What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Little Vick has been suspended by VT. (1 Viewer)

BigTex

Don't mess with Texas
For an undetermined amount of time. They've given him three choices, take the suspension, go pro, or transfer. Way to go VT. :thumbup:

For an undetermined amount of time. They've given him three choices, take the suspension, go pro, or transfer. Way to go VT. :thumbup:
How courageous of VT (after the season). :unsure:

What is the reason for the suspension?

"Violation of team policy"I don't actually know that, but that's what they always say.

Translation- "We have to give some reason, but we don't want to actually say, "our guy's: a pothead / raping girls / taking money from boosters / a jerk to the coaches / too stupid to get passing grades in Criminal Justice / etc."

He stomped on an opposing player's leg on purpose in their bowl game. He's also generally a no-character person and they finally had enough of his crap.

"Violation of team policy"I don't actually know that, but that's what they always say.

Translation- "We have to give some reason, but we don't want to actually say, "our guy's: a pothead / raping girls / taking money from boosters / a jerk to the coaches / too stupid to get passing grades in Criminal Justice / etc."
You don't watch much college football huh?

Did you watch the game?The incident happened mid-way through their bowl game (he stomped on a player that was down). Also, the act did NOT even get a flag. The refs did not see it. This is the right action by VT/NCAA.

It happened in the bowl game. Are they supposed to suspend him prior to his incidents now? :confused:

How long is the suspension?
It was announced as "undetermined" amount of time for stumping on the young as he laid helplessly on the ground in the bowl game.

Last edited by a moderator:
It happened in the bowl game. Are they supposed to suspend him prior to his incidents now? :confused:
I read somewhere that the OC almost suspended him at halftime.EDIT: It was in that link I posted above. It was the QBs coach:

The only person who stood up and said exactly what needed to be said was Tech quarterbacks coach Kevin Rogers.

He was so furious with Vick that he considered recommending to Beamer that the quarterback be benched.

He stomped on an opposing player's leg on purpose in their bowl game. He's also generally a no-character person and they finally had enough of his crap.
I wouldn't suspend him for that. But, I would suspend him for his comments since then. I believe he has given the usual crap about it being an accident or whatever and not just saying, "Sorry, I messed up." He even claims to have apologized to the player he stepped on, but that guy says Vick hasn't.

I'm guessing he's just speaking on something he knows nothing about.Your first time over here?

I'm commenting on the fact that everyone is citing prior incidents and really referring to this one as the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back. (Such subtleties are lost on Capella.)

I'm commenting on the fact that everyone is citing prior incidents and really referring to this one as the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back. (Such subtleties are lost on Capella.)
:lmao: riiiiight

I'm guessing he's just speaking on something he knows nothing about.Your first time over here?
####, how'd I end up in the sharkpool? :confused: ...but I do know redman from another board and he seems like good people. A f'n redskin fan, but I don't hold that against him.

What exactly is the point of suspending him from the team when the season is over? I mean, is he barred from the weight room or something? Gee, that hurts.

What exactly is the point of suspending him from the team when the season is over?

I mean, is he barred from the weight room or something? Gee, that hurts.
He's a Junior -- he was planning on coming back to be the starting QB. He can't do that now.

I read somewhere that the OC almost suspended him at halftime.

EDIT: It was in that link I posted above. It was the QBs coach:

The only person who stood up and said exactly what needed to be said was Tech quarterbacks coach Kevin Rogers.

He was so furious with Vick that he considered recommending to Beamer that the quarterback be benched.
Wow. Must have been furious to "consider recommending" a benching. That takes balls.

Marcus Vick will survive again with a slap on the Nike wristband.
Maybe I've missed a bunch of stuff, but VT has actually been pretty firm with Vick. They suspended him for an entire season before. How is that a slap on the wrist.
But what the Hokies won was tempered by what they lost.

They lost some respect.
VT has built a good football program, but I don't think anyone that watches many of their games can lose respect based on Vick's action. Why? Because, from what I've seen, they've always had a good bit of thuggery on the field. It seems to me that they pile up the unsportsmanlike conduct penalties every so often. I've never thought, "VT, now there's a team full of good guys." Sure, they've had some good guys, but their not overflowing with them.
But chances are, the message Vick got was the one he always gets, the one that was expressed as he headed to the tunnel after the game.

A large group of lingering Tech fans cheered him loudly. Little kids reached over the railing and tried to touch him. A middle-aged man yelled "Way to go, Marcus!"

Yes, whoop it up, everyone.
Does this reporter think all the fans in attendance saw the incident? Was the jumbotron showing it over and over?

How long is the suspension?
It was announced as "undetermined" amount of time for stumping on the young as he laid helplessly on the ground in the bowl game.
Christain Laettener did the same thing to Aminu Timberlake in the famous Duke 104, Kentucky 103, on March 28, 1992 -- acclaimed by many the greatest college basketball game ever played.. Laettener was then, and always will be a jerk.

Hasn't he learned anything from his big brother?"Hey Ref, I swear it wasn't me, it was Don Canada!" (or Jon Portugal, or Von Germany, or Lon Turkmenistan).

