What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Suh lied about accident (1 Viewer)

DoubleG

Footballguy
Detroit Lions DL Ndamukong Suh lied to police about his crash in downtown Portland, according to two passengers in the car. Suh said that he was trying to pass a taxicab when he lost control of the 1970 Chevrolet Coupe and crashed into a tree, according to the original police report. He also said that no one was injured. No citations were issued. However, two of the people who were passengers in the car have since come forward with information that disputes Suh’s story and the amended police report also quotes a third passenger who said she, too, was injured in the crash. 'When the light turned green, he floored it,' one of the passengers said. 'I just remember going so fast and it was violent and just getting thrown around like rag dolls.' The woman said she was injured in the crash and she had a cut above her eyebrow which required stitches, a black eye and a busted lip.[ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ OUR VIEW ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ]A little more goofiness from Suh here. Let's hope we can get the news focus back to Football for him soon.
A "little more goofiness"? Seriously? The guy lied to police. There are things that I would call goofiness - lying to police officers in a traffic accident is not one of them. Also completely ignored are the underlying questions about who the "women" were and why they were in the car...and why Suh would cover up the fact that they were in the car at all. The guy is suspended for bad behavior, so he's hanging out with hookers and smashing up his car (despite the fact that his hometown police saying he "wasn't impaired"...just like Big Ben just happened to need to use the facilities) - and this is a "little more goofiness"?Wow. Talk about minimizing. Sometimes it's no wonder that professional athletes think they can get away with anything. Next, when it's confirmed that the "women" were prostitutes is the next item going to be "well, boys will be boys..."? :confused: I hate to sound all "holier than thou" - but usually you're better than this.

I agree, this seems more serious than people are making it out to be. But until charges are actually pressed against Suh, it will be a non-story (at least in fantasy football terms).

Detroit Lions DL Ndamukong Suh lied to police about his crash in downtown Portland, according to two passengers in the car. Suh said that he was trying to pass a taxicab when he lost control of the 1970 Chevrolet Coupe and crashed into a tree, according to the original police report. He also said that no one was injured. No citations were issued. However, two of the people who were passengers in the car have since come forward with information that disputes Suh’s story and the amended police report also quotes a third passenger who said she, too, was injured in the crash. 'When the light turned green, he floored it,' one of the passengers said. 'I just remember going so fast and it was violent and just getting thrown around like rag dolls.' The woman said she was injured in the crash and she had a cut above her eyebrow which required stitches, a black eye and a busted lip.[ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ OUR VIEW ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ]A little more goofiness from Suh here. Let's hope we can get the news focus back to Football for him soon.
A "little more goofiness"? Seriously? The guy lied to police. There are things that I would call goofiness - lying to police officers in a traffic accident is not one of them. Also completely ignored are the underlying questions about who the "women" were and why they were in the car...and why Suh would cover up the fact that they were in the car at all. The guy is suspended for bad behavior, so he's hanging out with hookers and smashing up his car (despite the fact that his hometown police saying he "wasn't impaired"...just like Big Ben just happened to need to use the facilities) - and this is a "little more goofiness"?Wow. Talk about minimizing. Sometimes it's no wonder that professional athletes think they can get away with anything. Next, when it's confirmed that the "women" were prostitutes is the next item going to be "well, boys will be boys..."? :confused: I hate to sound all "holier than thou" - but usually you're better than this.
How would you have expanded Joe's fantasy "take" on this?

Detroit Lions DL Ndamukong Suh lied to police about his crash in downtown Portland, according to two passengers in the car. Suh said that he was trying to pass a taxicab when he lost control of the 1970 Chevrolet Coupe and crashed into a tree, according to the original police report. He also said that no one was injured. No citations were issued. However, two of the people who were passengers in the car have since come forward with information that disputes Suh’s story and the amended police report also quotes a third passenger who said she, too, was injured in the crash. 'When the light turned green, he floored it,' one of the passengers said. 'I just remember going so fast and it was violent and just getting thrown around like rag dolls.' The woman said she was injured in the crash and she had a cut above her eyebrow which required stitches, a black eye and a busted lip.

[ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ OUR VIEW ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ]

A little more goofiness from Suh here. Let's hope we can get the news focus back to Football for him soon.
A "little more goofiness"? Seriously? The guy lied to police. There are things that I would call goofiness - lying to police officers in a traffic accident is not one of them. Also completely ignored are the underlying questions about who the "women" were and why they were in the car...and why Suh would cover up the fact that they were in the car at all.

The guy is suspended for bad behavior, so he's hanging out with hookers and smashing up his car (despite the fact that his hometown police saying he "wasn't impaired"...just like Big Ben just happened to need to use the facilities) - and this is a "little more goofiness"?

