What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Lions Suh crashes car in Portland- Not injured WSJ (1 Viewer)

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2011/12/03/sports/football/AP-FBN-Suh-Car-Crash-.html?_r=1&partner=rss&emc=rss

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — Police in Oregon say Detroit Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh crashed his car into a tree in downtown Portland, but was not injured.

Police say Suh was not impaired and was cooperative with officers following the accident at about 1:15 a.m. Saturday. Suh lost control of the 1970 Chevrolet Coupe he was driving, which then hit a curb, light pole, drinking fountain and tree. His vehicle was towed from the scene.

Suh had two passengers in the vehicle. They were not injured.

Suh is a graduate of Portland's Grant High School. He was the NFL's 2010 defensive rookie of the year. On Tuesday, the league suspended him for two games for stomping the arm of Packers guard Evan Dietrich-Smith.

Just making room in his garage for all those Chryslers.

He and the man upstairs knew where he was driving, so the curb, pole, tree and water fountain must have been in the wrong.

Allright, the curb is the o-lineman, the drinking fountain is the RB held back to protect and the tree is the QB.

Watch this!!!

Vroooom...

Thread should get moved to the FFA or locked. It has nothing to do with football. People just doing stand-up here.

Thread should get moved to the FFA or locked. It has nothing to do with football. People just doing stand-up here.
Hmmmm...a star defensive player crashing his car in a major city has nothing to do with football? I'm sure Goodell agrees with you.The comments are warranted given this d-bag's history and MO.

Hmmmm...a star defensive player crashing his car in a major city has nothing to do with football? I'm sure Goodell agrees with you.The comments are warranted given this d-bag's history and MO.
The story is football-related. This thread is just filled with jokes though.

What is fatty mcbutterpants doing in Portland anyway?
reading comprehension down? Or just deductive abilities.Suh is a graduate of Portland's Grant High School. Sounds like it is his hometown. He's not allowed to be with the team, so why not go home and hang with your family etc.? Seems to have worked out well for Rolando McClain (who still might play on sunday :lmao: )

The story is football-related. This thread is just filled with jokes though.
Thank You!

The Seven Dwarfs were resting under a large tree in Portland waiting for Snow White to return from the ball, when Suh crashed into the tree they were resting under, Snow White saw the accident and rushed to the scene, she yelled out boys are you ok, she heard a voice cry out "I still think the Lions will make the playoffs", Snow White thought to herself, Thank goodness, at least Dopey's survived.

reading comprehension down? Or just deductive abilities.Suh is a graduate of Portland's Grant High School. Sounds like it is his hometown. He's not allowed to be with the team, so why not go home and hang with your family etc.? Seems to have worked out well for Rolando McClain (who still might play on sunday :lmao: )

Sounds like it is his hometown or is it? I'm surprised he graduated from any high school.

Sounds like it is his hometown or is it? I'm surprised he graduated from any high school.
A person has to be pretty dumb to be surprised that a college graduate would also be a high school graduate.

Have you ever heard him interviewed? He's obviously a pretty bright guy.

Was Coupe a model? Shouldn't it be Nova Coupe or something?
Of course it was a model. I keep mine right next to my Ford Sedan. From the way the accident sounds he was driving too fast and the car got loose. He then jammed the brakes and really slid. I'm torn here because it's a sick car whatever model it ends up being and I almost like him even more, but it looks like it was too much car for him. :bag:

I'm feeling far worse about the car right now. .. likely a Chevelle. :(
Tough to say, because they made made a ton of coupe models. Might even be a 'vette, but I can't see how he could cram himself into one and fit buddies.ETA: You're right it was a Chevelle SS :( :( :(

Last edited by a moderator:

A person has to be pretty dumb to be surprised that a college graduate would also be a high school graduate.
:own3d:

Firstly, it was a tongue in cheek comment. Secondly, how stupid can a person be to believe that these guys are actually putting in the work to graduate college? Wake up, son.

