will be holding my breath and wincing if I'm an owner. Again, I get it, the medical profession has vastly improved in repairing and rehabbing these injuries and James Andrews did the surgery, but ACL one season and the next season he follows it with a total destruction of the other knee as well as having ankle issues at times....I just don't know see how that risk improves in the NFL.I do hope the kid recovers but I'm just not willing to give a 1.7 to 2.4 in a rookie draft hoping he might amount to something in 2014 or 15 and not be part of a RBBC.
What I've been trying to get people to understand is even if you don't believe in him there will be someone who does next year. Almost no late 1st/early 2nd draft is almost guaranteed to hold their value next year like Lattimore is (barring a setback).
Well, whatever his value is right now can only go UP as the season progresses I would imagine. It wouldn't make any sense for people to value him less than they do right now unless there are reports of his healing progess going terribly bad. I think midseason the teams who are out of the playoff hunt would be interested in trading for him. If I am out of contention in any leagues, I know I will be.If you draft him in the 2nd in hopes of flipping him during the season in a package where he is a 1st round value as part of the deal, I think you will be rewarded for it.

While I do agree with your post, the part I bolded stood out to me a bit. After owning Charles, AP and countless others I tend to hold my breath anytime ANY of my RBs take a hit to the legs. At some point you have to at least consider the talent, and know that the likelyhood of any RB blowing out a knee is above average.

Edit to add: I have three picks at the end of the 1st/top of the 2nd. I am good at RB, so if Lattimore is there I will likely bite. Worked great for me with McGahee.......

Completely agree with this. Every league has at least 1-2 owners who will get really jazzed about Lattimore going into next year, which is precisely why he has solid value in the late 1st/early 2nd. As a potential owner, I'm rooting for him NOT to play a single snap this year -- if he plays & looks less than perfect, people will use it as an excuse to downgrade him. If he sits out all year to get healthy, his value will rise multiples. Truly, my biggest fear is that he plays in 2013.

You cant compare those two. Barkley sucked when PLAYING.. When Lattimore was healthy and playing, he was better than all the other RBs in this draft.

Also, no f'ing clue what you are talking about in regards to the Tebow thread
Of course I can compare those two. Coming into this past college footbal season, everyone thought Barkley was a stud. Then he played another full season, and his value plunged.

The same could have happened to Lattimore if people truly watched a full season of tape on Lattimore for 2012. Dude didn't exactly light it up -- he had 662 yards in 9 games, and he averaged only 4.6 yards per carry.....which is not an elite number for a college RB. Lattimore had 13 carries for 35 yds vs LSU, and 3 carries for 13 yds vs Florida. Hell, he only carried 13 times for 40 yds against East Carolina. His only truly impressive game was vs Georgia - and that was indeed impressive.

Don't get me wrong - I think he presents good value in the late 1st/early 2nd, but some of the rationalization around this dude is out of control.

Of course I can compare those two. Coming into this past college footbal season, everyone thought Barkley was a stud. Then he played another full season, and his value plunged.

The same could have happened to Lattimore if people truly watched a full season of tape on Lattimore for 2012. Dude didn't exactly light it up -- he had 662 yards in 9 games, and he averaged only 4.6 yards per carry.....which is not an elite number for a college RB. Lattimore had 13 carries for 35 yds vs LSU, and 3 carries for 13 yds vs Florida. Hell, he only carried 13 times for 40 yds against East Carolina. His only truly impressive game was vs Georgia - and that was indeed impressive.

Don't get me wrong - I think he presents good value in the late 1st/early 2nd, but some of the rationalization around this dude is out of control.
I dont think calling him the best RB in this class in out of control in the slightest bit.

Thanks for the replies. I know I'm in the minority here as to where I would actually take him, and I get that he could be a guy that retains his current value into next season, but it's his chance at production that I doubt which is why I don't value him as much as some do. His actual chance at production assumes that the 49ers don't go drafting another RB next year, unearth someone else or either Hunter/James don't show they can handle an increased workload if thrust into that position. This also assumes that he doesn't have a setback in his rehab (as mentioned above by 'cstu'), that he will return to pre-injury form, that he is indeed the type of player who skills translate to the NFL as a feature back and that he doesn't turn right around and get injured again. We just won't know who the guy is in the NFL for at least a year and to me, the longer he sits out, the less he is worth.