Wow. Talk about minimizing. Sometimes it's no wonder that professional athletes think they can get away with anything. Next, when it's confirmed that the "women" were prostitutes is the next item going to be "well, boys will be boys..."? :confused:

I hate to sound all "holier than thou" - but usually you're better than this.
Talk about maximizing.

Detroit Lions DL Ndamukong Suh lied to police about his crash in downtown Portland, according to two passengers in the car. Suh said that he was trying to pass a taxicab when he lost control of the 1970 Chevrolet Coupe and crashed into a tree, according to the original police report. He also said that no one was injured. No citations were issued. However, two of the people who were passengers in the car have since come forward with information that disputes Suh’s story and the amended police report also quotes a third passenger who said she, too, was injured in the crash. 'When the light turned green, he floored it,' one of the passengers said. 'I just remember going so fast and it was violent and just getting thrown around like rag dolls.' The woman said she was injured in the crash and she had a cut above her eyebrow which required stitches, a black eye and a busted lip.

[ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ OUR VIEW ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ]

A little more goofiness from Suh here. Let's hope we can get the news focus back to Football for him soon.
A "little more goofiness"? Seriously? The guy lied to police. There are things that I would call goofiness - lying to police officers in a traffic accident is not one of them. Also completely ignored are the underlying questions about who the "women" were and why they were in the car...and why Suh would cover up the fact that they were in the car at all.

The guy is suspended for bad behavior, so he's hanging out with hookers and smashing up his car (despite the fact that his hometown police saying he "wasn't impaired"...just like Big Ben just happened to need to use the facilities) - and this is a "little more goofiness"?

Wow. Talk about minimizing. Sometimes it's no wonder that professional athletes think they can get away with anything. Next, when it's confirmed that the "women" were prostitutes is the next item going to be "well, boys will be boys..."? :confused:

I hate to sound all "holier than thou" - but usually you're better than this.
How would you have expanded Joe's fantasy "take" on this?
For starters, I would have worded it much differently than "a little more goofiness" - that is classic minimization of what most normal people would consider a fairly serious offense (lying to police at the scene of an accident - about people that very well may turn out to be "paid friends"). Lying to police is not "little" nor can it be passed off simply as "goofy" - it's illegal and could land Suh in a world of trouble. Not to mention that the lie was obviously to cover up the fact that the "women" were even in the car - which begs the question, why?

I'm not suggesting that Joe should have expanded his take - just that the minimizing of the situation doesn't amke sense - and is actually extremely out of character. Normally, Joe takes a "wait and see" approach in issues like this. But passing it off as "a little goofiness" is already passing judgement (and one that is way too light and premature).

Talk about maximizing.
Lying to police is okay where you live? :popcorn:ETA: Or is it simply "goofiness" because Suh is a profesional athlete and that's what we've come to expect from them?

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the same impression as the OP.

I heard on the news this morning that there's a little more goofiness involving Sandusky.

Talk about maximizing.
Lying to police is okay where you live? :popcorn:ETA: Or is it simply "goofiness" because Suh is a profesional athlete and that's what we've come to expect from them?
No. But you have maximized it to the women being prostitutes and those prostitutes' accounts being the basis for the charges you want to see brought against Suh. I took Joe's comment to mean "Geez, this guy can't stay out of the spotlight" (kind of like the original thread we had here where people thought the story sounded a little fishy) not "hahahaha Suh may be a liar but he's still a cool guy!"

I'm really disappointed with Ndmukong.

His rookie year when he was tearing off helmets I thought, hmmm. Aggressive.

That aggressiveness continued to a point where I thought, hmnnn. Nasty, ok I can live with a big nasty defender.

Then this year, in the preseason, he rips off Dalton's helmet and I begin to woder about Suh so I suspend my opinion but it appeared he had transcended Nasty into a different realm.

Suh went off the reservation when he first went to Goodell to make an appeal and then turned around on a National televised game to shove a guy down three times and then kick him while he was on the ground, right in front of the ref, and then have the audacity to tell everyone not to believe their lying eyes but that he lost his balance and was being pushed down into the guy and he had no other options. The most ardent Suh defenders couldn't even accept that crackpot lie. Everyone was calling for a suspension and his supporters, me included, were hoping he would reflect on his actions.

OK, then the car crash.

Originally I thought, OH NO. Acholhol? Drugs?

No, just a minor mishap, whew!. I was glad until........

Curiosity.

I was a little curious because I used to live accross the river from Portland and I wanted to see where Suh has his car crash and found out it was on Burnside and I thoght, whaaaa? How could he crash a car on a straight street in downtown? I saw a picture of the car, looks pretty bad and I really got curious. How the heck could have lost control and crashed it that bad? I looked more into the story and it is pretty bad.

