What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Live Draft > Location Ideas (1 Viewer)

[icon]

Insoxicated
Backstory:

I've got 3 live draft leagues that go down every year. 2 are in the same bar and offer some discounts and such and generally are a good time. The 3rd was an office league that was always an epic time. Everyone heads down to Tunica, MS where we'd get a big suite for the draft, everyone else gets regular rooms who wanted them (50-60% of the crowd) and then we do a draft in the suite, followed by private poker game (3/6 limit) then gamble other manners until folks pass out or head home to memphis.

I was downsized from this company but they've asked me to stay on as commish (still friends with all the guys). One request however is that Tunica has worn thin with several of the guys and they're looking for something more local.

Q: WHAT ARE SOME ALTERNATE DRAFT LOCATION OPTIONS?
• House: Hold it at someone's house (that has a pool ideally) then do a cookout. Maybe a poker game.
• Bars: Lots of bar options. I know BWW does $100 in food plus draft board. What about other options? Hooters?

What kinda options have you guys seen for a good live draft location. not as MUCH talking about activities (ie stuff like golf or paintball followed by a draft)... more looking at locations to host one. Restaurant/bar options. House? VFW hall? Places that do promos. Unique ideas. Etc.

Whatcha got Shark Poolers?

I was gonna mention Buffalo Wild Wings but you got that down already. That's where I'm doing mine this year.

Backstory:

I've got 3 live draft leagues that go down every year. 2 are in the same bar and offer some discounts and such and generally are a good time. The 3rd was an office league that was always an epic time. Everyone heads down to Tunica, MS where we'd get a big suite for the draft, everyone else gets regular rooms who wanted them (50-60% of the crowd) and then we do a draft in the suite, followed by private poker game (3/6 limit) then gamble other manners until folks pass out or head home to memphis.

I was downsized from this company but they've asked me to stay on as commish (still friends with all the guys). One request however is that Tunica has worn thin with several of the guys and they're looking for something more local.

Q: WHAT ARE SOME ALTERNATE DRAFT LOCATION OPTIONS?

• House: Hold it at someone's house (that has a pool ideally) then do a cookout. Maybe a poker game.

• Bars: Lots of bar options. I know BWW does $100 in food plus draft board. What about other options? Hooters?

What kinda options have you guys seen for a good live draft location. not as MUCH talking about activities (ie stuff like golf or paintball followed by a draft)... more looking at locations to host one. Restaurant/bar options. House? VFW hall? Places that do promos. Unique ideas. Etc.

Whatcha got Shark Poolers?
Dude, if you're in Memphis and concerned about costs, why not The Flying Saucer?

Whatever you do, don't hold it in the Presidential Suite at Hooters in Vegas. That place makes a Motel 6 look like the Four Seasons. I wouldn't go back there for free. Just nasty.

We got a guy who has a nice big house with a pool. The out of towners come and stay with him a day early, and even some of us who are in town stay the weekend there. Our draft is on Saturday, so Friday night we swim, drink, play pool, etc. We get up Saturday AM, eat a late lunch, and do one of our online drafts. We then start our main league draft at 6 PM.

It's a fantastic time and very relaxed doing at someone's house - especially a single guy where people can crash if they drink too much.

kutta said:
We got a guy who has a nice big house with a pool. The out of towners come and stay with him a day early, and even some of us who are in town stay the weekend there. Our draft is on Saturday, so Friday night we swim, drink, play pool, etc. We get up Saturday AM, eat a late lunch, and do one of our online drafts. We then start our main league draft at 6 PM.

It's a fantastic time and very relaxed doing at someone's house - especially a single guy where people can crash if they drink too much.
Always better to do it at someones home. :hifive:

Users who are viewing this thread