What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Live mock draft... (1 Viewer)

Evilgrin 72

Distributor of Pain
We did this last year - a bunch of posters each took a team and we did a live 2-round mock with commentary. Anyone interested in doing that again this year?

Signed up :

1 Houston - perry147

2 New Orleans - milfoshane

3 Tennessee - -OZ-

4 N.Y. Jets - Evilgrin 72

5 Green Bay - Kleck

6 San Francisco - Derek19

7 Oakland - blkgolf23

8 Buffalo - milfoshane

9 Detroit - bankerguy

10 Arizona - perry147

11 St. Louis - Blackjacks

12 Cleveland - bankerguy

13 Baltimore - jmon348

14 Philadelphia - fatkid

15 Denver (from Atlanta) - jmon348

16 Miami - Kirby

17 Minnesota - Andy Dufresne

18 Dallas - jackal

19 San Diego - Gold Plated Nails

20 Kansas City - Duckboy

21 New England - aposulli

22 Denver (from Washington) - jmon348

23 Tampa Bay - Hobbes

24 Cincinnati - Kirby

25 N.Y. Giants - Evilgrin 72

26 Chicago - Deranged Hermit

27 Carolina - Chaos Commish

28 Jacksonville - Chaos Commish

29 N.Y. Jets (from Denver) - Evilgrin 72

30 Indianapolis - milfoshane

31 Seattle - fridayfrenzy

32 Pittsburgh - Evilgrin 72

Washington (second round only) - Andy Dufresne

Atlanta (second round only) - Andy Dufresne

Last edited by a moderator:
Well you know I'd be in for that.

I'll take the Packers at #5. :stirspot:

Just kidding. I'll take the Vikings.

How much time will we have between picks? I'll take dallas or oakland

Depending on when it is I am in.

I'll take Dallas.

Crap...Jackal beat me to it.

I would take Detroit then. God knows they need some help.

I'll take Dallas.

Easy...Keep with tradition... Jackson at #9 :thumbup:

I don't think we would have a set time limit between picks, but if one or two stragglers were holding the whole thing up, I think it would be majority vote and move on. I'll update the first post with who is in and what teams thus far.

i'm in. dallas

is this for what we would take or what we expect to be the pick?
Indeed. Most Dallas fans expect the pick to go one way and would rather go another. Gimme the Texans since I can't have Dallas. I'll throw this whole thing for a loop by drafting Vince Young first!

Seriously, I'll take any team to fill a vacancy once you get this thing close.

i'm in. dallas

is this for what we would take or what we expect to be the pick?
Indeed. Most Dallas fans expect the pick to go one way and would rather go another. Gimme the Texans since I can't have Dallas. I'll throw this whole thing for a loop by drafting Vince Young first!

Seriously, I'll take any team to fill a vacancy once you get this thing close.
I really don't want to give you Houston - too easy for someone with your knowledge and acumen. I might even give you a few teams if you don't mind....

I'll take STL, how long in between picks and what time are you starting?
We can start as soon as we fill and the time between picks will be "as fast as possible" - if someone is on the clock too long (say for 3-4 hours during the day, or doesn't check in at all between 4 PM and 10 AM the next day - they will be skipped and majority will rule.)Also, this is to choose who you THINK the team will choose at that spot, not who you personally want, though that will undoubtedly color your thinking, which is fine.

By the way, I would also give a couple of teams if necessary to Andy D, Ridgelake, ML Brandow (did he defect back to FFT?) and Bloom, if they are willing.

I'll take STL, how long in between picks and what time are you starting?
We can start as soon as we fill and the time between picks will be "as fast as possible" - if someone is on the clock too long (say for 3-4 hours during the day, or doesn't check in at all between 4 PM and 10 AM the next day - they will be skipped and majority will rule.)Also, this is to choose who you THINK the team will choose at that spot, not who you personally want, though that will undoubtedly color your thinking, which is fine.
I'm in when it's ready then. I love slow days at work.

By the way, I would also give a couple of teams if necessary to Andy D, Ridgelake, ML Brandow (did he defect back to FFT?) and Bloom, if they are willing.
I'll gladly take an extra team or two. Since I have 3 picks with the Vikes, I could take the 'Skins' 2nd rounder to even it out.

I'll gladly take an extra team or two. Since I have 3 picks with the Vikes, I could take the 'Skins' 2nd rounder to even it out.
Thanks, man. We'll see what teams are unclaimed in an hour or two and split them up amongst those of us who are willing to take additional teams.By the way, trades ARE allowed, but must be approved by both owners, and you may not trade picks with yourself if you control more than one team.

I'm going to have to back out -- sorry... Going to be pretty busy the next week or so and don't know how often I'll be able to check in...

Are they the only team without a first rounder?You got 'em, by the way.

EG,

Not sure about your feeling on my accumen. However, I would be happy to take another team. (No NFC East teams.....as I may be accused of being negatively biased on their picks)

Are they the only team without a first rounder?You got 'em, by the way.
I believe so. What a fun draft day party that will be. :yawn: :sleep:

I'd be very happy to take the Titans.

I'll be moving there in August and can use the reason to overanalyze the team.

I'll take Dallas.

Getting a little slow there. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

EG,

Not sure about your feeling on my accumen. However, I would be happy to take another team. (No NFC East teams.....as I may be accused of being negatively biased on their picks)
You're solid. I'll definitely give you another team if need be, and thanks for stepping up. :thumbup:

I'll take the Pats if they're still available. Yes I am from the area. And by no means does that mean I have inside information because the Patriots never give away anything. But seriously, I have been scouting potential candidates for the first few rounds. The one thing I am sure of is that they will be looking hard at a Kicker in the middle rounds as they have some extra picks.

But they have a few gaping needs as many know. (LB, CB, RB, WR, OT)

FWIW, I prefer the 1-per person concept, but won't argue.

IF you have the need and Kevin doesn't show up (or a couple other locals), I can handle the Chiefs too, but would prefer to see this fill up with as close to 32 owners as possible. Just my 2cents.

ill take Denver if available

if take 2- Baltimore
If no BAL homers step up, I'll give them to you. You got Denver.Everyone else who requested a single team has them. Check first post for updates, it'll take me too long to respond to each individual post.

I want to start this by about 3 PM. Going to lunch now - back before 2:00.

Also, I am only on from 9-5 EDT. So, if someone else wants to start the pick thread that can stick around and update it after business hours, that would be great. If not, I am happy to do it, but be advised, there will be no updates of the master draft list until tomorrow AM.

EG,

Not sure about your feeling on my accumen.  However, I would be happy to take another team.  (No NFC East teams.....as I may be accused of being negatively biased on their picks)
You're solid. I'll definitely give you another team if need be, and thanks for stepping up. :thumbup:
"Solid"??? I feel like you are my boss giving me my performance rating.How do I get an excellent rating???

Just kidding!!

Users who are viewing this thread