Reports of up to four females in the vehicle with two of them injured, one was injured pretty bad and she was married. The woman asked Suh to call an ambulance and he refused. She was severely injured according to reports from eye witnesses and she left the scene to avoid publicity. She phoned her husband to pick her up and they went to the hospital.

Suh handled the police and told them no one needed an ambulance and you can hear his 911 call where the operator asks if he needs an ambulance and he begins to say yes but then says something like "Yes, no one needs medical aasistance." Classic.

The woman really did need medical assistance and when she went to the hospital her insurance wouldn't cover it since Suh's police report lied and said that no one was injured. She HAD to get the police report changed so she simply get her medical bills taken care of.

SUH IS IN HOT WATER. REALLY HOT.

Oh and the reason he crashed?

He said he was passing a taxi, in a 25 mph zone.

No, not according to multiple witnesses and all of the women in the car.

Suh had a fast car and he was showing off.

I didn't know what to make of Suh and even I was not seeing it but I've changed my mind.

In my opinion he is not a good guy.

Talk about maximizing.
It's apparently ok to lie to the police here in Chicago. Lance Briggs crashed his Lamborghini in 2007 at 4AM on a downtown highway, fled the scene (could have been drunk), and reported his car stolen. Only to later admit he "panicked" and got off scot free. Much worse than Suh and nobody looks at him in a negative light.Nothing to see here in my eyes. It's a car accident and he or may not have been trying to get out of a reckless driving ticket. IMO, the NFL has no business investigating traffic tickets and car accidents (when no crime like drunk driving/stolen car was involved).Also, under Oregon law, it's NOT illegal to lie to the police regarding...it's only illegal to give a false name. And given that the woman didn't say anything until they they needed someone to pay for the medical bills because they couldn't do it themselves, there could be an ulterior motive to claiming Suh was reckless...who knows. He said, she said.

Talk about maximizing.
It's apparently ok to lie to the police here in Chicago. Lance Briggs crashed his Lamborghini in 2007 at 4AM on a downtown highway, fled the scene (could have been drunk), and reported his car stolen. Only to later admit he "panicked" and got off scot free. Much worse than Suh and nobody looks at him in a negative light.Nothing to see here in my eyes. It's a car accident and he or may not have been trying to get out of a reckless driving ticket. IMO, the NFL has no business investigating traffic tickets and car accidents (when no crime like drunk driving/stolen car was involved).Also, under Oregon law, it's NOT illegal to lie to the police regarding...it's only illegal to give a false name. And given that the woman didn't say anything until they they needed someone to pay for the medical bills because they couldn't do it themselves, there could be an ulterior motive to claiming Suh was reckless...who knows. He said, she said.
Their is a problem with the police report. Making a false POLICE REPORT especially when injuries have been covered up is different from lying to the police. You might lie to the police for any numbers of reasons that have nothing to do with a crime but filing a FALSE POLICE REPORT to COVER-UP an injury is a pretty big thing. You have to take a look at the car. Take a look at it and then ask how that car got so banged up in a 25 mile per hour zone? Blood on the windshield. The cops see its the famous Ndamukong Suh and he says he was passing a taxi and they let him off the hook.This would have been swept under the rug except the girl had to get the POLICE REPORT changed to take care of her medical bills. Now he's in hot water and so are the Portland cops who allowed him to get off the hook.Oh and hte woman who got injured? She's getting threats from the fans of Suh in the Portland area. She fears for her life. WHY?SO SOME RICH PUNK who was showing off in his car and the cops who allowed him to walk can get away with a crime.

Most people lie to the cops every time they get pulled over. "No officer, I don't know how fast I was going..." Who cares.

The story that's also irrelevant but interesting to me is some guys wife riding around with Suh in the middle of the night. How the hell do you deal with that as her husband?? (I'm not married) You KNOW Suh was either doing her, or going to do her.

'mikel0254 said:
Talk about maximizing.
Lying to police is okay where you live? :popcorn: ETA: Or is it simply "goofiness" because Suh is a profesional athlete and that's what we've come to expect from them?
It's apparently ok to lie to the police here in Chicago. Lance Briggs crashed his Lamborghini in 2007 at 4AM on a downtown highway, fled the scene (could have been drunk), and reported his car stolen. Only to later admit he "panicked" and got off scot free. Much worse than Suh and nobody looks at him in a negative light.Nothing to see here in my eyes. It's a car accident and he or may not have been trying to get out of a reckless driving ticket. IMO, the NFL has no business investigating traffic tickets and car accidents (when no crime like drunk driving/stolen car was involved).

