What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Leno out, Fallon in (1 Viewer)

Surprised Chelsea Handler gets no mentions.

If I was Fox I'd put Leno at 11pm and Handler at 12am.

Perhaps even put Handler with a prominent male-cohost. Switch the traditional format up a bit and make it more like her cable show.

Fallon has a best of show on. Pretty hilarious. Guy has a chance to make a huge mark IMO on the Tonight Show. He's a true A list talent, who commands A List respect.

Fallon has a best of show on. Pretty hilarious. Guy has a chance to make a huge mark IMO on the Tonight Show. He's a true A list talent, who commands A List respect.
Yeah, I've been entertained. Big fan of his interactive games with the guests. Entertaining to see Betty White play beer pong or throw water on Tom Cruise. Think he relies a bit too much on skits which are hit or miss and not a big fan of the music stuff. Wonder if he gets to keep some of Leno's good stuff like Headlines or Jaywalking.

ETA: Also intrigued to see what Myers can do. I think he has been very good with weekend update but carrying a whole show will require a different set of skills.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fallon does a good show. I think a lot of people haven't watched because he was so bad at first. His interviews are still kind of rough but I think most late night interviews are pretty horrible, Jay Leno's being the absolute worst.

Watched Lettermen a few weeks ago and maybe it was just a bad show but his opening monologue was so bad I had a hard time telling that he was actually doing jokes. Used to love his show.

I'm liking the show, but for crying out loud, stop the falling. It's not funny, it hasn't been funny, and it won't be funny.

Yeah, I've been entertained. Big fan of his interactive games with the guests. Entertaining to see Betty White play beer pong or throw water on Tom Cruise. Think he relies a bit too much on skits which are hit or miss and not a big fan of the music stuff. Wonder if he gets to keep some of Leno's good stuff like Headlines or Jaywalking.ETA: Also intrigued to see what Myers can do. I think he has been very good with weekend update but carrying a whole show will require a different set of skills.
I think Myers is going to go with a more serious bend. It'll still be a comedy show, but more in the Jon Stewart cerebral vein. I worry because he can't carry a Fallonesque show IMO and may fall well short of what Stewart does. My guess is that he struggles for awhile to find his identity. When he does, his audience will be loyal but niche. I don't think he'll be a staple of late night for more than a few years.

Yeah, I've been entertained. Big fan of his interactive games with the guests. Entertaining to see Betty White play beer pong or throw water on Tom Cruise. Think he relies a bit too much on skits which are hit or miss and not a big fan of the music stuff. Wonder if he gets to keep some of Leno's good stuff like Headlines or Jaywalking.ETA: Also intrigued to see what Myers can do. I think he has been very good with weekend update but carrying a whole show will require a different set of skills.
Really? Jay Leno does Jay walking....get it?

:doh: So they couldn't rename the segment or anything...

The bit Formerly Known as Jaywalking?

Flop Jimmy

I'll admit it, I like Fallon a lot more than I ever expected. Thought he was horrible on SNL - ruined just about every skit he was in. Somehow he found his niche and seems to keep getting better. He's not Carson or early Letterman but he's already surpassed Leno for me. I think one of the things I like about him is he seems like a genuinely nice guy and is not full of himself.

The bit Formerly Known as Jaywalking?
Actually interviewing random people on late night TV was a bit started by Steve Allen in the 1950s under the "Man on the Street" title. Sometimes it was real ordinary people, but sometimes he would bring in actors to fake it. Don Knotts was one actor as seen here in 1958:

www.godtube.com/watch/?v=JBCFEJNU

Jaywalking is just the latest iteration.

Users who are viewing this thread