What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Winners / Losers of Draft Days 1-3 (1 Viewer)

I don't think of that as a need for them. But it is possible that Marshall is simply BPA. And besides last I checked they play in the Chiefs division so yeah why not.
Interesting. Mike Williams is a FA after this year and while guys like Guyton were able to make some big plays, I don't think he is a guy you would target 80-100 times a season. 

I had to prepare myself for Etienne to Buffalo as a Moss + SIngletary owner.   I was pretty thrilled to see the Jags take him off the board.   The remaining threats?   I think Etienne would have been a better compliment to their backfield than Javonte.   I think there are better landing spots for Javonte Williams including a slew of teams early in round 2, but I'm not sure BUF can be completely ruled out.   Gainwell might make some sense for them unless they really like Breida.   If they do really like Breida, then I'm probably hoping for something that's already a lost cause.  However, I think Breida is just a Yeldon replacement.  An injury prone one at that.

If I survive Javonte and Gainwell, are there any clear upgrades after that?   Maybe Carter?   Possibly Sermon?   I'm not sure that either of those are clear upgrades over Moss.  However, if they decide they want to roll with a three-headed monster at RB, then there's another half-dozen that fit the bill, including Breida.

Would really like to see Moss get another crack at the top of this backfield with a revamped O-line.   If he can't do anything with it, good riddance.
Gainwell is a guy that I think is pretty overrated by the draft community. He's a small, average speed, dancer. I don't think we'll hear his name until Saturday. Williams is the only RB left, I'd call a clear upgrade for Buffalo. I'm also not sure Buffalo views RB as a real need. I thinks its entirely possible its just Singletary/Moss/Breida going onto the season. Unlike say, the Steelers, I think the Bills were plenty happy with how pass heavy they were a year ago.

If we have an Eagles draft day loser, I say Miles Sanders. Smith is soaking up targets. Smith and Reagor could help make Hurts successful in Philly. Rushing QBs tend to dump off to RBs less often. So maybe Miles drops in value a little because we can expect his target ceiling to drop. 
At the same time though, running QBs tend to open up bigger holes in the running game, leading to higher YPC and more long runs. Also, more passing game weapons should mean less defensive attention. 

As long as the Eagles don't make a RB pick today, I'd say Sanders value went up personally. He's in the RB10-15 range for me. 

Interesting. Mike Williams is a FA after this year and while guys like Guyton were able to make some big plays, I don't think he is a guy you would target 80-100 times a season. 
Yeah maybe that is a good destination. Certainly Allen isn't getting younger. 

WR is the strongest position group on the Chargers team after QB. Allen is a legit #1 WR, Williams is a legit #2 WR (paid like a #1 this year), Guyton and Johnson are solid #3/#4 WRs, and they just drafted Reed and Hill last year to take their group to 6. 

Meanwhile, the Chargers need a starting CB, a starting caliber safety, IDL rotation/depth, LB depth, and TE depth/future starter.

As a Chargers fan, I will not be happy if they draft a WR.

WR is the strongest position group on the Chargers team after QB. Allen is a legit #1 WR, Williams is a legit #2 WR (paid like a #1 this year), Guyton and Johnson are solid #3/#4 WRs, and they just drafted Reed and Hill last year to take their group to 6. 

Meanwhile, the Chargers need a starting CB, a starting caliber safety, IDL rotation/depth, LB depth, and TE depth/future starter.

I was mostly talking for fantasy purposes. Allen is a legit #1 but he's still only a slot/possession WR. Mike Williams isn't a top outside WR IMO. Do you think they resign Williams at the end of the year?

I would disagree that WR is the strongest position after QB, but I would also agree they have some bigger needs. CB and LB would be my biggest issues. Ideally one of JOK or Bolton makes it to their 2nd rounder.

However, if they have internally decided that they aren't going to pay big money for Williams beyond this year, than WR would make some sense. That being said, Williams has been a solid WR2 whenever he's been healthy.

I know many sports analysts are suggesting Andy Dalton is a loser, but look at it from his perspective: he gets to ride the bench instead of getting killed behind that OL & he didn’t have to take a pay cut to do it.

Well played, Andy. Well played. 

I know many sports analysts are suggesting Andy Dalton is a loser, but look at it from his perspective: he gets to ride the bench instead of getting killed behind that OL & he didn’t have to take a pay cut to do it.

Well played, Andy. Well played. 
Hats off to Nick Foles as well. He doesn't even have to put pads on, and basically gets paid to watch games form the front row, and occasionally voice an opinion.

The band continues to be in point, nailing Signed, Sealed, Delivered (I’m Yours). 

They continue nailing the set list impressively. 

I would disagree that WR is the strongest position after QB, but I would also agree they have some bigger needs. CB and LB would be my biggest issues. Ideally one of JOK or Bolton makes it to their 2nd rounder.