Also, under Oregon law, it's NOT illegal to lie to the police regarding...it's only illegal to give a false name. And given that the woman didn't say anything until they they needed someone to pay for the medical bills because they couldn't do it themselves, there could be an ulterior motive to claiming Suh was reckless...who knows. He said, she said.
Their is a problem with the police report. Making a false POLICE REPORT especially when injuries have been covered up is different from lying to the police. You might lie to the police for any numbers of reasons that have nothing to do with a crime but filing a FALSE POLICE REPORT to COVER-UP an injury is a pretty big thing.

You have to take a look at the car. Take a look at it and then ask how that car got so banged up in a 25 mile per hour zone? Blood on the windshield. The cops see its the famous Ndamukong Suh and he says he was passing a taxi and they let him off the hook.

This would have been swept under the rug except the girl had to get the POLICE REPORT changed to take care of her medical bills.

Now he's in hot water and so are the Portland cops who allowed him to get off the hook.

Oh and hte woman who got injured?

She's getting threats from the fans of Suh in the Portland area. She fears for her life. WHY?

SO SOME RICH PUNK who was showing off in his car and the cops who allowed him to walk can get away with a crime.
And this is his fault? I hate this mob mentality and piling on. This is a guy who has never been in trouble with the law, yet he's been aggressive on the football field and had a few times in the last couple years been overly aggressive and went too far. He was an extremely standup guy coming into the NFL, and now after a couple aggressive plays I've heard every insult of character hurled at him on these boards and compared his "goofiness" to Big Ben (essentially raped a girl) and Sandusky (raped multiple boys) in this very thread. You guys take things too far. He tried to get out of a reckless driving ticket...
That woman would not have gotten death threats if Suh had done the right thing. Suh is reponsible for showing off and speeding which lead to the crash, Suh is reponsible for not allowing her to get medical treatment, Suh is responsible for lying to the police. She is getting threats right now. WHAT COULD NDAMUKONG SUH DO RIGHT NOW? How abouut step up and tell the truth and accept blame and tell his supporters to back off. He is repsonsible not the woman. He should have been a man and not been out with a married woman, he should not have tried to show off, he is responsible.

Crowd mentality? Its a bigger issue than that. The Portland black commuity gets screwed by the cops every day. Its really bad. Their are skinheads and a lot of racial crimes. The black community hangs together very tightly. Suh is a hero. ANYONE who dares to say a thing against him, especially a black woman (the woman who was injured is black) would be ripped apart by that community. Suh knows this, everyone who has lived there knows it.

Suh has to step up or she is in danger.

'mikel0254 said:
Talk about maximizing.
Lying to police is okay where you live? :popcorn: ETA: Or is it simply "goofiness" because Suh is a profesional athlete and that's what we've come to expect from them?
It's apparently ok to lie to the police here in Chicago. Lance Briggs crashed his Lamborghini in 2007 at 4AM on a downtown highway, fled the scene (could have been drunk), and reported his car stolen. Only to later admit he "panicked" and got off scot free. Much worse than Suh and nobody looks at him in a negative light.Nothing to see here in my eyes. It's a car accident and he or may not have been trying to get out of a reckless driving ticket. IMO, the NFL has no business investigating traffic tickets and car accidents (when no crime like drunk driving/stolen car was involved).

Also, under Oregon law, it's NOT illegal to lie to the police regarding...it's only illegal to give a false name. And given that the woman didn't say anything until they they needed someone to pay for the medical bills because they couldn't do it themselves, there could be an ulterior motive to claiming Suh was reckless...who knows. He said, she said.
Their is a problem with the police report. Making a false POLICE REPORT especially when injuries have been covered up is different from lying to the police. You might lie to the police for any numbers of reasons that have nothing to do with a crime but filing a FALSE POLICE REPORT to COVER-UP an injury is a pretty big thing.

You have to take a look at the car. Take a look at it and then ask how that car got so banged up in a 25 mile per hour zone? Blood on the windshield. The cops see its the famous Ndamukong Suh and he says he was passing a taxi and they let him off the hook.

This would have been swept under the rug except the girl had to get the POLICE REPORT changed to take care of her medical bills.

Now he's in hot water and so are the Portland cops who allowed him to get off the hook.

She's getting threats from the fans of Suh in the Portland area. She fears for her life. WHY?

SO SOME RICH PUNK who was showing off in his car and the cops who allowed him to walk can get away with a crime.
And this is his fault? I hate this mob mentality and piling on. This is a guy who has never been in trouble with the law, yet he's been aggressive on the football field and had a few times in the last couple years been overly aggressive and went too far. He was an extremely standup guy coming into the NFL, and now after a couple aggressive plays I've heard every insult of character hurled at him on these boards and compared his "goofiness" to Big Ben (essentially raped a girl) and Sandusky (raped multiple boys) in this very thread. You guys take things too far. He tried to get out of a reckless driving ticket...
That woman would not have gotten death threats if Suh had done the right thing. Suh is reponsible for showing off and speeding which lead to the crash, Suh is reponsible for not allowing her to get medical treatment, Suh is responsible for lying to the police. She is getting threats right now. WHAT COULD NDAMUKONG SUH DO RIGHT NOW? How abouut step up and tell the truth and accept blame and tell his supporters to back off. He is repsonsible not the woman. He should have been a man and not been out with a married woman, he should not have tried to show off, he is responsible.

