What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Let's talk Tiki... (1 Viewer)

Yeah, I haven't seen much of H.K. and bd3521 in this thread lately.... :P

Last edited by a moderator:
His catches have dropped, which is troubling, but the Oline is doing a fine job getting him opportunities and Coughlin appears more than comfortable running the ball in the redzone. Even with Jacobs around, Tiki looks like a 1200 rushing yards/12 season is well within reach.
two(or more times) during the game the announcers pointed out that the offense this year goes thru Shockey. I would guess Tiki is two "checks" away now at least. I think in the past it was Amani or dump it to Tiki.I feel like Ward gets as much PT as Jacobs, curious if this is true or just me with one eye watching the baby one eye watching TV.

it's almost sad how Eli has blinders on for Tiki... i think Caughlen made it a point to tell Eli to get Tiki the ball last week (and what coach wouldn't w/ how miserabley Eli was throwing downfield)... i've seen quite a few Giants games this year and i've been amazed at how Eli stands around looking up field when TIki is open up the sideline... i think he averages 4-5 recs per game for the rest of the season tho

it's almost sad how Eli has blinders on for Tiki... i think Caughlen made it a point to tell Eli to get Tiki the ball last week (and what coach wouldn't w/ how miserabley Eli was throwing downfield)... i've seen quite a few Giants games this year and i've been amazed at how Eli stands around looking up field when TIki is open up the sideline... i think he averages 4-5 recs per game for the rest of the season tho
This was discussed on The Barber Shop (Sirius Program Tues nights/Wed mornings). Sounded like Tiki was frustrated with not seeing the ball more when they were down by only 7.

You can't criticize Eli too much for not immediately going to Tiki in the flat. Barber is the outlet receiver on that play. He's probably Eli's final checkdown. If Eli were going to the flat immediately the downfield game disappears and guys like Plax and Shockey don't get their touches.

Grin,I was one in the beginning of the year who dropped Tiki in my rankings. I didn't criticize you in this thread but I tended to agree Tiki would slip a bit. Late 2nd round seemed very appropriate for him. Maybe a touch later in Dynasty Leagues. Of course being a Giant fan I want Tiki to prove all the non-believers wrong so I'm stuck in a bit of a catch 22.My archnemesis drafted Barber in our dynasty league (initial season) this season. He got him late 2nd round. I took Steven Jackson 3 picks earlier. He's repeatedly tried to get me to trade for Tiki (I drafted Jacobs late) but I haven't been willing to part with younger featurebacks to do so. He's doing better than I this year, and Tiki's 27 point day helped him to a victory over me last week. Glad to see Tiki's done well. Wish he didn't get any touches last week. :rant:

This was discussed on The Barber Shop (Sirius Program Tues nights/Wed mornings). Sounded like Tiki was frustrated with not seeing the ball more when they were down by only 7.
i think it was an 8 point led... and i can understand his frustration... Eli was throwing horribly but Coughlin stuck with him... and if I'm not mistaken, that INT that he threw in the redzone was on 2nd down after Tiki gained 4 or 5... i was #####ing to my GF that either the coach was going to let Tiki win it for them (which he nearly did) or force Manning to lose it for them (which he basically did)... it'll be interesting to see how the play calling goes next week... especially on the GL after Tiki punched it in for 2

i think it was an 8 point led... and i can understand his frustration... Eli was throwing horribly but Coughlin stuck with him... and if I'm not mistaken, that INT that he threw in the redzone was on 2nd down after Tiki gained 4 or 5... i was #####ing to my GF that either the coach was going to let Tiki win it for them (which he nearly did) or force Manning to lose it for them (which he basically did)... it'll be interesting to see how the play calling goes next week... especially on the GL after Tiki punched it in for 2
I think the goal line carries will go this way. If the game is on the line they will go to Tiki. If it is early enough in the game or garbage time they will go to Jacobs.

I think the goal line carries will go this way. If the game is on the line they will go to Tiki. If it is early enough in the game or garbage time they will go to Jacobs.
Jacobs also only gets the ball in true goal-line situations. That doesn't mean inside the 5, it means inside the 2. If they get down to the 3 or 4 yard line, Barber usually gets one shot at it... if he's stopped at the 2-foot line, that's when you see Jacobs. So while Jacobs IS a vulture, it's not nearly as bad as some people were projecting. Barber has also looked a lot better than Jacobs in short yard situations this year, so Coughlin will allow Tiki even more opportunities. This is all I was saying at the beginning of the year - let's see how it all plays out before we assume Tiki is going to get 3 TDs and Jacobs 12.....

Jacobs also only gets the ball in true goal-line situations. That doesn't mean inside the 5, it means inside the 2. If they get down to the 3 or 4 yard line, Barber usually gets one shot at it... if he's stopped at the 2-foot line, that's when you see Jacobs. So while Jacobs IS a vulture, it's not nearly as bad as some people were projecting. Barber has also looked a lot better than Jacobs in short yard situations this year, so Coughlin will allow Tiki even more opportunities. This is all I was saying at the beginning of the year - let's see how it all plays out before we assume Tiki is going to get 3 TDs and Jacobs 12.....
At this point, if the ball is on the 1 inch line and the game is on the line late in the 4th quarter, I doubt that you will see Jacobs running on to the field. Tiki will get the call.

if the game is TRUELY on the line... i think you're right... but like the other dude said, if it's the first drive of the game or garbage time Jacobs will probably get the callnow i gotta go find that Tiki's TDs over/under thread and bump it :whistle:

Users who are viewing this thread