What exactly is the point of suspending him from the team when the season is over? I mean, is he barred from the weight room or something? Gee, that hurts.
"Voluntary" workout programs begin almost immediately after the season ends. Those programs, which you are highly encouraged to attend, go far beyond weight training. Missing that along with spring practice will pretty much guarantee Vick has no starting job come late summer and or early fall. He'll be so far behind his competition at QB that it will be near impossible for him to win the starting job. He is being gently pushed out of the program. The university president and AD each issued statements on Tuesday regarding the event. Their comments and subsequent actions would lead one to believe that Beamer has been relinquished of his responsibilities over M. Vick. Beamer has had his chances to correct the issues and has failed. No AD or school president wants that type of negative publicity and it appears both have interceded to address the matter.

What exactly is the point of suspending him from the team when the season is over?

I mean, is he barred from the weight room or something? Gee, that hurts.
It's a suspension from games next season. Rumor is only 1 game. Hope it's more like 3.

If he did go pro what round would he go in? I say late 3rd or 4th. If I were Atl I would get him. His brother could teach him, and it is probably the only town that would want him.Anywhere else he would be on the bench and the second the starter starts playing bad the fans would pressure the organization into starting him.Atl should trade Shaub for picks. I personally think they may be able to get farther whith him as opposed to Vick, but I would assume you would want the same style QB to back up your starter. And, who else other than his brother has the most similar style?

EDIT: It was in that link I posted above.  It was the QBs coach:

Wow. Must have been furious to "consider recommending" a benching. That takes balls.
:goodposting: :lmao:

EDIT: It was in that link I posted above. It was the QBs coach:

:goodposting:

If he did go pro what round would he go in? I say late 3rd or 4th. If I were Atl I would get him. His brother could teach him, and it is probably the only town that would want him.

Anywhere else he would be on the bench and the second the starter starts playing bad the fans would pressure the organization into starting him.

Atl should trade Shaub for picks. I personally think they may be able to get farther whith him as opposed to Vick, but I would assume you would want the same style QB to back up your starter. And, who else other than his brother has the most similar style?
Is the USFL still around?

He's a punk, and always will be...If he were to clean up his act and quit with this crap, he could get drafted quite high in the NFL and we'd have the nauseating comparisons between him and his brother every day... :yucky:

####, how'd I end up in the sharkpool? :confused: ...but I do know redman from another board and he seems like good people. A f'n redskin fan, but I don't hold that against him.
Yeah he's over at The Huddle every once in a while. Where've you been Beakerpunk?

For having an "accident"?

I think they could sit him out for the first 4 games next year and not miss a beat:Sept. 2 Kent State Blacksburg Sept. 16 Southern Miss Blacksburg Sept. 23 Cincinnati Blacksburg Duke Blacksburg, Va. Georgia Tech Blacksburg, Va. at Miami Miami, Fla. at North Carolina Chapel Hill, N.C. Virginia Blacksburg, Va. at Boston College Chestnut Hill, Mass. Clemson Blacksburg, Va. at Wake Forest Winston-Salem, N.C.

Maybe I've missed a bunch of stuff, but VT has actually been pretty firm with Vick. They suspended him for an entire season before. How is that a slap on the wrist.
Didn't he get a redshirt for that year, though?

Didn't he get a redshirt for that year, though?
:shrug: I guess that depends on NCAA rules. Does VT have any say in whether he did or not?

I believe it was Elvis Dummerville (-2 sp) the DE from Louisville who arguably has the talent to be a first rounder. This could have been a million dollar spiking had elvis gotten hurt.agree with the masses, guy is a jerk, Tech's schedule is as weak in the ACC as it was in the Big East, and it's too bad they couldnt beat FSU, I'd loved to have seen Vick get exposed (again) by the Penn State Defense in the orange bowl.

I think they could sit him out for the first 4 games next year and not miss a beat:

Sept. 2 Kent State Blacksburg

Sept. 16 Southern Miss Blacksburg

Sept. 23 Cincinnati Blacksburg

Duke Blacksburg, Va.

Georgia Tech Blacksburg, Va.

at Miami Miami, Fla.

at North Carolina Chapel Hill, N.C.

Virginia Blacksburg, Va.

at Boston College Chestnut Hill, Mass.

Clemson Blacksburg, Va.

at Wake Forest Winston-Salem, N.C.
It doesn't matter, Sean Glennon is probably a better qb anyways. He's looked the best in practices and he was the primary back up to Brian Randle last season as a true freshman. The coaching staff redshirted Glennon this season with Corey Holt who was redshirted last season serving as Vick's primary back up. The coaching staff basically bought some time with Vick and the Glennon era is about to start. Vick was a bad qb anyways. He'll be a decent wr in the NFL though. He'll be in the mold of Randle El.

If he did go pro what round would he go in? I say late 3rd or 4th. If I were Atl I would get him. His brother could teach him, and it is probably the only town that would want him.

Anywhere else he would be on the bench and the second the starter starts playing bad the fans would pressure the organization into starting him.

Atl should trade Shaub for picks. I personally think they may be able to get farther whith him as opposed to Vick, but I would assume you would want the same style QB to back up your starter. And, who else other than his brother has the most similar style?
i see him at the 4th round at the highest and maybe dropping much lower than that.

I made a prediction on another board yesterday that he'd be arrested for armed robbery within three years. Granted, that's a step up/down from driving without a license, but he's on the right path.

sounds like he has 3 choices

The Richmond Times-Dispatch, citing sources, reported Friday that Beamer would offer Vick three options: declare for the NFL draft by the Jan. 15 deadline, transfer to a Division I-AA school so he can play his senior season without sitting out a year, or accept a suspension of at least one game and stay at Virginia Tech, knowing that one more misdeed would end his career with the Hokie

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/foot...svick.charg.ap/

Users who are viewing this thread