Crowd mentality? Its a bigger issue than that. The Portland black commuity gets screwed by the cops every day. Its really bad. Their are skinheads and a lot of racial crimes. The black community hangs together very tightly. Suh is a hero. ANYONE who dares to say a thing against him, especially a black woman (the woman who was injured is black) would be ripped apart by that community. Suh knows this, everyone who has lived there knows it.

"He should have been a man and not been out with a married woman" Did you actually write that?A MARRIED WOMAN should not be out with Suh at 1:30AM! I'm not sure why you are putting her in the holy light. If I had to guess, he wasn't showing off. He was getting road head by a woman cheating on her husband and lost control of his car.

Counter argument: The woman is 100% responsible. If she wasn't in the car, he wouldn't have been trying to show off and/or get her home to bang her. She should NOT have been out cheating on her husband. Karma caused her injury.

Man it's pretty easy to blow stuff out of proportion and see what you want to see, isn't it?

Why was Suh in Portland late in the season?

Oh, he had multiple violations of over-aggressive behavior and when he is caught on national TV where everyone can see what he did, he lied to try to get out of what he did.

That is why Suh was in Portland, on SUSPENSION from his multi-million dollar job. Because he violated rules multiple times.

He was out, in his speedy sports car with four women.

So yeah, you are right.

Suh isn't responsible.

Its the one woman who was soo severely injured she had to seek medical assitance when Suh refused to get her help.

SUH IS REPONSIBLE.

'hoopvillian said:
Counter argument: The woman is 100% responsible. If she wasn't in the car, he wouldn't have been trying to show off and/or get her home to bang her. She should NOT have been out cheating on her husband. Karma caused her injury.Man it's pretty easy to blow stuff out of proportion and see what you want to see, isn't it?
I'll just say this, if my wife were out with a single guy at 1:30AM, I'm not blaming the single guy...and the divorse papers would read her fault, no one elses.

'Bracie Smathers said:
'mikel0254 said:
'Bracie Smathers said:
'mikel0254 said:
'DoubleG said:
'RUSF18 said:
Talk about maximizing.

There is way too much conclusion jumping here. First, we can't say for to what degree the woman needed medical attention, or whether she was asking for medical attention at the scene of the accident. Second, we have no idea who these women are, so the suggestions that they were prostitutes is total speculation. Third, the police have a responsibility to evaluate the scene of the accident and determine if medics need to be called. This does not fall all on Suh's shoulders. Fourth, we do not know whether he made a false statement to the police and/or whether he had a motive to do so. It may be that he was indeed "passing a taxi cab", as well as speeding or driving recklessly. It may also be that he thought the women did not need medical attention. Again, the police have a duty to evaluate the scene and interview the witnesses, and then write a report and decide if charges are in order. It sounds to me more like shabby police work than anything else, assuming Suh's story doesn't add up. In my opinion this will go away and Suh will not face any charges because as has been pointed out its a he said/she said situation.

Why was Suh in Portland late in the season?Oh, he had multiple violations of over-aggressive behavior and when he is caught on national TV where everyone can see what he did, he lied to try to get out of what he did.That is why Suh was in Portland, on SUSPENSION from his multi-million dollar job. Because he violated rules multiple times.He was out, in his speedy sports car with four women.So yeah, you are right.Suh isn't responsible.Its the one woman who was soo severely injured she had to seek medical assitance when Suh refused to get her help.SUH IS REPONSIBLE.
Ought oh...don't go there. The Suh defenders will be rushing to point out that he went to HS in Portland so...duh. Connect the dots. Pretty obvious to them what he was doing many miles away from his temporary home in Michigan.

'hoopvillian said:
Most people lie to the cops every time they get pulled over. "No officer, I don't know how fast I was going..." Who cares.
This is entirely different than lying about who was in the car and why and if there were injuries as a result of an ACCIDENT...and everyone knows it.If many of you wish to turn a blind eye to professional athlete's breaking the law, that's fine. It doesn't suprise me at all - many did with Big Ben and Michael Vick. My only point was that I was suprised to see Joe do so, as he is usually more careful about minimizing illegal behavior.

'Bracie Smathers said:
'mikel0254 said:
'Bracie Smathers said:
'mikel0254 said:
'DoubleG said:
'RUSF18 said:
Talk about maximizing.

