What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Lions may cut Harrington (1 Viewer)

Says, "not everyone is a Roethlisberger"
Translation: not everyone is a good QB.
Says Joey's stats are favorable with the other QBs in his draft class.
Translation: Joey is no worse than the other struggling QB from his class. I will cleverly disguise the fact that he is clearly inferior to at least two younger QB's (Roethlisberger and Leftwich). Joey's stats are also favorable with the other QB's whose initials are "JH".
Joey compares very well to other piano playing quarterbacks. :thumbup:

Says, "not everyone is a Roethlisberger"
Translation: not everyone is a good QB.
Says Joey's stats are favorable with the other QBs in his draft class.
Translation: Joey is no worse than the other struggling QB from his class. I will cleverly disguise the fact that he is clearly inferior to at least two younger QB's (Roethlisberger and Leftwich). Joey's stats are also favorable with the other QB's whose initials are "JH".
:lol: Is David Carr under the same spotlight? I haven't heard much talk about him being canned, despite being no better than Joey.I'm getting tired of defending him, but I'm not giving up on him yet either.

Is David Carr under the same spotlight? I haven't heard much talk about him being canned, despite being no better than Joey.I'm getting tired of defending him, but I'm not giving up on him yet either.
What would a Joey Harrington bashing thread be without a "Why isn't David Carr suffering the same criticsm?" post?

Is David Carr under the same spotlight? I haven't heard much talk about him being canned, despite being no better than Joey.I'm getting tired of defending him, but I'm not giving up on him yet either.
What would a Joey Harrington bashing thread be without a "Why isn't David Carr suffering the same criticsm?" post?
It's a very valid point. Their numbers are almost identical, yet Joey is a pariah and nary a bad word is said about Carr. It's a peculiar situation if you ask me. One borne of cycism and a long history of losing in Detroit. Houston just doesn't know any better and with the expansion team, Carr gets cut much more slack. Wrongly so, imho.

It's a very valid point. Their numbers are almost identical, yet Joey is a pariah and nary a bad word is said about Carr. It's a peculiar situation if you ask me. One borne of cycism and a long history of losing in Detroit. Houston just doesn't know any better and with the expansion team, Carr gets cut much more slack. Wrongly so, imho.
good point, just don't forget, Detroit hasn't lost its NFL franchise.Too bad Houston can't say the same.

I tink it's all a negotiations ploy. Harrington will likely be back next year. You Lions fans sure are hard on QBs. I remember how everybody hated Charlie Batch - now who was it that replaced him?
I actually liked Batch.If he had just had the good sense not to try to take on linebackers, he probably would have developed in to a top 10 QB by now.

I agree with you guys...it hasn't been fair but the Lions have not won anything for over 40 years...the Texans have only been in existence for a few years so there is less anger towards the franchise...

Mooch on Rome saying that the report is "nonsense"Says Lewis never wrote a letter.Says, "not everyone is a Roethlisberger".  Says Joey's stats are favorable with the other QBs in his draft class.Says he's "developing and making progress"Says, "we're trying to give him every opportunity (to be our guy)."Says, "thats the direction we're headed, and we're giving him every opportunity to be that guy."COLin
Mooch has to earn some of that 5 mill/yr doing something besides winning games. So he's good at spin doctoring and covering his ***.. Edited to add: I do like Mooch, but I think this season was a bit of a situation where we discovered that he might not be all he's cracked up to be. He failed to make adjustments until WAY after the fact on too many fronts.. the most glaring one was the RB situation. FWIW, I don't completely buy that Harrington is getting cut, but Tom "Killer" Kowalski also pointed out on the radio last night that they did/said the same exact things with respect to Robert Porcher's situation, and a couple others examples that have since been wiped off my short-term memory.I guess we'll just have to wait and see.. I'm not sold on Joey, but he's not as bad as other QBs we've lived through either. He's not accurate, he's a bit off in terms of his leadership and personality, but if he pulls it together with a healthy WR corps next year and KJ in the backfield.. it will be like Drew Brees all over. Just get us to the darn playoffs!I do find it pretty hilarious that with all the other holes on the Lions team everyone in Detroit has the microscope on Joey all the time. Forget the fact their secondary is overpaid and underperforming (Bly gets a bit of a pass because his '03 season was spectacular), their interior offensive line is weak and needs an upgrade, they have no TE on the roster that is a true dual-threat, and they desperately need to improve their outside pass rush and depth at DE because Kalimba Edwards is a one-dimensional player who isn't even as good as Tracey Scroggins was. ouch. -Bob
That's being completely unfair and inaccurate about their defense. They have one of the best--and deepest--d-lines in the league. Hall had 12 sacks on the outside. They're in much better shape there than many teams.Bly is in the pro bowl. Again.Bryant was injured and yes overpaid. The linebackers are going to be great.They do need TE, OG, safety...but they really don't have many holes heading into 2005.

Users who are viewing this thread