What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Live online draft (1 Viewer)

lebowski

Footballguy
Anyone ever do a live online draft at MFL? I have done them on a couple other sites and had nothing but problems. Just wondering if they run smoothly, especially on the busy draft weekends.

Thanks for your input.

I used the MFL Draft Room last year and had no problems at all -- best experience of any of my drafts on other sites. I just setup my draft for this year and am ready to roll again -- MFL makes it very easy.

ETA: My draft is always held the second Saturday of August at 12:00 p.m. AKT.

LJ

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd suggest if you have your league on MFL that you instead buy your auction at fantasyauctioneer.com. Their auction software is better than anything else I've seen, and a lot better than MFL unless they've overhauled it this year.

They have a partnership with MFL so you get a discount, and they will automatically transfer the results of the auction into your MFL league if you wish.

on a similar note, what about their live online auction - any issues for people who have used that?
MyFantasyLeague.com does not offer a live on-line auction - only a live on-line draft. The only site (that I'm aware of, anyway!) that offers a live, on-line auction is fantasyauctioneer.com

I'd suggest if you have your league on MFL that you instead buy your auction at fantasyauctioneer.com. Their auction software is better than anything else I've seen, and a lot better than MFL unless they've overhauled it this year.
MyFantasyLeague.com does not offer a live, on-line auction. I'm guessing you used the MFL email auction pages for a live auction, which probably got ugly in a big hurry!

MyFantasyLeague.com does not offer a live, on-line auction. I'm guessing you used the MFL email auction pages for a live auction, which probably got ugly in a big hurry!
Actually we didn't really use it at all. We had experience with FA's product, and after reading the help files on what MFL's could do, we could see that as you said, it would get ugly in a hurry. So we didn't bother using MFL's at all. Though next year I plan to use it strictly for our franchise and transition tagged player auction, which is separate from the vet auction and I want to have before the NFL draft.

my bad - read it wrong on the set up page...what about lebowski's question - how's the live draft feature?

I used the live draft feature this season (90 seconds per pick). It worked pretty well. Its a solid application. No real problems came up at all. I give it... :goodposting: :thumbup:

I have used MFL for several years and ran about 20 leagues last year using the live feature (90 secs per pick). I had several problems with the site locking up (3 drafts I recall). It was a hassle since we had owners all over the country but MFL got the problem figured out (server issues).

The biggest problem we had was on our end where not all the owners had high speed internet access. Owners with dial up had issues getting in there picks with only a couple seconds left.

All in all I have favorable things to say about it. We have already run several drafts this year using the live feature. MFL has the pre-draft abilities which speeds up the draft when owners use it (12 hour per pick, etc).

MFL is by far the most complete application in my opinion.

my bad - read it wrong on the set up page...what about lebowski's question - how's the live draft feature?
Thanks, this thread go hijacked quick.

I was in a FBG live draft last week and it worked great. We finished quickly with no glitches. One feature I liked a ton was the draft room and having each pick called out ...so I could follow the banter on the chat. It was a lot of fun. The draft had the feel of a fast-paced live, local draft.

Users who are viewing this thread