A lot of interesting suppositions made from the point of not knowing wtf you're talking about. According to the story the married woman didn't want to be treated there and called her husband. What does Suh have responsibility for there? Do you know why she was out with him? If she didn't want her husband to know, why call him and not a sister or friend? Those are just a few of the massive number of assumptions you're running under, all the while treating the women's allegations as true and almost making them sound like unwilling participants in the whole thing. A whoooole bunch of stupid in your post.

'hoopvillian said:
This is entirely different than lying about who was in the car and why and if there were injuries as a result of an ACCIDENT...and everyone knows it.If many of you wish to turn a blind eye to professional athlete's breaking the law, that's fine. It doesn't suprise me at all - many did with Big Ben and Michael Vick. My only point was that I was suprised to see Joe do so, as he is usually more careful about minimizing illegal behavior.
Nobody knows what happened in that car, but it's just as concevable that Suh lied to the police to protect the woman in his car rather than hurt them. We already know one was married, he could have exluded a couple details (sexual?) that may have exlained why the crash occured and the discrepancy in police reports between parties. In fact, we don't know that Suh lied at all. It's a he said, she said. How can you claim he was breaking the law at this point? Because of what a woman in the car said a day later after she needed medical bills paid by someone? It's all too fishy to place blame 100% on Suh

'hoopvillian said:
Counter argument: The woman is 100% responsible. If she wasn't in the car, he wouldn't have been trying to show off and/or get her home to bang her. She should NOT have been out cheating on her husband. Karma caused her injury.Man it's pretty easy to blow stuff out of proportion and see what you want to see, isn't it?
:goodposting: ...mostly.I always find it interesting that when things like this break most people only want to hang the most famous person involved. As if the mere fact that someone has appeared on your television screen should commit this person to being held to a higher standard than the rest of us. Suh is an idiot for showing off like a dbag then crashing his car. But it's plainly obvious that the woman was a full participant in covering up possible injuries because she didn't want her husband to find out. In fact she probably saw the cops coming and was crying about not mentioning she was there as she hobbled her skanky self home. Only after she realized she had to go to the hospital did she come clean. Fact is when crap hits the fan people's first instinct is to put the best face on the thing...especially when they think there might be legal trouble. He's stupid for risking money and his career with stuff like this....but really? Put yourself in a 20-something year-old's shoes with too much money in your pocket. I'm pretty sure a wrecked car and excessive use of your %^&*@! would be included among your stupid, mistake filled youth.

'Bracie Smathers said:
'mikel0254 said:
'Bracie Smathers said:
'mikel0254 said:
'DoubleG said:
'RUSF18 said:
Talk about maximizing.

There is way too much conclusion jumping here. First, we can't say for to what degree the woman needed medical attention, or whether she was asking for medical attention at the scene of the accident. Second, we have no idea who these women are, so the suggestions that they were prostitutes is total speculation. Third, the police have a responsibility to evaluate the scene of the accident and determine if medics need to be called. This does not fall all on Suh's shoulders. Fourth, we do not know whether he made a false statement to the police and/or whether he had a motive to do so. It may be that he was indeed "passing a taxi cab", as well as speeding or driving recklessly. It may also be that he thought the women did not need medical attention. Again, the police have a duty to evaluate the scene and interview the witnesses, and then write a report and decide if charges are in order. It sounds to me more like shabby police work than anything else, assuming Suh's story doesn't add up. In my opinion this will go away and Suh will not face any charges because as has been pointed out its a he said/she said situation.
Are you serious? Suh is in a 25mph zone and he wrecks his car. All of the women in the car were injured but one had a huge gash on her forhead and was profusely bleeding and required stiches at the hospital. She told Suh to call an ambulance, he refused. Their were multiple eye witnesses since this happened downtown Portland. ALL of them said their was no taxi, that Suh was speeding, and that a woman stumbled away from the wreck and had trouble walking.When the cops got there Suh covered up his actions, the crowd intimidated the other woman to not say anything but later they all independantly told the exact same story. Suh was showing off and speeding and had a wreck and they all were injured but one lady was bleeding and asked for an ambulance and Suh refused. He lied to the cops.

It would have all been swept under the rub except that women really was injured and had to get stiches. Her insurance company wouldn't pay unless she disputed the police report, that is what happened.

Now Suh has to face the music.

The NFL had fined Suh multiple times, no effect.

They suspend him so he would take responsibility for his actions and change his ways.

Maybe now Suh will realize its HIS problem. You actually have to take responsiblity when you screw up.

No matter how you or anyone wants to try and pin it on the married woman Suh is responsible and he will have to face the music.

