What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Laurent Robinson (1 Viewer)

Fantasy Bum

Footballguy
Lost season: WR Laurent Robinson goes on I.R.

Falcons placed WR Laurent Robinson (hamstring) on injured reserve, ending his season.

This puts the cap on a disappointing season for the 2007 third-rounder. Robinson entered training camp as the starter opposite Roddy White, but knee and hamstring injuries held him to just five receptions in six games this season. Once a Dynasty sleeper, Robinson is now firmly behind both Michael Jenkins and Harry Douglas in the Falcons 2009 plans. Dec. 16 - 5:33 pm et
RotoworldAnyone else waste a pick on this guy in dynasty leagues besides me?

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely looked like a promising start, but with Roddy there, Jenkins getting a contract extension and Douglas showing some promise, he might be in danger of not even making the team. He was a Petrino draft pick, not one of Dimitroff/Smith.

:sadbanana:

If you have room, you might as well hold onto him and see what happens.

He has an excuse for his horrible season. He's definitely buried on the depth chart though.

Robinson is a great buy low. It's just a matter of him staying healthy. He is still the most talented WR on the team outside of White.

Robinson is a great buy low. It's just a matter of him staying healthy. He is still the most talented WR on the team outside of White.
Maybe, we'll see how Douglas pans out and Jenkins has stepped up in the possession role. He's consistently injured tho, and from what I understand, that goes back to his college career. Staff is pretty frustrated with him, but he's worth holding on to thru '09 training camp, IMO. Might as well see what you got.

PatrickT said:
Anthony Borbely said:
Maybe, we'll see how Douglas pans out and Jenkins has stepped up in the possession role. He's consistently injured tho, and from what I understand, that goes back to his college career. Staff is pretty frustrated with him, but he's worth holding on to thru '09 training camp, IMO. Might as well see what you got.
This is my thinking. I'm holding him and can probably afford to stash him away for a long term payoff.This is one of those situations where his being buried on the Atlanta bench may ultimately help his fantasy value down the road - the Falcons could think him expendable thus giving him a fresh start with a team that might have marginal starting talent. Talent + Opportunity (+ Health in this case).

Users who are viewing this thread