What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Let's talk Sleeper Hosting Site Pros and Cons (1 Viewer)

JohnnyU

Footballguy
I've heard conflicting reports on whether they offer league history, so let's clarify that. Also, I hear they aren't DEVY friendly. Are you saying they don't offer custom player ability? I've heard they mobile app friendly and that is their calling card, but what else do you you like? Is their User Interface nice or not? What other things do you like or dislike?

Are they free for a reason? Or am I wrong about that? Usually you get what you pay for.

Last edited:
The Pros I've heard is their mobile app and cost.

The negatives I've heard is league history, not DEVY friendly, flexibility, and their UI for desktop computers isn't all that great.

I would like to hear from those who use it.

Does anyone have a link to their league so we can snoop around?

Last edited:
I chatted with support at sleeper to verify whether they supported contracts or salary caps and they do not so sleeper is not even an option for our dynasty leagues.
I’m in one sleeper dynasty but it’s fairly basic, SF. It has league history so far as championships, drafts, and overall records. This league only goes back to 2019, it has all those records including games played.
The site isn’t especially user friendly. But once you get used to it, it works alright.

I’d pay for MFL when you have a choice.

I don’t know how to share a link to the league but my league ID is 1072964094526828544

Question for the Sleeper folks:

My keeper league is migrating from MFL to Sleeper this year. We have 4 year contracts for each player. Is there a way to put the contract year alongside the player name? Would rather not have to do this on a separate spreadsheet.

My keeper league is migrating from MFL to Sleeper this year. We have 4 year contracts for each player. Is there a way to put the contract year alongside the player name? Would rather not have to do this on a separate spreadsheet.
You can set nicknames for each player. I believe that could be a solution for your problem. This does not remove their actual name, but rather shows up underneath them on rosters , you can also add league notes to players.

You can set nicknames for each player. I believe that could be a solution for your problem. This does not remove their actual name, but rather shows up underneath them on rosters , you can also add league notes to players.
Tried that and it's unsmooth.
"Did you add notes for this guy?" "I think you forgot that guy."
We used a Google sheet and it went fine. I'd rather it all in one place though.

Sounds hokey.

I did a bit of research and you can add a note (e.g., contract year) to the player on the app only, not the website. Only the commish can do the entry, but everyone can see. Kind of annoying to type on the phone, but probably not a deal breaker for us.

I like their app setup and it's super quick to get comfy with it. Kudos to their developers as they got the hard part nailed down.

Last year appeared to be all about adding DFS for them. I know they've added other sports.

Their support is extremely approachable which is another good thing. They're not from India and they actually play fantasy so conversations are fluid.

They're a great "problem" for the industry. Competitors have to what? Have an easier app to use? Have better support? This is exactly what we all wanted to happen. I'm excited to watch this play out and reap the benefits.

MFL people are wonderful and been adored forever. RTSports...on and on with sites I appreciate. Now (it's been years but) they're challenged. They're quite capable so I'm excited for it all.

I did a bit of research and you can add a note (e.g., contract year) to the player on the app only, not the website. Only the commish can do the entry, but everyone can see. Kind of annoying to type on the phone, but probably not a deal breaker for us.
I'd email and request this functionality. Get it on their to-do list at least.
It might not be til another year but there's time before it gets hectic for 2024 so maybe.

They offer a JavaScript API which some people use beautifully to export the data and organize it.
Some SFB people seem to use it very well and share it on X.

They offer a JavaScript API which some people use beautifully to export the data and organize it.
Do they offer the ability to add custom players for DEVY?

I'd email and request this functionality. Get it on their to-do list at least.
It might not be til another year but there's time before it gets hectic for 2024 so maybe.
I did so, but all I got was a bot response that it won't be happening this year.

Reactions: Bri
Moved to it from MFL two years ago in one league and hated it at first. I didn't care for the user interface. Its grown on me some.

I like you can see which owners have read which posts in the chat room. There is a little icon that moves to the bottom once the owner access the chat room.

You can set up to be alerted of trade proposals instantly on your phone. I've found this to be easier making a deal happen vs the MFL emailing notification. Get two owners on the app at the same time and the back and forth goes smoother. I'm guilty of not checking my email regularly with MFL. After 4pm or the on the weekends its hit or miss with me. The phone is usually close by though.

cons... I feel like free agents get lost in the shuffle easier to me. MFL has more options to sort players. Sleeper has "Trending" players tab for FAs, but I feel its a day behind and more a feature for the masses.

Last edited:
That was one of the things I asked about when I chatted with support about contract and salary cap features and the response was "no".

Maybe the API question got lost in the shuffle but that is great to know. Thanks for the clarification.

Reactions: Bri
Do they offer the ability to add custom players for DEVY?
I don't think so.
Logically with a player database every league is using, I'm not sure that would be possible
Thanks for pointing that out. The grass isn't always greener on the other side.

We just moved to sleeper and I like it a lot more than MFL, on the mobile side for sure. That app was an abomination.

Sleeper runs smooth, is clean enough and is nice and simple. We don't need it to be anything complicated so it'll work for us.

We just moved to sleeper and I like it a lot more than MFL, on the mobile side for sure. That app was an abomination.

Sleeper runs smooth, is clean enough and is nice and simple. We don't need it to be anything complicated so it'll work for us.

I feel like the answer to this thread is very simple. If you need HEAVY customization and have a league with bizarro rules, or devy leaning... MFL remains the way to go.

For standard leagues, or leagues with little "strange stuff" going on... Sleeper is way to go. The mobile app really, REALLY makes our dynasty league day and night enjoyable

Users who are viewing this thread