Tough to say, because they made made a ton of coupe models. Might even be a 'vette, but I can't see how he could cram himself into one and fit buddies.ETA: You're right it was a Chevelle SS :( :( :(
Story and photos here...http://www.kptv.com/story/16180041/nfl-player-involved-in-portland-car-crash

whats he doing in a 1970 Chevy coupe anyway? Do those even have anti-lock brakes? Airbags?
I'd like to salute this guy playing for Detroit buying and driving American; awesome car.http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-DJyOSbKbaJ4/Tg2wobsnq7I/AAAAAAAAABw/uzSVqG_FuyI/s1600/1970+Chevrolet+Chevelle+SS+396+%25282%2529.jpeg

The steering wheel was holding his arm. In an attempt to free himself and regain his balance it was necessary to ram the car into the tree 3 times.

Story and photos here...http://www.kptv.com/story/16180041/nfl-player-involved-in-portland-car-crash
Yup. It was too much car for him. You can tell the way that the tire is bent that it slid sideways into the curb after getting loose and then over-steering/brake mashing.Out of all the things he's done I think this is the first time I'm honestly disappointed in him. It looks dry out there too. :bag:

Passengers now say that Suh lied to police

“When the light turned green, he floored it,” one of the passengers told KGW. “I just remember going so fast and it was violent and just getting thrown around like rag dolls.”

The woman said she was injured in the crash and on Monday, she had a cut upper eyebrow, a black eye and a busted lip, which she said had required stitches. A second passenger backed up her claims but did not want to speak on camera. Both passengers requested that KGW not reveal their names, for privacy reasons.
:popcorn:

Firstly, it was a tongue in cheek comment. Secondly, how stupid can a person be to believe that these guys are actually putting in the work to graduate college? Wake up, son.
Suh graduated with an engineering degree. It was Nebraska, but still.

And stuff with Suh just gets weirder...http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Passengers-Ndamukong-Suh-lied-about-car-acciden?urn=nfl-wp13295

According to one of the passengers in Ndamukong Suh's(notes) car when the Detroit Lions defensive tackle hit a tree early Saturday morning in Portland, Oregon, Suh lied to the police about the reason for the accident, the number of passengers in the car, and the extent of the injuries one of them suffered.Just after the accident happened at approximately 1:00 Saturday morning, Suh told Portland police that he was passing a taxi cab when he lost control of his 1970 Chevy Coupe and crashed in to a tree. He told police that nobody in the car was injured, and no tickets or citations were given.But two people in the car have since spoken to Portland TV station KGW, and their versions of the accident and its aftereffects differ quite seriously from Suh's version at the scene. As a result, the police report has been amended to include passenger injuries, the possible reason for the crash, and the number of passengers in the car — from two to three."When the light turned green, he floored it," one of the passengers, who asked to remain anonymous, told KGW. "I just remember going so fast and it was violent and just getting thrown around like rag dolls."The woman told KGW that she suffered several injuries in the crash: a cut eyebrow, a black eye, and a cut lip which required stitches. A second passenger verified the woman's claims but did not speak on camera.Suh called 911 after the crash (listen to the call here) and said "Yes, everyone is fine" when the dispatcher asked, "Are you sure you don't need an ambulance?" But the woman said that she asked Suh to call an ambulance. Suh refused and told the woman that she was fine. From the scene of the accident, the woman walked away from the car and asked her husband to pick her up. She then was driven to the Oregon Health and Science University for treatment. The insurance company initially refused to pay for her injuries, only doing so when the police report was amended to support her story.The woman also said that nearly 50 people approached Suh's car after the crash and started taking photos. A witness named "Allan" spoke to KGW and said that the driver "floored it" when the stoplight at 3rd and Burnside turned green. The witness said that it looked as if Suh was trying to "show off" with screeching tires, and he did not see any taxi cab.When the woman in the car saw a television report about the crash on Sunday morning, she was upset because she felt Suh had lied to police, according to KGW.However, local authorities told the station that despite the amended police report, there were no plans to issue any citations."At no point did anyone there tell an officer that he [suh] was driving out of control," Sgt. Pete Simpson of the Portland Police Bureau told KGW. "The crash doesn't meet our threshold for investigation which is vulnerable road user, DUI, or serious trauma injury."KGW attempted to contact Suh, who declined to comment.Suh was in Portland after losing his appeal with the NFL to reduce the two-game suspension he picked up for kicking Green Bay Packers guard Evan Dietrich-Smith(notes) during a Thanksgiving Day game. As part of his terms, he is barred from team facilities through the length of the suspension.

Users who are viewing this thread