However, if they have internally decided that they aren't going to pay big money for Williams beyond this year, than WR would make some sense. That being said, Williams has been a solid WR2 whenever he's been healthy.
I'd be interested to know what position group you think is stronger than WR other than QB... at least entering the draft, since OL might be arguable now that they drafted Slater.

The Chargers have a lot of need areas. They have helped themselves at LT and CB, which was crucial. But they need:

• Starter-caliber safety - Safety is a premium position in Staley's defense. James has been unable to stay healthy, and we don't know if Adderley can raise his level of play to starter level.
  • Pass rush - Ingram is gone. Nwosu and Fackrell will play across from Bosa; Nwosu is really unproven as a heavy rotation player, having never played more than 362 snaps in a season, and both of them are UFAs after the 2021 season.
  • Interior DL - Joseph turns 33 in October and both he and Justin Jones are UFAs after the 2021 season. Their other IDL players are completely unproven.
  • OL depth - The starters look upgraded, but they are one injury away from Pipkins, St. Louis, Norton, or Quessenberry having to step in.
  • TE - They have no starter-caliber TE for 2022, with Cook on a 1 year contract, and both Cook and Parham are poor blockers in the run game. They need an all around TE to possibly groom into at least a TE2 caliber player.
Very surprised Samuel was there for the Chargers. I could not have reasonably imagined a better two picks to open the draft with no trading. GM Tom Telesco has generally not been a strong drafter, but he started out great.

Of course, the third round has been a disaster for Telesco, and IMO that appears to be continuing with their selection of Josh Palmer. :thumbdown:  

Entering the draft, the Chargers were #4 in cap space devoted to WR. They already had 6 WRs who were potentially final roster worthy. This almost certainly means at least one of those players won't make the final roster, and this doesn't really address a need at all. I have a hard time believing Palmer was BPA on their board across all positions.

Dolphins done for the night with 3 picks and no RBs.

Have to see this as a win so far for Gaskin. 
I missed this point earlier, but with the trade up from 50 to 42, the dolphins now don't have a pick until the 7th. 

ETA nevermind, CBS had one of the trades wrong. NFL shows Miami also has a 5th.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be interested to know what position group you think is stronger than WR other than QB... at least entering the draft, since OL might be arguable now that they drafted Slater.

The Chargers have a lot of need areas. They have helped themselves at LT and CB, which was crucial. But they need:

• Starter-caliber safety - Safety is a premium position in Staley's defense. James has been unable to stay healthy, and we don't know if Adderley can raise his level of play to starter level.
  • Pass rush - Ingram is gone. Nwosu and Fackrell will play across from Bosa; Nwosu is really unproven as a heavy rotation player, having never played more than 362 snaps in a season, and both of them are UFAs after the 2021 season.
  • Interior DL - Joseph turns 33 in October and both he and Justin Jones are UFAs after the 2021 season. Their other IDL players are completely unproven.
  • OL depth - The starters look upgraded, but they are one injury away from Pipkins, St. Louis, Norton, or Quessenberry having to step in.
  • TE - They have no starter-caliber TE for 2022, with Cook on a 1 year contract, and both Cook and Parham are poor blockers in the run game. They need an all around TE to possibly groom into at least a TE2 caliber player.
Very surprised Samuel was there for the Chargers. I could not have reasonably imagined a better two picks to open the draft with no trading. GM Tom Telesco has generally not been a strong drafter, but he started out great.

Of course, the third round has been a disaster for Telesco, and IMO that appears to be continuing with their selection of Josh Palmer. :thumbdown:  

Entering the draft, the Chargers were #4 in cap space devoted to WR. They already had 6 WRs who were potentially final roster worthy. This almost certainly means at least one of those players won't make the final roster, and this doesn't really address a need at all. I have a hard time believing Palmer was BPA on their board across all positions.
I like the pass rush more. I think Fackrell and Nwosu are both solid players, and I'm not sure Ingram was a difference maker anymore. I'd also argue RB, I can't imagine they will suffer as many injuries as they did last year again. Austin Ekeler is basically cheaper(but not worse) Kamara in my opinion, and Jackson always plays well whenever he gets on the field. 

I like Josh Palmer too. He had one of the worst QB's in college football last year, easily the worst in the SEC anyway, but Palmer was getting open against top CB prospects, he just wasn't being hit. I think he's better than Guyton, Johnson, or Reed. Hill is a slot only guy so its not really a fair battle there. 

I missed this point earlier, but with the trade up from 50 to 42, the dolphins now don't have a pick until the 7th. 

ETA nevermind, CBS had one of the trades wrong. NFL shows Miami also has a 5th.
They took Holland at 36, Liam at 42 and Hunter Long TE at 81 fyi. 

WINNER

David Montgomery - Justin Fields, Teven Jenkins, no RB's drafted

An improved passing attack, run blocking, and the threat of Fields rushing should be a big help opening the up field for Monty.