Go look at the picturs of her injuries

In fact, we don't know that Suh lied at all. It's a he said, she said. How can you claim he was breaking the law at this point? Because of what a woman in the car said a day later after she needed medical bills paid by someone? It's all too fishy to place blame 100% on Suh
He told police that there were no women in the car. There were. :confused: Nobody is placing the blame 100% on Suh for the situation, either.

My issue (and the reason for the OP) is exactly that - we are not sure what happened. And minimizing it or casting it off as a "little goofiness" is not only not necessarily the case, but also lacks perspective. As more details surface, things are not what they originally seemed - nor are they what Suh first told police.

Generally, when people lie, it is to cover up something. In this case, that "something" could very well be something illegal...or else why lie about it to police? To simply discount that there was any wrong doing other than a "little goofiness" seems premature.

This thread is awful. Oliver Stone comes up with less conspiracies.

Suh has some issues to work out, no doubt. But man, the theories and mentality in this thread is laughable.

He told police that there were no women in the car. There were. :confused: Nobody is placing the blame 100% on Suh for the situation, either. My issue (and the reason for the OP) is exactly that - we are not sure what happened. And minimizing it or casting it off as a "little goofiness" is not only not necessarily the case, but also lacks perspective. As more details surface, things are not what they originally seemed - nor are they what Suh first told police. Generally, when people lie, it is to cover up something. In this case, that "something" could very well be something illegal...or else why lie about it to police? To simply discount that there was any wrong doing other than a "little goofiness" seems premature.
Where in the world did you get that Suh told police there were no women in the car??? I have not seen that reported.Most of your takes in this thread are asssuming Suh is lying, not the women. Why are you so willing to believe one person and not the other?Your post is speculation based on speculation based on speculation. It's ridiculous. If it's premature to call something "goofiness" isn't it also (incredibly) premature to assume that something illegal was going on, that Suh lied to the police, that Suh was covering something up, that the women were prostitutes, etc. etc?

'hoopvillian said:
I think it's Christopher Columbus's fault. If he didn't invent America, then the NFL wouldn't exist.

In fact, we don't know that Suh lied at all. It's a he said, she said. How can you claim he was breaking the law at this point? Because of what a woman in the car said a day later after she needed medical bills paid by someone? It's all too fishy to place blame 100% on Suh
He told police that there were no women in the car. There were. :confused: Nobody is placing the blame 100% on Suh for the situation, either.

My issue (and the reason for the OP) is exactly that - we are not sure what happened. And minimizing it or casting it off as a "little goofiness" is not only not necessarily the case, but also lacks perspective. As more details surface, things are not what they originally seemed - nor are they what Suh first told police.

Generally, when people lie, it is to cover up something. In this case, that "something" could very well be something illegal...or else why lie about it to police? To simply discount that there was any wrong doing other than a "little goofiness" seems premature.
Sorry, I should have clarified. I meant nobody knows if he lied about why he crashed, or the circumstances behind the crash. That's the he said, she said part. Unless you were there, there's really no way to know what happened. I'm not saying there's nothing fishy, there's tons of holes. However, like I said, it's just as conceivable that the reason there are holes is because he's covering it up to protect the woman involved.

Cmonh guys. Suh cannot be responsibile for what a couple of hoochies say. He is a well spoken construction management (remedial civil engineering degree) that has given a few mil to NU, so he's in the clear here.

Sorry, I should have clarified. I meant nobody knows if he lied about why he crashed, or the circumstances behind the crash. That's the he said, she said part. Unless you were there, there's really no way to know what happened. I'm not saying there's nothing fishy, there's tons of holes. However, like I said, it's just as conceivable that the reason there are holes is because he's covering it up to protect the woman involved.
Wrong! Suh is a witch! Burn him! Burn him! :hot:

'Bracie Smathers said:
'mikel0254 said:
'Bracie Smathers said:
'mikel0254 said:
'DoubleG said:
'RUSF18 said:
Talk about maximizing.

Are you serious? Suh is in a 25mph zone and he wrecks his car. All of the women in the car were injured but one had a huge gash on her forhead and was profusely bleeding and required stiches at the hospital. She told Suh to call an ambulance, he refused. Their were multiple eye witnesses since this happened downtown Portland. ALL of them said their was no taxi, that Suh was speeding, and that a woman stumbled away from the wreck and had trouble walking.When the cops got there Suh covered up his actions, the crowd intimidated the other woman to not say anything but later they all independantly told the exact same story. Suh was showing off and speeding and had a wreck and they all were injured but one lady was bleeding and asked for an ambulance and Suh refused. He lied to the cops.

It would have all been swept under the rub except that women really was injured and had to get stiches. Her insurance company wouldn't pay unless she disputed the police report, that is what happened.

They suspend him so he would take responsibility for his actions and change his ways.

Maybe now Suh will realize its HIS problem. You actually have to take responsiblity when you screw up.