I understand there will be a few in every league who perceive some value in the guy, regardless if he plays or not between now and next year and will pay a price for him in exchange, but I usually tend to be a little more in the "win now" frame of mind when it comes to RBs. I absolutely get what you guys are saying though and don't disagree in taking him if in rebuild mode or as trade bait to be used later. I'm just not in rebuild mode in any of my 10 leagues but if I were, I'm not sure I'd be building around a guy with two catastrophic knee injuries. I tend to target RBs with fresh legs who have avoided such things. (AP is the exception and not the rule)

To me, he was a luxury pick by the 49ers and they have very little to lose if he doesn't work out. Picked with the 34th pick in the 4th rd, there were obviously quite a few teams that just didn't want him even for a 4th. I see the McGahee comparisons to some extent, but he was still taken in the 1st and with that came the expectation that he would eventually be starting in the NFL for the Bills. They were willing to commit to him and wait it out, the 9ers don't really have a lot invested and certainly not enough to keep them from going out and getting another RB next year if they like what they see.

Anyway, just my 2 cents.

A bit of an exxageration, but you could take Lattimore at 1 overall this year, and even though you would get some weird looks, no one could really argue against it. Obviously the 2 injuries are an issue, but aside from those, you have no other issues with him. At 21 years old with his work ethic, I'll put my money on a full recovery for him.

I know he is going in the 1.10-2.02 range, but tell me who is going before him that doesn't have a big question mark of his own. You want your first round pick to be as sure a thing as possible. Thanks to all the coverage Lattimore has received, we know he has the character, the motivation, the work ethic and the skills to be a sure thing. All the other guys have question marks regarding their skill set, character, size, how their team will use them etc.

I know the guys going before Lattimore seem like a safer option because of his injury, but I think he may still be the safest option in this draft. To answer the OP's question, I absolutely think a team who is rebuilding should take Lattimore at 2.01.

A bit of an exxageration, but you could take Lattimore at 1 overall this year, and even though you would get some weird looks, no one could really argue against it. Obviously the 2 injuries are an issue, but aside from those, you have no other issues with him. At 21 years old with his work ethic, I'll put my money on a full recovery for him.

I know he is going in the 1.10-2.02 range, but tell me who is going before him that doesn't have a big question mark of his own. You want your first round pick to be as sure a thing as possible. Thanks to all the coverage Lattimore has received, we know he has the character, the motivation, the work ethic and the skills to be a sure thing. All the other guys have question marks regarding their skill set, character, size, how their team will use them etc.

I know the guys going before Lattimore seem like a safer option because of his injury, but I think he may still be the safest option in this draft. To answer the OP's question, I absolutely think a team who is rebuilding should take Lattimore at 2.01.
I think it would be much wiser to just trade the pick if that is your plan.

1.08 - 1.12 is a little early for a player that won't do anything until a yr and a half or so.... reminds me way too much of M Bush.

Really? You don't think a rebuilding team can benefit from getting Lattimore at 2.01? I think that's the perfect situation to get a guy who would have been number one overall if not for injury. The risk is well worth it, unless you get someone who will overpay to trade in. But from my experience the 2.01 doesn't fetch a whole lot in trade.

A bit of an exxageration, but you could take Lattimore at 1 overall this year, and even though you would get some weird looks, no one could really argue against it. Obviously the 2 injuries are an issue, but aside from those, you have no other issues with him. At 21 years old with his work ethic, I'll put my money on a full recovery for him. I know he is going in the 1.10-2.02 range, but tell me who is going before him that doesn't have a big question mark of his own. You want your first round pick to be as sure a thing as possible. Thanks to all the coverage Lattimore has received, we know he has the character, the motivation, the work ethic and the skills to be a sure thing. All the other guys have question marks regarding their skill set, character, size, how their team will use them etc. I know the guys going before Lattimore seem like a safer option because of his injury, but I think he may still be the safest option in this draft. To answer the OP's question, I absolutely think a team who is rebuilding should take Lattimore at 2.01.
Really? You don't think a rebuilding team can benefit from getting Lattimore at 2.01? I think that's the perfect situation to get a guy who would have been number one overall if not for injury. The risk is well worth it, unless you get someone who will overpay to trade in. But from my experience the 2.01 doesn't fetch a whole lot in trade.
I think he was referring to the bit about taking him first overall...

No no no, when you mentioned taking him at pick #1 overall

1.08 - 1.12 is a little early for a player that won't do anything until a yr and a half or so.... reminds me way too much of M Bush.
From every post I ever see who make, you seriously have to be the most "win now" owner of anyone one here.

You are the exact opposite of Peso.

I can just see you trading Gronk for Steven jackson, Crabtree for Reggie Wayne, Blackmon for Boldin, and a couple future 1sts for Gore.

Ha. That makes more sense. I certainly wouldn't take him at 1.01 myself. I was just exxagerating to emphasize what a value he is at 2.01.

Ha. That makes more sense. I certainly wouldn't take him at 1.01 myself. I was just exxagerating to emphasize what a value he is at 2.01.
how did that work out for you?

Users who are viewing this thread