WINNER

David Montgomery - Justin Fields, Teven Jenkins, no RB's drafted

An improved passing attack, run blocking, and the threat of Fields rushing should be a big help opening the up field for Monty.
yeah absolutely, and that's not just my Bears goggles talking

I like Josh Palmer too. He had one of the worst QB's in college football last year, easily the worst in the SEC anyway, but Palmer was getting open against top CB prospects, he just wasn't being hit. I think he's better than Guyton, Johnson, or Reed. Hill is a slot only guy so its not really a fair battle there
As of Tuesday, here were some of Palmer's rankings:

• Pro Football Focus: #71 overall, #10 WR
  • NFL.com: 6.24 grade, #12 WR, 4th round projection
  • Pro Football Network: #136 overall, #22 WR
  • CBS Sports: #139 overall, #23 WR
  • Draftek.com: #182 overall, #27 WR
  • ESPN: #184 overall, #31 WR
  • The Draft Network: #225 overall, #35 WR
Palmer was the 11th WR drafted.

As a Chargers fan, I can only hope that PFF did a better job of grading him than the rest.

Mike Davis too. 
Falcons have 4.03 and 4.09 today. If he clears those, it's wheels up.

It's funny, a month ago I was musing in the dynasty value discussion thread that at least one of Davis, Gaskin, or Edmonds would survive the draft based on available quality RBs, so maybe if I had 2 I should go buy the 3rd and have the whole set. They may actually all be starters at this point (depending how you feel about Conner).

I didn't see this mentioned, an I may have missed it, but AJ Brown has zero competition for targets. His volume looks to be insane, and he's already elite.

Feel good about D'Andre Swift, so far.
Agree. The Lions got Sewell and did not address their weak WR situation, which is manned by the fearsome threesome of Perriman/Tyrell Williams/Cephus.

Have to imagine the Lions will lean a lot on Swift, if not in the running game than often as an outlet/slot receiver.

Agree. The Lions got Sewell and did not address their weak WR situation, which is manned by the fearsome threesome of Perriman/Tyrell Williams/Cephus.

Have to imagine the Lions will lean a lot on Swift, if not in the running game than often as an outlet/slot receiver.
Cephus is a sneaky guy to target right now...Detroit is rebuilding and they will probably have to throw it a ton and looking at that WR group Cephus could not have a better opportunity...he showed some flashes last year and gotta believe the cost is pretty cheap.

As of Tuesday, here were some of Palmer's rankings:

• Pro Football Focus: #71 overall, #10 WR
  • NFL.com: 6.24 grade, #12 WR, 4th round projection
  • Pro Football Network: #136 overall, #22 WR
  • CBS Sports: #139 overall, #23 WR
  • Draftek.com: #182 overall, #27 WR
  • ESPN: #184 overall, #31 WR
  • The Draft Network: #225 overall, #35 WR
Palmer was the 11th WR drafted.

As a Chargers fan, I can only hope that PFF did a better job of grading him than the rest.
I'm surprised he was so low in some spots. Then again I thought Atwell and Eskridge were awful prospects(like borderline draft worthy) and they went in round 2.

Definitely agree that Mike Davis and Myles Gakin were big winners Day 2.   I would even call those upset victories.   I think it would be an even bigger upset if there aren't any selections in round 4.   As much as the Shark Pool has their favorite RB prospects that haven't been drafted yet, the fact that these guys are falling until round 4 should at least mean that Gaskin and Davis will get a chance to fight at the top of the depth chart.

Michael Carter at the top of round 4.  Things are finally starting to make sense.   I think he just cracked my round 1 draft board with that landing spot, even at the top of round 4.

Gainwell is a guy that I think is pretty overrated by the draft community. He's a small, average speed, dancer. I don't think we'll hear his name until Saturday. Williams is the only RB left, I'd call a clear upgrade for Buffalo. I'm also not sure Buffalo views RB as a real need. I thinks its entirely possible its just Singletary/Moss/Breida going onto the season. Unlike say, the Steelers, I think the Bills were plenty happy with how pass heavy they were a year ago.
Good call on Gainwell.   NFL war rooms clearly saw it the same way.

Mister CIA said:
Feel good about D'Andre Swift, so far.
For sure, and feel the same way about Gibson. Improved the o-line, didn't draft a RB, and Fitz should make the offense better/on the field longer/more opportunities for TDs compared to our dead last QB rating last year. 

The Eagles got a “steal” by taking a guy they had as a third round pick in round 4.  :lmao:
That said, I’m probably not alone in being concerned that Gainwell is going to relegate Sanders to a 2-down back.

That said, I’m probably not alone in being concerned that Gainwell is going to relegate Sanders to a 2-down back.
I’m not trying to disparage Gainwell. I’m just laughing at their audacity that their word is so gospel that a guy falling one round below their rankings is a steal.

Users who are viewing this thread