No matter how you or anyone wants to try and pin it on the married woman Suh is responsible and he will have to face the music.

So the woman voluntarily leaves the scene of the accident to get medical attention and that's suh's fault? Why did she leave instead of talking to the police at the scene? You are assuming that the women are telling the truth and suh is lying. The woman has as much or more motivation to lie at this point because she is trying to get insurance coverage, so of course she is going to say she asked for medical attention but did not receive it at the scene. Ever consider that Suh is an easy target for a lawsuit?

I'm not saying Suh didn't do anything wrong here, but the onus is on the police at the scene to come up with an accurate report and make the call on charges.

Goofiness works. He's an immature idiot, but at least his instincts are sharp enough to cover his ### with local police.

'Bracie Smathers said:
'mikel0254 said:
'Bracie Smathers said:
'mikel0254 said:
'DoubleG said:
'RUSF18 said:
Talk about maximizing.

So the woman voluntarily leaves the scene of the accident to get medical attention and that's suh's fault? Why did she leave instead of talking to the police at the scene? You are assuming that the women are telling the truth and suh is lying. The woman has as much or more motivation to lie at this point because she is trying to get insurance coverage, so of course she is going to say she asked for medical attention but did not receive it at the scene. Ever consider that Suh is an easy target for a lawsuit?

I'm not saying Suh didn't do anything wrong here, but the onus is on the police at the scene to come up with an accurate report and make the call on charges.
You are shoveling a ton of bullpoopy here.

Does anybody care if he lied to the police? Suh has character issues we all know that. Goofiness or whatever how about we wait to see what happens. He will be dealt with by the police and or the league.

Does anybody care if he lied to the police? Suh has character issues we all know that. Goofiness or whatever how about we wait to see what happens. He will be dealt with by the police and or the league.
Police don't care. Its not like he knocked off a liquor store. He was having fun in his car and lost control. Call him a knucklehead and move on.

Police don't care. Its not like he knocked off a liquor store. He was having fun in his car and lost control. Call him a knucklehead and move on.
I bet Roger Goodell will care. Having fun speeding downdown, he's lucky he didn't kill someone.

So now we're to beleive that an NFL player, who is suspended and just crashed his car is lying to police... to protect some "lady"?And people are accusing me of being niave...

The "Suh lied about accident" title was from Joe's email - not my own invention or accusation.

Honestly, the reason for the OP is not about what Suh did or didn't do - it was about Joe's offhand dismissal and minimization of what could be a fairly significant story and a fairly serious situation involving breaking the law and attempt at a cover up.

My son and his wife were on the scene just after the accident and he said there were cop cars all over the place. There were also a ton of people at the scene immediately after the accident as most were coming out of Dante's Club where a band had just finished playing. My son didn't know who it was until we saw it on the local news the next day and he said "Hey - that's the accident we saw last night". So I'm guessing that there were others there that had no clue who was involved either.

I have no idea what happened but like another poster said - 3rd and Burnside is a city intersection - how he did that much damage in a 25MPH zone is questionable and the fact that he received no summons blows my mind. I'm guessing that if it was me - I would not get off without one.

The dynamics here are really strange - BUT it would have to be real ballsy police cover-up with that many people on the scene so quickly. And No - I am not a fan of Suh - at all.

'hoopvillian said:

The story that's also irrelevant but interesting to me is some guys wife riding around with Suh in the middle of the night. How the hell do you deal with that as her husband?? (I'm not married) You KNOW Suh was either doing her, or going to do her.
I'm thinking that's what caused the accident.Today's lesson: Always remember to park before you get your freak on.

Sorry, I should have clarified. I meant nobody knows if he lied about why he crashed, or the circumstances behind the crash. That's the he said, she said part. Unless you were there, there's really no way to know what happened.

I'm not saying there's nothing fishy, there's tons of holes. However, like I said, it's just as conceivable that the reason there are holes is because he's covering it up to protect the woman involved.
So now we're to beleive that an NFL player, who is suspended and just crashed his car is lying to police... to protect some "lady"?And people are accusing me of being niave...

The "Suh lied about accident" title was from Joe's email - not my own invention or accusation.

Honestly, the reason for the OP is not about what Suh did or didn't do - it was about Joe's offhand dismissal and minimization of what could be a fairly significant story and a fairly serious situation involving breaking the law and attempt at a cover up.
Didnt you hear? Joes in on it. Hes part of the cover up :lmao:

Is it conceivable that Suh and a bunch of woman, one of whom was married, were up to no good in that car? Yes. Is it conceivable that they tried to cover it up to protect those girls identities? Yes. I don't think I'm being naiveIt's pretty hard to drive when you're getting road head...

Users who are viewing this thread