What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Lessor Known Fruits You Enjoy (2 Viewers)

Ambivalence fruit. Obviously not as flavorful as passion fruit, but mighty tasty. Most people can take it or leave it.

Ok, instead of just naming fruit like brain dead FBGs, how about we talk about where it's found and how to prepare.  For example, I spoke up for plantains.  They are found in most grocery stores.  You want them more brown than green but not black.  You peel them like a banana, slice them up, and fry them in a little oil with some salt.  There are other preparation methods, but that's what I do.

Now how do we actually eat these myriad of other fruits that have been mentioned? 

Boysenberries.  But it has been a long time since I've had them.
"The boysenberry is a cross among the European Raspberry (Rubus idaeus), a European blackberry (Rubus fruticosus), an American dewberry (Rubus aboriginum) and the Loganberry (Rubus × loganobaccus)."

Talk about something that seems needlessly complicated...

Star fruit- wait until the outer most edges start to turn before slicing.

Had an israeli melon for the first time this weekend. Very very good. 

Just got back from Hawaii.  Their apple bananas are fantastic and I greatly prefer them versus the regular (cavendish?) kind we get at the supermarket.  Also, passion fruit is really awesome stuff.  Wait until it looks like you are thinking about throwing it away, then cut that sucker open and eat out the insides.  Have a great sweet/tart flavor.  Someone else mentioned lychee.  I really enjoyed those when I bought them from a roadside stand in Hawaii 5 years ago.  Didn't see them on this trip, but I know I can get them in Chinatown in Philadelphia.  Very very sweet and juicy fruit.

James Bond said:
Durian, if you can stand the smell. Cherimoya, but avoid the seeds.
saw this in the store yesterday.   i almost got one.  what do they taste like?  sweet and custardy?  is the texture nasty?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread